TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake Headrest Covers

poohtang

Looking at the pictures of the 2010 Super Snake, I see the headrests look like real ones, that actually match and aren't those cheesey covers we (or at least I) got with my SS package. As time has gone on, they look worse and worse to me and I have been tempted to remove the covers and live with the original GT500 headrests.

Question: Are the new, 'real' ones available and does anyone know details on how much, who do I contact, etc., to buy some for my ride??

Looking at the pictures of the 2010 Super Snake, I see the headrests look like real ones, that actually match and aren't those cheesey covers we (or at least I) got with my SS package. As time has gone on, they look worse and worse to me and I have been tempted to remove the covers and live with the original GT500 headrests.

Question: Are the new, 'real' ones available and does anyone know details on how much, who do I contact, etc., to buy some for my ride??

Go here:

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/theadrest.htm

Click on "More pictures" and it shows a few options.

Phill Pollard

2010 Kona Blue/White GT500

Thanks but they do not carry Super Snake headrests. But pictures of the 2010 Super Snake show real headrests, not covers. I'm wondering if they only come with the Super Snake interior option. Hopefully someone can give me a tip.

How about all you SS owners? Are you happy with the covers which don't fit great, are definitely NOT the same black, etc????

Thanks but they do not carry Super Snake headrests. But pictures of the 2010 Super Snake show real headrests, not covers. I'm wondering if they only come with the Super Snake interior option. Hopefully someone can give me a tip.

How about all you SS owners? Are you happy with the covers which don't fit great, are definitely NOT the same black, etc????

I didn't care for them, so when it was available, I added the interior upgrade. Headrests are now stitched.

I did keep the original covers, just in case the grand kids want to put them back on :hysterical: .

I beleive my SS came with headrests not covers. I think they changed that later on because of the complaints. Mine look great. I wonder if SAI will let you change that out.

I saw pictures of the original ones, I didn't like them either. I wasn't going to put them on.

Aggie

I didn't care for them, so when it was available, I added the interior upgrade. Headrests are now stitched.

I did keep the original covers, just in case the grand kids want to put them back on :hysterical: .

But the headrests included in the interior upgrade have a stitched CS signature right? They don't say "Super Snake". The seat back has the Super Snake stitching, is this correct?

R

• 2 months later...

I have been researching this further...................Full headrests with correct original Super Snake logo in the correct color.

How much "real" interest is there is getting full headrests done in the correct original Super Snake logo? the same logo as comes on the covers, but instead a full matching stitched headrests?

This logo, this look......................

Picture1714-2.jpg

Are there at least 20 interested owners? My guess would be $200-$300 per pair (that is just a guess). A new pair of original GT500 headrests (plain originals) are approx. $65 each (at 20% over cost) from the dealer for a price comparision. I think they are $85 each list price, again for a price comparision.

Who is really interested?

Thanks, Robert

I have been researching this further...................Full headrests with correct original Super Snake logo in the correct color.

How much "real" interest is there is getting full headrests done in the correct original Super Snake logo? the same logo as comes on the covers, but instead a full matching stitched headrests?

This logo, this look......................

Picture1714-2.jpg

Are there at least 20 interested owners? My guess would be $200-$300 per pair (that is just a guess). A new pair of original GT500 headrests (plain originals) are approx. $65 each (at 20% over cost) from the dealer for a price comparision. I think they are $85 each list price, again for a price comparision.

Who is really interested?

Thanks, Robert

i would be interested in them mine look terrible

You do know that SAI sells the complete headrests with your choice of logo for $199.

Yes, I have a picture of them also. The logo on the SPP headrest is the same as is found on the side and grill of the car, very nice!! HOWEVER, there are two points of interest with them..............the first point is, the headrests will not match the logo on the console cover, but there is another point, the SPP headrests only come in Silver stitching. The stitching on the original headrest covers is White (as shown above) and they match the original console door/cover.

Now, there is an option............the SPP Silver stitch headrest covers would look great with the SPP Super Snake console door/cover with "like" logo, but then were are another $199 deep and these items do not have the Super Snake look as originally installed by SAI at the time of conversion. This original look is unique when compared to anything offered "after the fact", but..........the replacement items are cool looking also!!

Like I said, I have researched this..........

My option was to get something made that matches exactly for approx. the same $$$. My $200-$300 quote may have been a little high, but the group of buyers would also have to pay for the original set-up fee for the original embroidery.

BTW - I may have found another option here in Fla...................Stay tuned!!

R

Hoping the price is closer to $200 than $300, but I am definitely in. Will the black 'leather' match the seats as well?

Thanx!!

My choice was to buy a pair of brand new OEM Ford headrests for a 2008 GT500 so the color and pebblegrain will match and get them embroidered with the correct original Super Snake logo as it appears on the original headrest covers that were installed in my Super Snake at SAI, with White stitching. I found a Ford dealer in Va. who had ordered a pair of headrests and they were/are not returnable since they are "soft trim". They sold them to me for $100 plus $17.50 shipping, in comparision to $130 (cost plus 20%) plus tax as quoted to me here in Fla. I have a auto upholstry shop here in Fla. who specializes in custom embroidery and they will do an initial set-up of the logo from my original Super Snake cover for approx. $150, maybe a little less. <<<This is the one-time set-up fee I spoke of in the post above. After the original $150 set-up fee, once the logo/pattern is entered in their computer, they can embroider this logo for approx. $50 (maybe a little less) per headrest. Since I am shelling out the original $150, it would be nice if I could pull together a small group of people who would share this initial expense.

So all this means that "if" I pay the $150 set-up fee, they will have this original Super Snake logo in their computer for their automated embroidery machine, and anyone who decides to get either their original headrests that are under the SAI installed Super Snake cover, or anyone who decides to leave their original Super Snake headrests intact and buy new headrests for stitching can have it done for $50 (or so) per headrest. I am waiting for the two headrests from Va. to arrive. Once they get here, I am going to remove the headrest from my Super Snake and bring it to the shop for a pattern/sample. I want to see a finished product before I go any further, and I would rather use a pair of "other" headrests instead ones original to my Super Snake.

I also quoted an incorrect price in the post above...........If someone decides that they want to install the SPP headrests and matching logo console door, the door is $299, not $199 as I had quoted above. <<<Like I said, these SPP items look Great!!, but they do not match what was originally installed in my Super Snake, so, I have chosen to persue a different avenue to get correct stitched Super Snake headrests in my Super Snake. I would have been very happy to buy them for SAI/SPP (as would many/most of you), but they do not offer original looking Super Snake stitched headrests.

I also want to add that I did speak directly via phone and email (last summer) with a SAI representative about offering a full headrest stitched in the original Super Snake logo, they felt that was a good idea, they ask me what logo I prefer, I sent them a picture of the original and they decided instead to have the fender/grill logo done in Silver. Like I said, this "other" design looks Great, and I mean that, but it requires addition $$$ to be spent on a matching console door and we are still not "correct original" looking for what was originally installed at SAI when these cars were built. I also have been in contact with a person at SAI for the last 1 year plus who is more in the conversion end of the business. He thought that a fully stitched Super Snake headrest was going to become the regular production item many months ago, but it has not become reality from what I was told as recent as two weeks ago. So, it was time to go a different direction.

R

Going back thru the chain, I am still not sure if the correct design and material replacement headrests are available from Shelby. Whether that be the Shelby Store, or thru the SS conversion folks. 08jester said that he received full headrests with his SS, not covers. Is that correct?

If none of that is real and the only way to get good looking real headrests is to follow Robert M's lead, then I'll go that path. Robert, can you summarize the process and costs? It sounds like its ordering headrests from Ford for somewhere between $100 to $150 and then shipping them to your guy in Florida to embroidery them for around $100. Total is $200 to $250 plus shipping, tax, etc. Is that a good summary? More than I would like to pay, but nothing seems to be cheap when it comes to these toys!! Let me know.........

Thanx, Gary

Going back thru the chain, I am still not sure if the correct design and material replacement headrests are available from Shelby. Whether that be the Shelby Store, or thru the SS conversion folks. 08jester said that he received full headrests with his SS, not covers. Is that correct?

If none of that is real and the only way to get good looking real headrests is to follow Robert M's lead, then I'll go that path. Robert, can you summarize the process and costs? It sounds like its ordering headrests from Ford for somewhere between $100 to $150 and then shipping them to your guy in Florida to embroidery them for around $100. Total is $200 to $250 plus shipping, tax, etc. Is that a good summary? More than I would like to pay, but nothing seems to be cheap when it comes to these toys!! Let me know.........

Thanx, Gary

Gary - Here is a photo of what was sent to me by a SPP rep. when I asked about the current Super Snake headrests that are available. They look Great, but.........they do not match what was installed during the Super Snake conversion.

The logo is different, the stitching is Silver............

IMG00041.jpg

Compared to original with White stitching...............

Picture1714-2.jpg

And then the original Super Snake console door (logo w/White stitching).................

Picture1710-2.jpg

Compared to the Great looking, but not original looking Super Snake console door currently offered..................

zop10-2.jpg

And then the White Super Snake logo offered, but this is a White logo which will not match the Silver stitching which is all that is offered on the SPP headrests currently.

zop10-7.jpg

Another point of interest about the SPP Super Snake headrests and console door logo's..................The headrests - The background is dark, the logo is light. One the console door - The background is light and the logo is dark. They are opposite from each other. No big deal, but just an observation......

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Let me get my headrests done before I quote a total. The main difference is going to be if you buy new headrests, or use your originals, but either way, the embroidery will be in the $50 per headrest range, and then shipping charges.

R

• 2 weeks later...

OK SOUNDS STUPID BUT HOW DO YOU GET HEAD RET OUT I PUSHED BUTTON TO RAISE THEM UP THEY DONT WANT TO PULL ALL THE WAY OUT ANYBODY OUT THERE KNOW HOW TO DO

Not a stupid question. I had to ask the same question when my new headrests arrived.

There's a small pin hole on one side of the base rings in the top of the seat. You have to use a paper clip or something small and insert it at that location to release the head rest.

Archived