TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Drive train sounds with 5spd trans

07SHELGT

It almost sounds like a light clanking sound. I have had 60's and 70's stick muscle cars and you would get those sounds from that car era. I did not expect to here it from a 2007 car with 2600 miles.

I get that "light clanking" sound in 1st and (to a lesser degree) in 2nd also.

Dealer could not find a fix. The TSB did not help. They tightened everything and still the noise is present. They asked if I could reinstall the factory wheels and take it back for further inspection. Sorry I hoped it would have been fixed and I could have passed along the results... :headscratch:

Does anyone experience sounds from the 5spd trans, drive shaft, universal joint or rear axle at low speeds, slight exhilaration, or deceleration

Does the noise occur during shifting (as per the TSB that WildAzCat posted) or just during modulation of the throttle (without shifting gears)?

You can here the sound, low speed 1st gear under 15-20 mph and slight exhilaration, or deceleration when you push foot on or foot off gas pedal. I will have Ford look at.

I had the TSB transmission matter taken care of under warranty about a month ago. Shifts much better (easier, would be a way to put it) and not as "hot-to-the-touch" anymore (the shaft of the shifter would get really hot while driving - I mean "hot!").

Not as noisy.

After the car has sat for a few days or longer, I do however get a nice puff of smelly blue smoke! Dealer told me something about residue within the mufflers causing this - and not to worry????? I don't know about this one.

Any others with smelly blue-ish smoke upon cold start-ups?

You can here the sound, low speed 1st gear under 15-20 mph and slight exhilaration, or deceleration when you push foot on or foot off gas pedal. I will have Ford look at.

Weird, mine does the same thing. I just figured it was part of my Griggs setup causing it, but now that you mention it, it's always done it. :headscratch:

I had the TSB transmission matter taken care of under warranty about a month ago. Shifts much better (easier, would be a way to put it) and not as "hot-to-the-touch" anymore (the shaft of the shifter would get really hot while driving - I mean "hot!").

Not as noisy.

After the car has sat for a few days or longer, I do however get a nice puff of smelly blue smoke! Dealer told me something about residue within the mufflers causing this - and not to worry????? I don't know about this one.

Any others with smelly blue-ish smoke upon cold start-ups?

yes to the smoke...

yes to the smoke

Archived