TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Key remote programming problem

motorhead213

Ok,My wifes Roush 427r needed another key remote.I had a xtra one for my Shelby i didn't need so i thought i would program it for her car.I did the programming and it did program for her car but,now it works for both cars.Her original one only operates her car still and i programmed them both at the same time,and my other GT500 remotes operate her car also.I think i need to clear the one remote and don't know how to do this.Anyone know ? Thanks for any help.

Ok,My wifes Roush 427r needed another key remote.I had a xtra one for my Shelby i didn't need so i thought i would program it for her car.I did the programming and it did program for her car but,now it works for both cars.Her original one only operates her car still and i programmed them both at the same time,and my other GT500 remotes operate her car also.I think i need to clear the one remote and don't know how to do this.Anyone know ? Thanks for any help.

Try repeating the programming procedure for the remotes (Cycle the ignition 8 times). If that doesn't work I'm stumped.

Try repeating the programming procedure for the remotes (Cycle the ignition 8 times). If that doesn't work I'm stumped.

I did repeat the programming 3 times,same thing.I quess if i have to i could just buy a new remote and discard the one.I think what may have caused the problem is the 2 cars were too close together when i did the program so i did it again when we went out to eat[a few miles away] and it still works both cars.

Hey! Figure out how you did it and tell me! I've got 3 Ford remotes on my key ring and wish 1 could do all 3!

You really dont want this problem.If you lock/unlock or pop the trunk on 1 car and the other is within range, it'll do them both or probley all 3.

you need to take your car to the dealer to have the fob erased. we do it with the scan tool.before doing that you can try reprogramming your shelby first with just the one remote as that usually makes the one not programmed inop, but it doesn't totally erase it.

you need to take your car to the dealer to have the fob erased. we do it with the scan tool.before doing that you can try reprogramming your shelby first with just the one remote as that usually makes the one not programmed inop, but it doesn't totally erase it.

Thanks, I'll try that,if that doesn't work, I'll see my dealer.

Archived