TEAM SHELBY FORUM

San Antonio Shelbys

sportscars

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, everyone! I am in San Antonio and woud like to participate in upcoming Shelby events. My dad and I got a 2009 GT500 white/blue. Is there a schedule for upcoming meetings or events? I will send a PM to sportscars with my email address. See ya'll at the next event! P.S. If you see me in my other "hotrod" then you will understand my username.

Hi 50,

Welcome to the shelby family. The next "planned" get together would be at the cars and coffee at blanco and 1604 in the panera bread parking lot. Its from 830-11. We have been getting there at about 930am or so. Its the last saturday of each month. so the 24th for april. I look forward to seeing you there!

Sal

• 1 month later...

Here is a list of what is going on in San Antonio monthly:

3rd Saturday of each Month (May 15, June 19, July 17, Aug 21, Sept 18, Oct 16)

Bass Pro Shop Outdoor World

At "The Rim" Shopping Center

I-10 Exit 555

NW San Antonio

Food - Music 6-9 pm

April thru October 2009

2ND FRIDAY EACH MONTH (June 11, July 9, Aug 13, Sept 10, Oct 8)

6.00 to 9.00 pm

April-October

Broadway Bank (across from HEB)

20440 Hwy 46 West

Bulverde, Tx.

Every Friday Night

Biff Buzby's Burgers

Biff Buzby's Burgers: 210-590-2040

12702 Toepperwein Rd # 130

Live Oak, TX 78233, US

$ 5.00 to park, refundable if you eat at Biff's

2ND Saturday of EACH MONTH (June 12, July 10, Aug 14, Sept 11, Oct 9)

Cars & Coffee

Shipley's Donuts

Loop 1604 & Redland Rd.

Starting March 14 & every second Saturday of each month from 6:30am to 9:00am

Last Saturday of each month (May 29, June 26, July 31, Aug, 28, Sept 25)

Cars & Coffee

Panera Bread @ 1604 & Blanco

8:30 am until about 11 am

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna try to make it. I am re-sodding my back yard on Friday, so I may be a bit sore. I also have to figure out child care.

I was thinking we could all ride up Blanco rd to Spring Branch and eat at the new Beefy's Burgers.

It's about 60 miles round trip (30 there, 30 back).

Here is the link to the map.

View Larger Map

I haven't driven these roads in about 10 years, so if anyone knows anything about them speak up.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

Since Sean and Warren are out of town this weekend, I would like to recommend we have our October 9th SA Club meeting at Chester's Hamburger Co at Hwy 281 and Thousand Oaks (16609 San Pedro Ave

San Antonio, TX 78232) this Saturday at 1pm. The only problems are that there are a few speed bumps in the parking lot and their party room is unavailable (I was told it needs to be reserved 2 weeks in advance).

I am open for alternatives.

Steve

Hello Everyone,

Since Sean and Warren are out of town this weekend, I would like to recommend we have our October 9th SA Club meeting at Chester's Hamburger Co at Hwy 281 and Thousand Oaks (16609 San Pedro Ave

San Antonio, TX 78232) this Saturday at 1pm. The only problems are that there are a few speed bumps in the parking lot and their party room is unavailable (I was told it needs to be reserved 2 weeks in advance).

I am open for alternatives.

Steve

Steve, that sounds good. :yup:

Speed bumps? :fear:

How's parking there?

The parking lot is pretty large with about 18 slots right at the entrance and another 40 or so behind the building covered by large oak trees. For some reason they added two speed bumps as you enter the lot from Mecca Drive (the extension of Thousand Oaks Drive). This place gets pretty packed in the evening and weekday lunch, but I have seen it fairly empty on Saturday afternoon. They have a medium sized indoor seating area and another area that opens up to the outside (along 281) with garage doors they can open to let the air in.

Possible topics for discussion are:

MustangFest 2010

MustangFest 2011

San Antonio Mustang Club Car Show at Bass Pro Shops

HPDE Track Day at Harris Hill (Nov 20)

Cars and Coffee

Others?

Steve

• 2 months later...

I send out emails every month with a list of events. The best way to stay up to date is to join the San Antonio Shelby Club so that I have your email address. I try to post here, but don't always get around to it. www.sasclub.webs.com Our next meeting is this Saturday at noon at Fuddruckers at I-10 and Wurzbach. Bring a new unwrapped toy is you want because after lunch we will be going to Red McCombs to drop off toys for the Blue Santa program. Another Mustang club will be there and we can mingle if we want or we can just take off and go our own way or do something else together. My brother will be running at Harris Hill in San Marcos and we can go and hang out and watch. They have a great elevated covered viewing deck where we can watch the action.

• 4 weeks later...

Warren and I will be there Lee. We are renting an RV and will be there the whole weekend.

Great! We will be parked around the 3/4 mile mark. Get there early and try and set-up by us. If you are not there Thursday you will not get a spot on the mile, you will have to camp down the other runway.

Why dont we follow you down there? That way we can be sure we get our camps together. I have some very nice creature comforts to bring.

Sounds good! I like creature comforts! We will head down Thursday about 12:00 noon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi gang. I a picked up a GT500 and I am in San Antonio, so I guess ya'll have another member for the crew :)

I'll be sure to join the SA club and look forward to meeting up sometime. :)

I've always wnated to go check out the mile as well. Maybe this is the year to actually go.

Its worth the trip. Its a blast even if you do not compete!

Looks like Sean and I are gonna have to split the events. TMS is having an event the same weekend, and I have to go since it is a Team Shelby sponsored event. Sorry guys, but I will see if I can make a Texas Mile appearance at some point though.:salute:

Anything new on our run around kerrville this year. Sure am anxious to see everyone again. Wish we were closer to san antonio so we could meet up with everyone each month. But we might surprise you and make one anyway.

Can't wait to see you and Juanita again. You can also join www.centexsvt.com and see our events for around the Austin/Waco area. We also try and include the SA group as well as the Houston crew.

Shameless plug aside, (poke Lori) LOL, I think March 12th will be our date due to it coinciding with what is our normal local Shelby club monthly meeting date. We have a lot going on the months of March and April, and May is completely full for me. (pocono in PA, and an Alaskan cruise right after). There is a HPDE at the Cressen, TX track the same weekend, but we have to do it sometime.

I hope you all can make it. We have a really great route planned this year that should really get your blood pumping, and is going to be beautiful. We will set a rainout date for the 19th if needed. Plan on using the new hotel in Buda for Saturday night, and I will be joining everyone staying over. We will start at the same rally point as last year in Kerrville, saturday morning at 9am, but the route will not be the same as last year. More details to follow this week. I will be running the route this week to establish the timing, fuel and rest stops, and a lunch stop. We will do dinner in Buda or near it.

Archived