TEAM SHELBY FORUM

San Antonio Shelbys

sportscars

Okay,

Thought I would start a post here for all the San Antonio folks. Here is what you need to do:

1) Subscribe to this thread so you will know when it is updated and when other people join/post.

2) PM me with anybody you see on the site that is from San Antonio or the surrounding area and I will let them know about this thread.

3) Think about where we want to get together and how often (i.e. 1st Thursday of the month at Boston's pizza or whatever). Would be nice to have a patio or "special" parking or if someone owns a business where we could go and socialize :beerchug: a little.

Post your thoughts and ideas here.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is who I have/will PM about this:

Dubbsfaris

Mustangsal

Captianbeyond

Lee Novikoff

CSX4350

Bigbadtoe

SVOC

SprSnk

Andresh53

JCSESI

I know there are others. I don't have my notebook from the last get together we had, but I have a few more names in there. Plus I am sure there are some others that I know and I am just plain forgetting. :doh:

Everyone can come up to Spicewood and hang out at the Ryckman Motorsports shop and see my GT500, the engine and suspension in a billion pieces. BBQ joint is next door and an easy walk.

Well you know I may have to pull myself away from my busy schedule for this.

Nothing like hanging out with fellow horsepower freaks, I'll just let my wife to the talking in this dept.

Jeff

Well you know I may have to pull myself away from my busy schedule for this.

Nothing like hanging out with fellow horsepower freaks, I'll just let my wife to the talking in this dept.

Jeff

I am in. Just let me know when. Have a buddy with a GT500 here that will come as well.

Thanks for making this thread Sean, for me i'd prefer a friday night get together. I think genghis grill has a patio or maybe just going to that sonic on 218/1604 initially till we find a good place, plus the sonic lets us been seen by other potential 500 owners, bostons is nice too.

We can not park all that horsepower in a parkinglot that does not serve beer. I vote for somewhere with a bar.

We can not park all that horsepower in a parkinglot that does not serve beer. I vote for somewhere with a bar.

+1

Im thinkin Bikini's in San Marcos if we are going to do both Austin/San Antonio folks, or something similar in SA if its a SA hangout...

Bikini's in SA on Fredericksburg Rd is not patio/car friendly enough for me...If we do San Antonio, I vote for Boston's, they know me VERY well there...

Also, Im not keen on going to other car club hangouts everytime, although I dont mind it every once in a while. Some of the open car hangouts like Biff's tend to get somewhat ghetto IMO... (I hope that doesn't make me come off as elitist, but I like my Shelby friends! Im just wierd like that.

Sorry folks my wife and I will have to forfeit if it's a friday gig, that is no where conducive for us, it would have to be a saturday thing or nothing.

We travel far too much during the week to make friday happen, plus with the times we get off work that pushes the envelope even more.

Love to hang out and talk garbage about SVT power but we'd have to have a saturday to do it on.

Jeff

I have a couple places in mind (Specht's, Order Up and Boston's), just need to do a little more research.

What time works for you all? Here is what I was thinking:

4 to 6 pm

5 - 7 pm

6 - 8 pm

or

7 - 9 pm

What works best for everyone?

I have a couple places in mind (Specht's, Order Up and Boston's), just need to do a little more research.

What time works for you all? Here is what I was thinking:

4 to 6 pm

5 - 7 pm

6 - 8 pm

or

7 - 9 pm

What works best for everyone?

If we want to hang out and look at cars we need to do it while there is still daylight. I would say 4-6.

If we want to hang out and look at cars we need to do it while there is still daylight. I would say 4-6.

good point, it's hard to see the cars at biffs cuz it is dark. I don't know about you guys, but I think I can swing longer than 2 hours too...LOL

good point, it's hard to see the cars at biffs cuz it is dark. I don't know about you guys, but I think I can swing longer than 2 hours too...LOL

Yeah, I am pretty sure that once I get there I might want to stay more than two hours (unless Jeff show up :hysterical: ).

Anybody been to Specht's lately? I used to go when I had bikes but that was a few years ago.

I will call Boston's tomorrow and see what they can do for parking. I imagine we will have to park in back and it might be hard to see the cars. Order Up doesn't really have much atmosphere but you can see the cars easily.

Majority rules here. Speak up.

Well, Specht's is off a gravel driveway, so Im not down with that unless we have been on the road getting the cars dirty all day....Lets just do Boston's or Lion and Rose on Sonterra Blvd maybe? We can do Fox and Hound on Thousand Oaks too.... for the first meet and we can discuss it there for future ones....as far as seeing the cars, if we show up at 4, we still get an hour and a half of sunlight at that time...

So whats the rest of the group say? December 12, 4pm - whenever

Boston's? or somewhere else?

Well, Specht's is off a gravel driveway, so Im not down with that unless we have been on the road getting the cars dirty all day....Lets just do Boston's or Lion and Rose on Sonterra Blvd maybe? We can do Fox and Hound on Thousand Oaks too.... for the first meet and we can discuss it there for future ones....as far as seeing the cars, if we show up at 4, we still get an hour and a half of sunlight at that time...

So whats the rest of the group say? December 12, 4pm - whenever

Boston's? or somewhere else?

Sounds good to me. If we have guys from Austin/San Marcus/New Braunfels areas coming we might want to keep it to the north east if possible. Fox and Hound might be close enough to NE side for the northern guys. Or Hooters on I35 just north of the Forum.

Wow - y'all are all formal and everything. In Houston everyone just knows to meet at Starbucks every Tuesday night. That's it. No big deal! Who would have ever thought it would be more laid back in Houston.

We are so laid back here that unless someone works EVERYTHING out nobody would show up. :hysterical:

Holihans or Hoters would work. Not big on Hooters as I'm not a fan of their food and if I want to look at half naked women I will just go look at fully naked women for about the same $. (not that I do that).

I will scope out holihans this week.

Archived