TEAM SHELBY FORUM

San Antonio Shelbys

sportscars

maybe we can make saturday a lunch meet up? just an idea to throw out there

Driving is not an issue for us so not worried about the extra 10 miles. Need to check with Jeff to see if we are still ago. He seems to have a lot of Shelby's torn apart right now. :doh:

So will this be a lunch meet up or later? May need some directions...I know how to get to our branch office in downtown and Spaghetti Warehouse and that's about it.

Rain or shine, it will be Reaper since he is the daily driver as well. :shift:

Rick, I am now the "Real Estate Appraiser", "Raper", "Real April 1st", and "Re-apprehend"

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Sherri,

We will have another soon....and the hill country drive at some point.

As far as time, lets shoot for 2pm, and we can miss any crowd....Andrea and I have a B-Day party later, and will need to go by 4:30 or 5. I will bring the GT350 brochures I have that are not available as of yet online.

Tap Exchange

22250 Bulverde Rd

San Antonio, TX 78259

(210) 396-7917

Northeast corner of Bulverde and Evans Rds, next to the CVS.

If you are coming from 1604 and I-35, take 1604 west to Bulverde Rd, north(right) about 3 miles, just past the intersection of Evans rd. on the right.

2pm....be there or else! :hysterical:

No worries John, we will have many things to do coming up in the next couple months...you are on the short list, but if you can send me your email, I will add it to the distribution list....I already have something else to talk to you about anyway.

Okay, I dont know what rock I have been living under, but I just found out about the San Antonio Cars and Coffee monthly event. The last Saturday of each month at the Panera Bread in the Vinyard (Vineyard?). It is from 8:30 until 11 am.

From the pictures I saw there are between 50-60 cars there. Ferrari's, Lambo's, Viper's, Cobra's, ect. I only saw ONE Mustang. Thats just not right.

Anyone up for this on Saturday the 27th?

Last meeting there were 6 Vipers. I think we can beat that.

• 2 weeks later...

San Antonio cars and coffee this Saturday at Panera Bread at the Vinyard (1604 & Blanco).

8:30 till 11:00 am

Hope to see a good Shelby crowd as I heard there were ZERO Shelby's there last month (possibly 1 Cobra).

I should be there by 9 or so. Wearing either my blue Team Shelby shirt (2009) or my black Shelby Pit shirt.

Sean

Lets see, the clutch is finally done in the Series 1 but it needs tires badly, and nobody makes rear tires in the original size any more. The GT500 is at Bluebonnet Ford in New Braunfels waiting for a flywheel & clutch. So, I have nothing Shelby with a top now....

This really sucks, 6 Shelby's, only 1 is driveable and it isn't cold weather friendly.

John, dude that sucks!

Call Brent Aldridge at the Discount Tire in New Braunfels (at 46 and 35). Tell him your a friend of me and Warren. He should be able to find you something close and cut you a good deal. He's an ex-mustang guy.

It will be on the cool side, but I hear cobra's have GREAT heaters hysterical.gif .

If nothing else, bring your daily driver and just hang out - hell, I'll be in the minivan banghead.gif .

Actually, after a week of measuring offsets, backspacing, trying to find matched sets of tires that will work, and having heart failure at the price of custom made wheels ($1300 each fro Foose) I found some BFG T/A KDW NT's in sizes that are reasonably close. I've ordered them, coincidentally from Sean at Discount Tire in New Braunfels, and will just have to wait for their phone call to tell me they're in. I've done a lot of business at that store. I will have to see how the tires fit the wheels and how they work on the car. If they will be OK I have to take a ton of pictures of the wheels & tires, off and on the car, because this is a problem for every Series 1 owner and nobody has found an easy solution.

On a side note, I didn't buy my GT500 from Bluebonnet in New Braunfels, but these guys are phenomenal when it comes to service. I would highly recommend them if you need service on your new Mustang. They call me daily even if it's only to tell me the parts didn't come in yet, they are keeping my car inside, and told me not to worry about removing my Evolution Stage 2 before bringing it in, they didn't care about that. They were every bit as good last year when my top seperated from the rear window and they had to replace the top. the quality of their customer service is first rate.

On the flip side of that coin, the Ford dealer in Seguin refused to work on it because I didn't buy it there.

John, dude that sucks!

Call Brent Aldridge at the Discount Tire in New Braunfels (at 46 and 35). Tell him your a friend of me and Warren. He should be able to find you something close and cut you a good deal. He's an ex-mustang guy.

It will be on the cool side, but I hear cobra's have GREAT heaters hysterical.gif .

If nothing else, bring your daily driver and just hang out - hell, I'll be in the minivan banghead.gif .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all you San Antonio Shelby Owners,

I guess I can now say that I would like to join your ranks. I just purchased a 2009 GT500KR, and would like to meet some fellow owners. Some of you may already know me, as I'm very active in the Mustang hobby. I have a 2005 Mustnag GT, and a 1972 Red Pantera. I attend a a lot of the local cruise events, and car shows. My Mustang club does the big open car show at the Bass Pro Shop each year. I am also one of the planner for the Mustangfest cruise to Port Aransas which started last year. We will again be doing it the first weekend of October in 2010, and it would be great to have a nice group of Shelbys making the run to the coast for that weekend event.

Let me know where you will be meeting in the future; time and location and I will plan on attending.

Tom

SVTCowboy

Welcome Tom!

I would say mostly we might show up to Mustang events as browsers, but we do a LOT of cool stuff as Shelby owners...we are planning a hill country cruise here in the near future, as I am getting dates together for that.

I can say that many of our group is tied up the first and second weekend of October....a few of us are having a get together in West Texas, and then shelby is doing the Granbury event the following weekend. But welcome and come join us when you can!

Hey Tom!

Welcome. Pics of the car please.

We tried the SA Mustang club and got a less than stellar welcome. May have just been an off day for them, I dont know. We do a monthly (or so) San Antonio get together. My brother and I are trying to organize a second Texas get together. Looks like it may be April 3rd.

We have another on here who just sold his GT500 and bought a KR - Captain Beyond.

Check in often. Always something going on. I post on many of the other Mustang forums - all as Sportscars.

Take care,

Sean

Hey Tom!

Welcome. Pics of the car please.

We tried the SA Mustang club and got a less than stellar welcome. May have just been an off day for them, I dont know. We do a monthly (or so) San Antonio get together. My brother and I are trying to organize a second Texas get together. Looks like it may be April 3rd.

We have another on here who just sold his GT500 and bought a KR - Captain Beyond.

Check in often. Always something going on. I post on many of the other Mustang forums - all as Sportscars.

Take care,

Sean

Been a busy week for me as for meeting new Shelby owners:

Met Mark at home depot over the weekend. He has a black GT500 vert. Nice guy.

Met a nice gal today who drives the GT-H vert I have seen a hundred times. She told me she has ordered her dash plaque (w/Carroll's signature I assume).

Gave them both my business cards and told them about TS and the up coming event. Hope they check in.

Thats like 8 over the last year and so far I'm batting .1000 as none have actually shown up! hysterical.gif

Maybe its me headscratch.gif

Archived