TEAM SHELBY FORUM

San Antonio Shelbys

sportscars

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Sherri, too many events going on this spring, and I was trying to put two weeks between each event at the least. You have to admit thats a great problem to have!!happy%20feet.gif We will have MANY more cruises and get togethers, and Im coming to Houston for one of your Tuesday nights VERY soon!

Shameless plug aside, (poke Lori) LOL, I think March 12th will be our date due to it coinciding with what is our normal local Shelby club monthly meeting date. We have a lot going on the months of March and April, and May is completely full for me. (pocono in PA, and an Alaskan cruise right after). There is a HPDE at the Cressen, TX track the same weekend, but we have to do it sometime.

I hope you all can make it. We have a really great route planned this year that should really get your blood pumping, and is going to be beautiful. We will set a rainout date for the 19th if needed. Plan on using the new hotel in Buda for Saturday night, and I will be joining everyone staying over. We will start at the same rally point as last year in Kerrville, saturday morning at 9am, but the route will not be the same as last year. More details to follow this week. I will be running the route this week to establish the timing, fuel and rest stops, and a lunch stop. We will do dinner in Buda or near it.

Hey Warren,

Any more details on Kerrville run, especially which hotel you will be booking, we hope to come down & would like to get plugged in :-)

If I am reading wrong thread then just call me out... :redcard:

Cheers, D&D

No reason to keep it out of any threads my friend!

We are planning on meeting up March 12, 9am at the same stadium parking lot as last year, on Hwy 16, 1 mile west of I-10 on the north side of the road.

As far as hotels for Friday night Kerrville, you guys probably have a better idea which hotel we should try to get. Can I get some feedback from those that stayed there? I will get us a group rate if there was a hotel everyone was happy with! The hotel in Buda I will find out tomorrow the details for that on my way to Dallas. (I am taking the GT350 to the CSCF event super bowl experience if the roads clear up) Holy moly, it is friggin cold today. We dont get this kind of weather but once in a blue moon down this far.

No reason to keep it out of any threads my friend!

We are planning on meeting up March 12, 9am at the same stadium parking lot as last year, on Hwy 16, 1 mile west of I-10 on the north side of the road.

As far as hotels for Friday night Kerrville, you guys probably have a better idea which hotel we should try to get. Can I get some feedback from those that stayed there? I will get us a group rate if there was a hotel everyone was happy with! The hotel in Buda I will find out tomorrow the details for that on my way to Dallas. (I am taking the GT350 to the CSCF event super bowl experience if the roads clear up) Holy moly, it is friggin cold today. We dont get this kind of weather but once in a blue moon down this far.

A few of us stayed at the Hampton Inn across the street from Cabelas last year. It was ok, free breakfast.

Also stayed at the Hampton Inn in Kerrville. It is good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello All,

Is anyone going to the Texas Mile and leaving Saturday morning? I will be going for the day and was wondering if anyone else wanted to set up a little caravan of sorts.

Also, I have never been before, so what is recommended for me to take (ie. a chair, tent, car cover, etc.)? Please let me know.

Thanks

Steve

Hello All,

Is anyone going to the Texas Mile and leaving Saturday morning? I will be going for the day and was wondering if anyone else wanted to set up a little caravan of sorts.

Also, I have never been before, so what is recommended for me to take (ie. a chair, tent, car cover, etc.)? Please let me know.

Thanks

Steve

Steve,

I might be going. I'll let you know.

Warren and I are going, but not sure if we are going together or not as my schedule isnt finalized. I was supposed to go Friday morning and stay until Sunday, but that may not happen.

I know that Lee is going as well as Angelique and Kelly.

• 3 months later...

Granbury has been cancelled. AC Delco is having a convention that weekend.

I can tell you I am still interested in going there. That is my favorite track still, even if it isn't with an official event. I would be happy doing a drivers edge weekend and drive with some other cars.

Archived