TEAM SHELBY FORUM

San Antonio Shelbys

sportscars

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Captain Beyond,

Please dont tell me you went to Northside Ford......

Sean, 23rd is a good day...that is conference championship weekend, but both games will be on the 24th.

Lee,

I will go out there to hang out and watch, but with a Vert I am limited to 130 MPH....hell I'll do that on the way down there.... :hysterical:

You can get one run at whatever speed you want. Then of coarse they will tell you to hit the road! They were really nice when they kicked me out last year!

Although the honus(sp?) shouldn't be on us to tell ford what oil they should be putting in our cars, I always just book an appt for a saturday morning about a week in advance and specify 5w50 on the oil change so that they have time to go some if needed. I spoke with Jerry Strain at Jordan just this past saturday and he's given notice to the lube rack and shop managers about paying attention to the high performance vehicles coming in. He's a good guy, trust me and if you guys ever have an issue or need anything he's the guy to contact, his bosses are the owners, he not just some manager there. He used to run the SVTOA and is a big mustang guy.

Sean, Warren, Rick, hows shelby bash going???

Although the honus(sp?) shouldn't be on us to tell ford what oil they should be putting in our cars, I always just book an appt for a saturday morning about a week in advance and specify 5w50 on the oil change so that they have time to go some if needed. I spoke with Jerry Strain at Jordan just this past saturday and he's given notice to the lube rack and shop managers about paying attention to the high performance vehicles coming in. He's a good guy, trust me and if you guys ever have an issue or need anything he's the guy to contact, his bosses are the owners, he not just some manager there. He used to run the SVTOA and is a big mustang guy.

Sean, Warren, Rick, hows shelby bash going???

BASH is awesome! I drove five different cars today. Coulda driven more if I had more time. poker run tomorrow, then back to the track. I have pics posted on Facebook.

also i dont know who is interested or not but on Jan 21 from 6-9 Danica Patrick will be signing autographs at sunset station.

Doesn't she play foot ball??

Cause if it was Hockey I would know.

Anyhoo, did anyone nail down the date for the next Eat and Greet????

Jeff

I think the date is the 23rd?? for the meetup

Whose going to the texas mile?? I want to go but im not gonna race this year, i dont think i have a proper setup to race my car safely down there, its pretty much stock.

Sal,

You dont need to do much to go fast in a straight line. Your car will be fine if you want to race it. The stock engine is perfect for the stock suspension. In a standing mile you wont even hit the rev limiter with a stocker.

Warren and I will be there to watch, probably on Saturday.

The next meet and greet will be Saturday the 23rd. Looking at mid-afternoon ish. Say 3 or 4 pm.

We could do Bikinis in San Marcos, or Hooters in Selma.

Chime in folks. Majority rules.

BTW - Saw an orange SGT yesterday at Bulverde and Evans (turned into Fossil Ridge) and I saw a black SGT today with a 40-ish blonde. Caught her at a light. Told her about the meeting and TS. Custom plates said "Roxey"

Whose going to the texas mile?? I want to go but im not gonna race this year, i dont think i have a proper setup to race my car safely down there, its pretty much stock.

I am running.

Maybe this fall I'll do the Texas Mile, but this spring I have 3 open road races (135mph, 140mph &145mph).

Looks like Jeff and I will be there, then. Ya'll can finally meet Reaper, my Cobra R clone. :dance:

San Marcos is closer for us but we don't mind driving. Haven't been to either place so can't chime in on food/drink so it looks like ya'll get to still pick the place.

Looks like Jeff and I will be there, then. Ya'll can finally meet Reaper, my Cobra R clone. :dance:

San Marcos is closer for us but we don't mind driving. Haven't been to either place so can't chime in on food/drink so it looks like ya'll get to still pick the place.

And Stoned Girl chimes in! Oops. That's Stang Girl. My bad.

hmm, how about doing it at houlihans again? Would that be too far for Lori and Jeff? We have a birthday party we have to go to at 6 and I wont have my car anyway...still apart...but I do have plenty of GT350 stuff to share...

Yeah, El Nino is not Shelby friendly....on the other hand, we mostly know each other and can just meet up and get all the juicy details on the new Shelby by just driving our daily cars or trucks....it doesnt have to be a carshow. Would be nice though...

Well, we can do Houlihans if thats what everyone wants, but I'm not real fond of it.

There is a place off of Bulverde and Evans called the Tap Exchange. That have good food, a ton of beers on tap and a patio, plus lots of parking. Just a thought. It would be about 10 miles further for the Austin crowd.

WWW.THETAPEXCHANGE.COM

I'll do whatever you guys want.

Well, weather outlook is good...looks like a band of rain will come through early clearing by sun up, with temp around mid 70s....

Im bringing my wife, so I would prefer NOT Bikinis or Hooters as I am already in it up to my ears with all of my jet setting to Shelby events lately, and a 9 1/2 month pregnant woman doesnt like to be around skinny girls in tight skimpy clothing...

I hate to burden YOU all with that, and if that is where you want to go, thats okay, Ill just pass on this one and come to the next one....but Im still getting her on board for the GT350, and that wouldnt help.

Lee, Sal, John, Jeff, Lori, Rick.....who all is coming?

Well, weather outlook is good...looks like a band of rain will come through early clearing by sun up, with temp around mid 70s....

Im bringing my wife, so I would prefer NOT Bikinis or Hooters as I am already in it up to my ears with all of my jet setting to Shelby events lately, and a 9 1/2 month pregnant woman doesnt like to be around skinny girls in tight skimpy clothing...

I hate to burden YOU all with that, and if that is where you want to go, thats okay, Ill just pass on this one and come to the next one....but Im still getting her on board for the GT350, and that wouldnt help.

Lee, Sal, John, Jeff, Lori, Rick.....who all is coming?

Sorry guys I can not make this one. The wife has this Saturday afternoon booked already.

I'm not attending. I haven't spent a weekend with my wife and kids in a month now. I need family time.

Archived