TEAM SHELBY FORUM

30 mph over speed limit

brian70068

Today I got a speeding ticket going to work I was late the cop got me at 97 in the 60 at 6:40am in Louisiana.

This is the last day before I trade in my 2008 mustang gt for a gt500 right now I don’t know what will happen in court. Has any body had a ticket at that speed if so what happened in court? the last day i have my car i get a ticket :doh:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today I got a speeding ticket going to work I was late the cop got me at 97 in the 60 at 6:40am in Louisiana.

This is the last day before I trade in my 2008 mustang gt for a gt500 right now I don’t know what will happen in court. Has any body had a ticket at that speed if so what happened in court?

Have u had any tickets in the past several years?

Umm you're screwed. 2 tickets over 25+, you might want to get a traffic attorney. Also might want to recheck that insurance quote on the 500 before you purchase it. Your new additions to your driving record will substantially increase your premium. Don't worry, I've been there myself. I had my licence suspended when I was 17 for too many tickets. You've got to slow down a little.

Umm you're screwed. 2 tickets over 25+, you might want to get a traffic attorney. Also might want to recheck that insurance quote on the 500 before you purchase it. Your new additions to your driving record will substantially increase your premium. Don't worry, I've been there myself. I had my licence suspended when I was 17 for too many tickets. You've got to slow down a little.
the cop put the ticket at under 25mph

im 20 years old i have had 3 tickets 1 fixed been driving for 2 years

yep, your screwed, your insurance prolly wont go up, it will prolly get cancelled. I speak from experience.

You might also want to SLOW THE F*** DOWN. We all drive fast, but that many tickets means you aren't paying attention and you're going to kill someone.

+1

Chris

You might also want to SLOW THE F*** DOWN. We all drive fast, but that many tickets means you aren't paying attention and you're going to kill someone.

You sound like a wife - :cry: He WILL get the message when he goes to court. :cry: damn it's hard to drive slow

if the cruise isn't used. I have to use mine all the time and get a lot of thumbs up when I get passed

and it sure makes mywifey happy and incourages going to the track when there a need for speed :happy feet:

Hire an attorney, have him pay the darn thing and ask for deferred adjudication...that'll keep if off of your record if you don't get another ticket within like 6 months...

I did that with one I got for 120 in a 55 as I was on my way to my mother's death bed on my bike late at night on I-20 near Eastland, TX. Two lonely troopers and me on the road and that was it...If I had only had a full tank of gas on my bike that night I would have out run them...bike was capable of over 180MPH easily...

Hmm, the first thing that came to my mind was maybe you shouldnt get a 500... :headscratch::hysterical:

Its like a trigger happy shooter buying an automatic rifle with unlimited ammo....

You need to keep your eyes on the horizon and keep a better eye out for cops, always be watching as far as you can ahead on the road, not the back end of the car in front of you...or text messaging, would be my first advice....second, the best radar detector you can get...it will pay for itself....third, keep in mind that cops are going to pull you over in a GT500 left and right....just because you are young...

These cars have responsibility attached since they are unbridled power...you need to be able to show good judgement when you get pissed at other drivers or just get the itchy foot to throw down.....

But good luck...seems like you already are if you can get a 500 at 20yrs old!

Thanks everyone for answering my questions I guess this happened for a reason maybe im not ready for a GT500 yet. I was going two put down a big down payment on the car but now I am going to use some of the money for a attorney. if someone is looking for a GT500 in Louisiana there’s a blue one at Lamarque Ford 3101 Williams Blvd. Kenner, LA 70065 (504) 443-2500

ask for Harry Hogan

Price: $36,650

Mileage: 4,531

Year: 2008

Make: Ford

Model: Mustang

Trim: Shelby GT500

Body Description: 2 Door Coupe

Exterior: Blue

Interior: Black

Transmission: Manual

Stock #: P6077A

VIN: 1ZVHT88SX85185054

http://autos.nola.com/detail/323927203/use...tang_2008/photo

I am not the first person to speed on this forum and im not the last don’t get mad at me for driving a fast car fast I have seen maybe 5 or 6 GT500 on the road and almost all of them where were speeding im not making excuses I was speeding and I broke the law and now I have to pay for it jamesb the next time someone put up a youtube video showing what there car can do on the street tell them to SLOW THE F*** DOWN

I did that with one I got for 120 in a 55 as I was on my way to my mother's death bed on my bike late at night on I-20 near Eastland, TX. Two lonely troopers and me on the road and that was it...If I had only had a full tank of gas on my bike that night I would have out run them...bike was capable of over 180MPH easily...

First, Brian....you're probaby lucky you're in LA...at 30mph over a 65 limit here in rural Texas the trooper has the option of taking you in right then and there and you wait for the judge, and I've seen it done.

and Motorjock, I can only say you might can out run a trooper, but you'll never outrun their radio

Second, I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope you got to see her.

my last ticket was about 17 years ago in BFE New Mexico...between Ft. Sumner and Roswell at 3 am...actually the Sheriff had been at the same party I was (a rehersal dinner for my brother), he left earlier and I came over a hill doing 133 and by the time I even saw there was another car, much less what it was, it was too late...he had his family in the car and kids asleep in the back, and told me that was the only reason I wasn't going to jail that night. It made the Ft. Sumner paper and my brother's new in-laws furious...and just to think, I was only in my old McLaren Mustang at the time...I can't think of it, had I had a GT500... :censored:

A year later I was up visiting and met my bro there; we ran up to the store to get some things for dinner to cook for everyone and when I came out of the store, the High Sheriff litterally had one boot on my bumper, leaned over with a piece of hay in his mouth, cowboy hat tilted back grinning, he stood up and straightened his belt and said, hawwww EWE dooooin....I smiled and said very good, good to see you again. As I walked past him to get in my car, he stopped me and asked how long I'd be in town, I smiled and said a few days, he quit smiling and said that I may want to cut it short some and head on back to Texas. Seeing it was starting to get serious, my older brother came around the car and shook his hand and said perhaps we haven't been properly introduced, and he gave the sheriff his name, and said, I just married the man that put you in office, and now I'm his son in law, not only his son in law, but the CPA that is handling all of his financial holdings, I'm sure there must be a small mistake here, my little brother meant no harm back then, heck, he didn't even fight the ticket, paid it and went on, I would suggest that you might ease up a little bit on my little brother, cuz I know my new daddy in law is not going to like it when he hears the person that makes his favorite gumbo and margaritas has to leave because the sheriff ran him out of town like that.

The Boss Hogg, Buford T. Justice POS....

Not to pile on Brian, Im 24. been driving a shelby for 2 years now, so I know we tend to get in a rush when we head out places. but in a shelby you cant. The biggest thing i've learned since having my 500 is that you pretty much have a target on your back. I get cops pacing me quite often waiting for me to go 1mph over, or maybe they are just checking the car out? :) We cant afford to get the tickets because I know my insurance is already pretty expensive and I have a clean record with safe driver discounts and such. I drive my car everyday and like dubbs says, invest in the radar detector, it will save you. And although you may not be able to get the 500 now cuz of the inevitable insurance costs your gonna get, im sure you'll get one soon enough. Patience pays, be safe.

Sal

My rule of thumb is drive the speed limit so more people can see it.

There's a lot of responsibility driving these cars with all this power, JMO.

Drive carefully......I know I sound like my dad. :doh:

Brian all you have to do is go distict DA in the parish and pay court cost will keep off record have 5 buissiness days to keep off record. I got 125 in 55 and pay 240 court cost only. Did not get no volations. This is Louisiana and District DA will help you out.I have 5 ticket this year and nothing on MVR.

Brian all you have to do is go distict DA in the parish and pay court cost will keep off record have 5 buissiness days to keep off record. I got 125 in 55 and pay 240 court cost only. Did not get no volations. This is Louisiana and District DA will help you out.I have 5 ticket this year and nothing on MVR.

:headscratch:

Holy :censored: I guess its a good thing you live in LA. You would be luckly to keep your license or your car here. Maybe try slowing down? Just an idea...

third, keep in mind that cops are going to pull you over in a GT500 left and right....just because you are young...

I'm 42 years old, and got pulled over doing 60 in a 55 with my wife and 8 year old daughter in the car. I had the cruise set, and passed a state trooper parked on the side of the road.

I didn't get pulled over for speeding. He claimed that he pulled me over because he couldn't see the temporary tag in the lower corner of the rear window because of the spoiler. The temporary tag was located exactly where they are required to be in this state.

He apologized for pulling me over and told me I wasn't going to get a ticket.

It was interesting to observe the 2 troopers checking out the car and commenting on it as they approached.

GT500's are noticed by EVERYONE out there on the roads. I get regular thumbs-up from motorcyclists. All cops heads snap quickly to my car as I pass. Of course, the Torch Red with White Stripes screams "LOOK AT ME", but most any GT500 commands attention.

If you have a speeding problem, you may want to seriously consider waiting to buy a car with 500hp right out of the factory. That's one of the reasons I waited so long to get a car like this. I probably would have lost my license owning something like this when I was in my 20's.

I am not the first person to speed on this forum and im not the last don’t get mad at me for driving a fast car fast I have seen maybe 5 or 6 GT500 on the road and almost all of them where were speeding im not making excuses I was speeding and I broke the law and now I have to pay for it jamesb the next time someone put up a youtube video showing what there car can do on the street tell them to SLOW THE F*** DOWN

And yet, you don't usually see them getting a ticket. Why is that? Because there aren't any cops. Not only are there no cops, but they've checked that there are no cops. Or children. Or dangerous intersections. There was a great video on here of a black GT500 doing an 1/8 run. Deserted street. Great visibility on both sides. Not much chance of a ticket. Not any chance of a child/deer running out into street.

Its not about not driving fast, brian. Its about not driving unaware. You have to make a conscious choice about your speed and you have to be able to look a cop/judge in the eye and tell him that you were driving safely and appropriately for the conditions of the road. There's still a chance you can get a ticket, but thats a choice you made, rather than an impulse.

DO NOT buy a GT500. BUY A RADAR DETECTOR : ) Seriously. They pay for themselves the first time it goes off. Don't be a cheepa$$ either. Get a V1 or Passport 9500 or Bell STI. I have the V1 and it has paid for itself probably 20 times over.

Do you ever sniff glue?

i don't speed all the time i was running late that morning some of you are blowing this out of proportion.i was in the right lane going 70 and there was two cars in front of me doing like 65

so i got in the left lane and put it in 3rd gear there is a broken down car that has been on the side of the road for like 3 weeks the police officer was outside of his car right behind it he said he got me at 97 in the 60 wit a laser i did not know i was going that fast this happened in maybe 10-15 seconds this is in past now. i still got the car and i love it going to miss my GT. the only thing i can do now is slow down and don't rush when im late it sucks now because i can not get any more speeding tickets because im so young i know my insurance will be $400-$500 dollars month now maybe more :banghead:

i don't speed all the time i was running late that morning some of you are blowing this out of proportion.i was in the right lane going 70 and there was two cars in front of me doing like 65

There are two kinds of speeders - those who get caught and those who do not.

As mentioned before shoot for deferred adjudication, be good for however long the court says and it will disappear. You will still have to pay the money but then that is what it's all about. I've played the game many times although not for 30 over..

Hire an attorney, have him pay the darn thing and ask for deferred adjudication...that'll keep if off of your record if you don't get another ticket within like 6 months...

Wouldn't have mattered. You can't go faster than the speed of light, and Mr. Motorola goes that fast. :)

Archived