TEAM SHELBY FORUM

No Go for me on the 40th Pkg.

Grabber

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't forget to add in about 1200 bucks for Tax, and some more doe to ship all your parts home for your long term storage set up. Would you be having the work done site un-seen or would you fly over to check the work after it is done ? My point is, add some more doe for some plane trips, meals, and a hotel for you and your honey.

Don't you think these upgrades should be done at our local dealers where we purchased our cars from? afterall, our cars should have came with the Anniversary badges at the least. THey are in fact an anniversary year (1967-2007) Shelby car. I think it would be cheaper.

Just my 2 cents. :idea::banghead:

Don't you think these upgrades should be done at our local dealers where we purchased our cars from? afterall, our cars should have came with the Anniversary badges at the least. THey are in fact an anniversary year (1967-2007) Shelby car. I think it would be cheaper.

Just my 2 cents. :idea::banghead:

That would of been too easy and painless.

Are you hung up on the badges ? if so why ?

The Cobra emblem looks so cool. What comes to mind is what Ruff says "less is more". I just don't like the Cobra snake all bling blinged up. Plus it seems very hard to get the add on logos straight from the photos I saw on the front grill.

Tax time!

do i owe or get a return?

raise or no raise at work?

Oh ya.

And then there are the year end bonuses. :hyper:

The Cobra emblem looks so cool. What comes to mind is what Ruff says "less is more". I just don't like the Cobra snake all bling blinged up. Plus it seems very hard to get the add on logos straight from the photos I saw on the front grill.

Oh ya.

or not. Wait the Grinch is gone :banana piano:

Oh ya.

No Grabber, not hung up on the badges at all. As a matter of fact, the only thing I am interested in are the Carroll Shelby floor mats. I was just saying that the car is in fact a 40th Anniversary car. And for those who wanted to show that on their vehicle, should have the right to have it done at their local dealership, as an option. And yes, you're right, the badging on the car looks great, as is. The only thing I do not like is the ride height, again just my 2 cents.

I for one am going through with the purchase of the 40th package. I think its a great thing. I'm not in love with everything envolved but overall I like it. I like the fact that its done at SAI, it wouldn't be right to have a Shelby package installed at any dealer. Everyone with an 07 Shelby has a 40th car, the package is for those that want to go the extra mile and dress it up with the Shelby exclusive 40th package.

When its done if there is something that just does not sit right with me I'll just swap back to what I like better (although I will almost certianly leave it alone). As far as badges not being strait, for the bucks I'll expect top notch work.

I know the costs are high but for me I'll tow with my truck on my trailer, bring my own parts back and stay in a hotel for the duration. That eliminates additional travel rental and shipping costs. And as far as work, I'm a business owner so it wont cost me a dime in lost time, no vacation time to deal with and hopefully my wife can come with me. Then we can knock that Vegas trip off of our "things to do" list.

IMHO

Chris

I for one am going through with the purchase of the 40th package.

Chris,

We all look forward to seeing photos of your car after it is completed. Maybe you will hit the jack pot while your there too. :banana piano:

I'm still on the fence. I'm not that into carbon fiber look, maybe too many logos. I like the suspension and lowering and some of the dress up. The main thing I like is the fact that it is done at Carrol's place. It would make it feel more like a Shelby with mods done at the Shelby "garage". Besides I've been after my wife to visit the "garage" for years. We'd just drive the car down and stay and play while we're there. The cost is a bit steep. I'll keep thinking.

:idea: Wow.

As much as I originally was all over the 40th Anniversary Package, my husband vetoed the cost and modifications. I feel better hearing all the opinions. Thanks!

Still missing a Shelby Vista Blue with White Stripes headed for St. Charles, MO. Please email me if you see it on a transport...........

As much as I originally was all over the 40th Anniversary Package, my husband vetoed the cost and modifications. I feel better hearing all the opinions.

I agree with your Hubby and many here think the exact same way. :rant:

Huh? :huh:

Huh? :huh:

I haven't heard back from either SonofGT or Grabber on an explaination on their Dis of my earlier response so I'm going to have to guess they had some questions about my response. I kept my response short by just throwing out a couple of concerns I had about the 40th package. It was my understanding that this was what Grabber wanted when he started this thread. Since I am unsure of what they didn't like about my post I will make a long explaination.

First- Carbon Fiber dressup- It's a fad. It's kind of cheesy. I am unsure how it will look to us in the future, as most of us will be keeping our cars for many years.

Second- Logos- I've counted 17 additional logos added with this package. Seems like overkill. I guess everybody will know it's a Shelby.

Third- Price- $11,250-$12,499. That's a lot of money. Is it worth it? I'm not sure at this point.

Fourth- Work done at Shelby Facility- This is where I think it might make it worth it. There have been many discussions on this forum about if this car is a Shelby or is it a Cobra with a Shelby badge. Having performance parts placed on this car by Carrol Shelby's company ala pre '68 makes this car a truer Shelby. This along with the fact that it identifies it as a 40th Anniversary Shelby. These things along with the added exclusivity of this package may make it all worthwhile.

I hope this clears up everything and in the future I will try to be more concise, in order to avoid rude comments. :shift:

Having performance parts placed on this car by Carrol Shelby's company ala pre '68 makes this car a truer Shelby.

You think having someone at a garage in Las Vegas install Borla axlebacks makes this car a "truer" Shelby? Because that is the only performance item listed with the 40th package. I can install them myself for around $500.

You think having someone at a garage in Las Vegas install Borla axlebacks makes this car a "truer" Shelby? Because that is the only performance item listed with the 40th package. I can install them myself for around $500.

Not to be picky, and for the record I'm still "out", but they do add functional front and read brake ducts and the lowered suspension. Performance isn't relegated to just the drivetrain. :shift:

I wonder how difficult the brake ducts are to install.

Not to be picky, and for the record I'm still "out", but they do add functional front and read brake ducts and the lowered suspension. Performance isn't relegated to just the drivetrain. :shift:

I wonder how difficult the brake ducts are to install.

Greetings Commander Orf. If you go to the Shelby website, they list the brake ducts as exterior mods., the suspension as handling mods and the Borlas as the only perfomance mod. Who am I to question an icon?

I haven't heard back from either SonofGT or Grabber on an explaination on their Dis of my earlier response so I'm going to have to guess they had some questions about my response. I kept my response short by just throwing out a couple of concerns I had about the 40th package. It was my understanding that this was what Grabber wanted when he started this thread. Since I am unsure of what they didn't like about my post I will make a long explaination.

First- Carbon Fiber dressup- It's a fad. It's kind of cheesy. I am unsure how it will look to us in the future, as most of us will be keeping our cars for many years.

Second- Logos- I've counted 17 additional logos added with this package. Seems like overkill. I guess everybody will know it's a Shelby.

Third- Price- $11,250-$12,499. That's a lot of money. Is it worth it? I'm not sure at this point.

Fourth- Work done at Shelby Facility- This is where I think it might make it worth it. There have been many discussions on this forum about if this car is a Shelby or is it a Cobra with a Shelby badge. Having performance parts placed on this car by Carrol Shelby's company ala pre '68 makes this car a truer Shelby. This along with the fact that it identifies it as a 40th Anniversary Shelby. These things along with the added exclusivity of this package may make it all worthwhile.

I hope this clears up everything and in the future I will try to be more concise, in order to avoid rude comments. :shift:

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner on my reasoning. Most of it is stated in post #1 but I also agree with your issues on the front splitter and logomania concern. It is too much cash. I am hand picking a few of the items and ordering them when they become available. I did not mean to come off rude.

Grabber / Rob

Greetings Commander Orf. If you go to the Shelby website, they list the brake ducts as exterior mods., the suspension as handling mods and the Borlas as the only perfomance mod. Who am I to question an icon?

I hear you. Performance is in the eye (or the butt) of the beholder. Not questioning, mind you, just respectfully disagreeing.

Sorry Super, very sorry. The "wow" was more of an inside thing between Grabber and Myself. My "WOW" was in response to his change of feelings about the package, which really surprised me, that's all. I can assure you that my "wow" and Grabber's response back to it had nothing to do with your thoughts or comments about the topic WHAT SO EVER.

Without getting into the meat of the previous discussion that Grabber and I had about this topic, in general I had expressed my feelings about this package and how it was being marketed rather bluntly in what could be interpeted as a rant email, and I apparantly offended Grabber and others here with my comments to the point where the moderator completely deleted the thread. I did not go after any one person and I still don't believe that I said anything offensive, but I certainly did call out the origin of this package as being more from a marketing aspect vs. engineering a hotter performing car. Grabber and some others here were concerned that my comments would offend Amy Boylan and I took a small amount of heat over it. The bottom line is that I am now seeing many of you come to the same conclusion about this package that I ranted about and got censored for. So to that I say Wow.

Respect.

Yeah, I know what you mean, in fact I've already installed the Borlas myself. I've been trying real hard to justify the cost and I just thought that 20 years down the road maybe the 40th package may differentiate the car, but I'm not convinced.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner on my reasoning. Most of it is stated in post #1 but I also agree with your issues on the front splitter and logomania concern. It is too much cash. I am hand picking a few of the items and ordering them when they become available. I did not mean to come off rude.

Grabber / Rob

Thanks for getting back to me. I think your approach probably makes the most sense if you're looking for changes to make to the car and not really looking to distinguish your car. Since I'm only a couple hours south of you I'm hoping to get an invite to your summer get together. Your place looks perfect for this. Thanks again.

Sorry Super, very sorry. The "wow" was more of an inside thing between Grabber and Myself. My "WOW" was in response to his change of feelings about the package, which really surprised me, that's all. I can assure you that my "wow" and Grabber's response back to it had nothing to do with your thoughts or comments about the topic WHAT SO EVER.

Without getting into the meat of the previous discussion that Grabber and I had about this topic, in general I had expressed my feelings about this package and how it was being marketed rather bluntly in what could be interpeted as a rant email, and I apparantly offended Grabber and others here with my comments to the point where the moderator completely deleted the thread. I did not go after any one person and I still don't believe that I said anything offensive, but I certainly did call out the origin of this package as being more from a marketing aspect vs. engineering a hotter performing car. Grabber and some others here were concerned that my comments would offend Amy Boylan and I took a small amount of heat over it. The bottom line is that I am now seeing many of you come to the same conclusion about this package that I ranted about and got censored for. So to that I say Wow.

Respect.

Sorry about the misinterpretation. Thats why I love this site. The format leaves you open to that, but then we explain ourselves and everythings great. I wish I could of read your original post. Thanks for the response and enjoy. :beerchug:

Archived