TEAM SHELBY FORUM

No Go for me on the 40th Pkg.

Grabber

After lots of thought I have decided to not do the 40th Pkg. on my inbound GT500. This is why:

1. The shipping nightmare and stress with it is too much, including cost.

2. I like the factory tires and rims, and the Pkg with optional tires and rims is now manditory, thus the cost of the Pkg is higher.

3. I do not care for the car being lowered. I like the factory hieght and comfort is a issue with me. A lowered vehicle will ride stiffer.

4. I do not care for the center gage cluster, Carbon fiber mirror covers & splitter.

5. I do not care for the 40th add on plaques next to the Cobras. Looks 80's to me IMO.

6. Shipping all my old parts back and storing them in my shop would be a hassle and cost.

7. The $11,400 that I do not spend on this Pkg will help me get many other things for my car.

I do plan on buying many of the items seperately, including the cool signed dash plate with my vin# on it. :happy feet:

Has anyone else changed their mind ? :headscratch:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After lots of thought I have decided to not do the 4oth Pkg. on my inbound GT500. This is why:

2. I like the factory tires and rims, and the Pkg with optional tires and rims is now manditory, thus the cost of the Pkg is higher.

3. I do not care for the car being lowered. I like the factory hieght and comfort is a issue with me. A lowered vehicle will ride stiffer.

4. I do not care for the center gage cluster.

5. I do not care for the 40th add on plaques next to the Cobras. Looks 80's to me IMO.

6. Shipping all my old parts back and storing them in my shop would be a hassle and cost.

7. The $11,400 that I do not spend on this Pkg will help me get many other things for my car.

I do plan on buying many of the items seperately, including the cool signed dash plate with my vin# on it. :happy feet:

Darn!!! I was looking forward to taking pictures of both of our GO's together at the dealership (or in my garage!!) :banana piano:

Darn!!! I was looking forward to taking pictures of both of our GO's together at the dealership (or in my garage!!) :banana piano:

After thinking about the drop ship option, not being able to recieve my car the day it arrives, the plane trips, and I would still have to get it to and from SAI and then 1200 miles home, not to mention trying to get all the parts shipped back home...It was not so easy after all.

That is only item 1 of my "don't like" list.

I am excited to order the things that I want, and also do a few things to Tanabanana's GT/CS. :happy feet:

After thinking about the drop ship option, not being able to recieve my car the day it arrives, the plane trips, and I would still have to get it to and from SAI and then 1200 miles home, not to mention trying to get all the parts shipped back home...It was not so easy after all.

I am excited to order the things that I want, and also do a few things to Tanabana's GT/CS. :happy feet:

All good reasons. IMO I think you made a good choice. When it gets here all you'll want to do is sit in it and drive! Ask me how I know.

I am excited to order the things that I want, and also do a few things to Tanabana's GT/CS. :happy feet:

Right on. Ultimately youve got to be happy with the results. I was going to change the wheels out right away and now the more I look at them the more I like them and probably will keep them on for a while.

After lots of thought I have decided to not do the 40th Pkg. on my inbound GT500. This is why:

I think you've laid it out well. I'm still on the fence...I feel the same way...I like the wheels and all of the original gear. I'm having a problem having just spent quite a bit of money on this car and then immediately replacing all of these new parts...that part does not make sense. The one plus I see is the suspension upgrade, if it helps with the wheel hop. I like the fact of having CSM do the work and all of that experience, but it would have been nice to have had these options prior to purchasing the car so we're not replacing all these new expensive parts...I almost feel guilty of wasting money. But with that being said I will wait to see what the finances look like during the first quarter of next year and go from there. And like you I will either do it or just add specific pieces.

Not to beat a dead horse (and this one is certainly alive!), but one solution would be to get some kind of a credit for all of the new parts that would be replaced.....

Not to beat a dead horse (and this one is certainly alive!), but one solution would be to get some kind of a credit for all of the new parts that would be replaced.....

I read that the price includes this - you actually get the "old" parts back. They don't keep or trash them. Price is for the entire package - new parts & labor to take off old parts and install new parts.

I read that the price includes this - you actually get the "old" parts back. They don't keep or trash them. Price is for the entire package - new parts & labor to take off old parts and install new parts.

I understand...it just seems a shame to have to replace all of these new parts which were part of the reason I purchased the car. I can't really store duplicate parts nor do I need them. I do understand that the upgrades would be much better.It just seems a shame with the timing of this. It's like buying things twice. The perfect scenario would have been the dealer stating "here's the Shelby GT-500 for this price" you also have the option of sending it to CSE for the 40th upgrade and we'll give you a credit for the duplication of new parts...because this is what we are talking about...I still may be crazy enough to do it though...

I'm also thinking of just waiting to see what rolls out down the line. I could just see myself doing this upgrade and then they announce something bigger and better. Part of the reason I got rid of my boat was because it became a money sink...I know this is different but when will it stop. So maybe at this point I will use patience to see where we really end up with upgrades etc.

That option is impossible...so that horse is dead. :rip:

Rob

Good reasoning for not to go with the 40th package, you can buy quite a few goodies for this car with the 12K + whatever your shipping costs are.

Hey - Thats a cool avitar and its not that pukey orange color. Nice choice :hysterical2: :beerchug:

It is very cool,

Thanks for letting me use it bud.

Your car rocks. :hyper:

You are correct.

Haul home the tires and rims and exhaust system, and suspension system, and all the misc. stuff or have it all Fed-Ex shipped to your house. Then what do you do with it ? Store it ? or $ell it ?

The one plus I see is the suspension upgrade, if it helps with the wheel hop.

If that is an issue for you, You can have a mod installed for 3-5 hundred bucksand then your good.

It's a neat idea. For myself, too costly.

After Shipping it there and home, Shipping parts back, flying to and from Vegas, accomodation and meals for a week to watch the transformation, losing at the Tables, etc,... it'll probably end up costing close to $20K Canadian.

I will bet my last $$ that there will not be 1000 sold. It will be a rarity. I'd say around 400 tops. SA is going to be a pretty busy place next year, with Shelby 40th anniversary fittings, Shelby GT fittings and their regular business. I wonder what priority the 40th package will get and what production delays there'll be?

Rob,

Please elaborate on reason number 3 concerning the stiffer ride and what will cause this.

Thanks

Chris

By the way, I'm still on for the package.

Rob,

Please elaborate on reason number 3 concerning the stiffer ride and what will cause this.

Thanks

Chris

By the way, I'm still on for the package.

The GT500 suspension is set up for all around everyday driving. It is a comfortable ride to take a long trip in. One of the reasons that people like to lower the cars is the "look" which I do not care for. The other reason it to improve how the car handles in a high performance situation. The suspension that SAI is putting on will lower the car and make it perform better in high speed turns. To do this the suspension gets stiffer, which in turn takes away from some of the comfort that the stock suspension provides.

I do not need the high performance suspension and do not care for the lowered look. To each there own.

That option is impossible...so that horse is dead. :rip:

It is very cool,

Thanks for letting me use it bud.

Your car rocks. :hyper:

You are correct.

Haul home the tires and rims and exhaust system, and suspension system, and all the misc. stuff or have it all Fed-Ex shipped to your house. Then what do you do with it ? Store it ? or $ell it ?

If that is an issue or you, You can have a mod installed for 3-5 hundred bucksand then your good.

Good point...thanks Rob!

Hi Grabber,

My thoughts are pretty much the same as yours.

My cost (convertible) is $12,499. (for what their offering I think its a little pricy)

I've already added:

Roll bar / light bar

FRPP exhaust

Sequential tail lights

Shelby autographed center dash panel.

SHELBY deck lid lettering (centered)

My car is fast enough and it handles just fine.

I don't want stripes

I don't like the carbon fiber mirror covers,

I do like the snake door handles and the aesthetic engine kit.

I also like the tires and wheels, but I will wait on those until I need new tires.

I plan on buying some of Shelby's items separately, maybe even the tires and wheels.

The cost for all my mods should be around 5K.

Alan

I do like some of the upgrades, but not all of them. As this is an all-or-nothing package, I'll likely choose nothing.

Well, that isn't entirely true. I will be buying some of the items from them and put them on myself.

The signed Dash plate with vin# is on my list for sure.

dash plate for me also, buy I will still wait until March before I get off the fence... I still have an issue with the cost of shipping on top of the $11,250, if it was $7,500+ shipping it would be a done deal

Don't forget to add in about 1200 bucks for Tax, and some more doe to ship all your parts home for your long term storage set up. Would you be having the work done site un-seen or would you fly over to check the work after it is done ? My point is, add some more doe for some plane trips, meals, and a hotel for you and your honey.

Don't forget to add in about 1200 bucks for Tax, and some more doe to ship all your parts home for your long term storage set up. Would you be having the work done site un-seen or would you fly over to check the work after it is done ? My point is, add some more doe for some plane trips, meals, and a hotel for you and your honey.

FREQ. FLYER MILES WILL COVER THE PLANE, BUT NOTHING ELSE :banghead:

Archived