TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is it real or stolen?

mystang68/05

Well his house number or who ever posted the car on photobucket is 5809

I would be surprised if that actual house or car house is anything to do with the scammer - I think that he might have downloaded the pictures from somewhere else. I'm 95% sure that I've seen the same suite of pictures before on this forum in a link to an sale a few of months back (July?) when the first cars started arriving and appearing for sale on ebay.

The cheek of some people is unbelievable!

Megs.

I Check out the photos from that link he provided and the first thing I thought was....that car looks very very familiar, seeing that black on black is the color combos I would love to have.... any pictures I come across I usually click and save,,,,,,and I went back and checked my picture files ....those exact pictures I got from eBay on August 1 of this year so I'm not sure what exactly that means but.... it's the exact same car. Just a little helpful info LOL

Yep, that means he grabbed the pics from e-bay. If you still have a link to the auction, I'll bet the text is verbatium too.

He just sent me another e-mail saying he can send my e-mail address to e-bay so they can explain the process. I told him to go ahead.

Bet'cha it's a e-bay mirror site but it won't have the httpS (secure) in it. Then it'll ask me to sign in using my user ID and password.

Phishing.......

We'll see. The address I've been using for him is one that's going to be deleted soon so I'm not too worried about it.

More to come,

Phill Pollard

Yep, that means he grabbed the pics from e-bay. If you still have a link to the auction, I'll bet the text is verbatium too.

He just sent me another e-mail saying he can send my e-mail address to e-bay so they can explain the process. I told him to go ahead.

Bet'cha it's a e-bay mirror site but it won't have the httpS (secure) in it. Then it'll ask me to sign in using my user ID and password.

Phishing.......

We'll see. The address I've been using for him is one that's going to be deleted soon so I'm not too worried about it.

More to come,

Phill Pollard

Nail this sucker.... :happy feet: ...what a great work!

Archived