TEAM SHELBY FORUM

*How to fight the Holiday Blues*

When 2010 arrives I'm going and need to make some positive changes in my life.... :happy feet: I do have one huge event to look forward to my only Son.... :kiss: will be graduating High School in June as an Automotive Technician.... :banvictory: and then he will be turning 18 years old in August hard to believe..... :cry: but first I need to get there in one piece..... :petting: This time of year is very tough for me to deal with my Little Sister's passing around Thanksgiving (1 year ago this coming November 20th) and my Mother's passing around Christmas 11 years ago, I miss them both very much..... :cry: I'm also dealing with a few of my own issues one of them is I haven't been feeling well for the past few months, including having alot of trouble sleeping, my Doctor has put me on a heart monitor for the next 3 weeks because of all this stress I've been under, which I hope that's all it is!! I try really hard to think as positive as I can but it is extremely difficult and would very much like to enjoy the holidays again. I do have my Father and he is doing better considering everything he has been through as well and now has to worry about me..... :doh: but I would like some advice or just hear some inspirational and encouraging words to help me get through this rough time of year!!!

I do enjoy the friendships I have with my TS friends..... :grouphug: and just reading some of your silly posts gives me a chuckle every single day..... :hysterical2:

Thanks for listening.... :)

Laurie

Laurie,

You have a void in your soul that needs to be filled with His presense. I know you know who He is. Just get to know Him better and you will be blessed more than you could ever imagine. :)

Start here L and just think of Him while you listen to this song.

Acts 2:28

You have made known to me the paths of life;

you will fill me with joy in your presence

I agree with Rob. Faith really helps me keep going. I can relate to your issues. The holidays are very tough for me as well. Dec 19th is the tenth anniversary of my wife passing when my youngest was born. We were looking forward to a wonderful Christmas with our newborn and tragedy struck instead. Today, I try to focus on the good, especially my kids, my family, and the future. I know my wife is watching me and I know she would not want me to be sad for her. I am sure your mother and sister feel the same way. I hope you can find some joy this holiday season.

It's a hard time of year for a lot of people, me included. You sound like you have it a lot rougher than I do though. Just remember that your mom and your sis would not want you to be depressed because they can't be with you. They were needed elsewhere but you will always have them in your heart. My Dad passed in '96 and I still miss him everyday. It does get easier but it takes time. Remember the good times and stay strong.

I'm sure you have a lot of support here with your TS friends and there will always be someone on here to chat with when you need to.

Laurie,

You have a void in your soul that needs to be filled with His presense. I know you know who He is. Just get to know Him better and you will be blessed more than you could ever imagine. :)

Start here L and just think of Him while you listen to this song.

Acts 2:28

You have made known to me the paths of life;

you will fill me with joy in your presence

Thank You Rob..... :) I just listened to this beautiful song gave me the chills probably a good sign...... :happy feet: And I have been praying every night asking for strength, all this emotional stress has affected me a little physically, I will take a moment and listen to this song everyday..... :)

I agree with Rob. Faith really helps me keep going. I can relate to your issues. The holidays are very tough for me as well. Dec 19th is the tenth anniversary of my wife passing when my youngest was born. We were looking forward to a wonderful Christmas with our newborn and tragedy struck instead. Today, I try to focus on the good, especially my kids, my family, and the future. I know my wife is watching me and I know she would not want me to be sad for her. I am sure your mother and sister feel the same way. I hope you can find some joy this holiday season.

I'm truly sorry about your wife, My mother was my very first loss to deal with she passed 5 days after Christmas (she had Ovarian Cancer at 48) needless to say the last Christmas was not a very good memory and it's extremely hard to get past that especially around these holidays. And to have my Little Sis pass away a week before Thanksgiving just last year at the young age of 38, it's just so ironic that this happened around the 2 major holidays but I'm doing my best to focus on those good memories as they do make me smile..... :) The 3 of us females used to go shopping, enjoy parties together or just hang out and talk for hours..... :happy feet: You are right I do need to start focusing on myself and the future, I am the type of person that takes care of everyone else's needs first before my own and I will have to turn that around..... :happy feet:

Enjoy your Holiday Season with your kids and God Bless..... :)

Archived