TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Camaro SLP 575

mach 1 1970

What's the deal, these things are turning 11.8 1/4 mile ,supercharged and great handling package ? 500 production #. MSRP $ 57.000 ??? What this all about ? One on ebay for $75000 . Not sure if SLP is beefing up the engine to handle 575 HP . Not a fan of GM anymore but FYI .

What's the deal, these things are turning 11.8 1/4 mile ,supercharged and great handling package ? 500 production #. MSRP $ 57.000 ??? What this all about ? One on ebay for $75000 . Not sure if SLP is beefing up the engine to handle 575 HP . Not a fan of GM anymore but FYI .

I don't understand how these stats can be reconciled with the actual equipment package. Here's a car that weighs as much as a Shelby, yet has 1"-narrower wheels (front and back) than a Super Snake, a half-inch-smaller front tire and a 1.35"-smaller rear tire, puts out 575 HP and still manages decent handling and 3.8s 0-60 times?

How come the Camaro's tires don't turn to smoke when you step on the gas?

The performance times are compared to the 2010 GT500. The 2010 GT500 has a 3.55-1 rear axel ratio.

KR's is 3:73 - 1. Based on this I would expect the KR to very close to the SLP575 in 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times.

The KR is also lighter.

Is the SLP a pre title car or post title car?

The performance times are compared to the 2010 GT500. The 2010 GT500 has a 3.55-1 rear axel ratio.

KR's is 3:73 - 1. Based on this I would expect the KR to very close to the SLP575 in 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times.

The KR is also lighter.

Is the SLP a pre title car or post title car?

both

You can build a car and have it dropped shipped to SLP

Find a car and have it shipped before you buy

take your car you already own and ship it for conversion

full 3/36k warranty in effect thru your dealer.

painted stripes, sway bar option, 6 piston brake option, some nice stuff, just a bit pricey....

both

You can build a car and have it dropped shipped to SLP

Find a car and have it shipped before you buy

take your car you already own and ship it for conversion

full 3/36k warranty in effect thru your dealer.

painted stripes, sway bar option, 6 piston brake option, some nice stuff, just a bit pricey....

How can you say 500 copies @ $57K is pricey compared to a KR @ $80k MSRP ?

Remember, while the KR was a little pricey, it also comes with a better cache' IMHO then the SLP. the Shelby name is legend and an icon.

Remember too that the SLP is really not a Chevrolet production product but more of an after market deal like the SS.

Remember too that the KR was a Ford product being sold directly by the Ford Dealerships with dual window stickers. There apparently was alot of cost incurred in making sure the KR upgrades like the hood for instance was DOT approved. There was alot of testing as I understand that had to go into the development of the hood. Ford had there hands very heavily in the KR as they saw it as a Ford product for which they were responsible. The KR cost had alot to do with the initial cost of developing various aspects of the car. Even at its reduced price of $9,000.00 it is an very expensive piece. It all has to do with the cost matrix vis a vis investment and number of units to be made and sold. Ford even had there hand in the wheels. It was apparently Ford that forced the 18" wheels (which I happen to like as much as the 20s on the car) and even dictated the thickness of the spokes.

The SLP is cool but doesn't "stir the soul" for me like the GT500KR. :drool: But thats me and I am unabashedly a Shelby nut.

coz its a tuner car :)

Yeah but it goes like stink and it sits just right . Don't get me wrong i am true blue all the way. But a little comp. will help us in the end . Tuner is a very grey area , Saleen hated that word and yet without tuners some of the fun would not be there .

Archived