TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Auto Trader GLH

I just bought a Dakota Shelby to add to my other Shelbys and dont know much about them either. However if you do buy the on in Auto trader let me know. I was accidently sent an omni poster when I ordered a Dodge Dakota poster and I will be happy to send it to you since the seller told me to just keep it. Steve

Would have been nice if he would have included a door jam pic to help verify but the bumpers are blacked out, the ground effects are correct, and the motor looks very original. My bet is that's its a real GLH-T The earlier carbed ones were just refered to as GLH. Fun little cars and that one is very well preserved. have someone look under it for you if you are far way from it.

Alan

This one is pretty easy to make sure its legit. First off the only Dodge Omni's to get a turbo motor were the GLH-T cars and the vin number when decoded will show this.

Also the GLH cars received much larger wheels/tires compared to Grandmas grocery getter Omni so the door decal will confirm that. And that vented Omni hood was only used on the GLH-T cars.

As mentioned the "Crab" wheels are incorrect but everything else looks ok. The only downside I see is a premium asking price for a Michigan car. You can see the rusty engine components in the pics which lead me to believe the underside of the car needs to be inspected real close.

Steve

PS- On a second look at the pics the car has been repainted as evidenced by major overspray in the engine compartment. Also the passenger door pic shows a good deal of rust at the lower seam.

Anyone looking at this car should verify the mileage. L bodies do not have that sixth odometer digit. In my opinion car looks rough for 75k miles.

Archived