TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HELP ASAP--so now the screwing begins

exUSAFmike

If i signed a buyers order for 40K which stats 07 shelby GT as equiped..40,000

then some taxes at the bottom...

can they come back and say

"I am going to be totally honest with you. In looking over the deal for your car we found the Shelby GT package was not yet added. As we looked a little further into the car we also noticed the gas guzzler tax was not added. obviously that would make the price of the car a little higher. The number we came up with for both of these (from Ford) is $9000.00. I do NOT expect you to pay all of it. I was hoping that bringing the price up to $43,500.00 would be fair. Please let me know what you think.

As you can understand I am very sorry. We were unaware that this was left off the invoice.

That is why your credit card has not been charged.

Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Nicole"

is that legal? The GT premium + the Shelby package is still less that 40K..only other options added to the car was interior upgrade, and sirius radio.

can they reneg on a signed buyers order signed by me and management for a total price of 40,022.50 delivered????

must add it was all done via fax

it also states it isn't binding unless signed by both seller and buyer.which it is and it says in bolded caps THIS IS A SPECIAL ORDER--IT IS NON-CANCELLABLE

"I am going to be totally honest with you. In looking over the deal for your car we found the Shelby GT package was not yet added. As we looked a little further into the car we also noticed the gas guzzler tax was not added. obviously that would make the price of the car a little higher. The number we came up with for both of these (from Ford) is $9000.00. I do NOT expect you to pay all of it. I was hoping that bringing the price up to $43,500.00 would be fair. Please let me know what you think.

As you can understand I am very sorry. We were unaware that this was left off the invoice.

Sincerely,

Nicole"

is that legal? The GT premium + the Shelby package is still less that 40K..only other options added to the car was interior upgrade, and sirius radio.

can they reneg on a signed buyers order signed by me and management for a total price of 40,022.50 delivered????

it also states it isn't binding unless signed by both seller and buyer.which it is and it says in bolded caps THIS IS A SPECIAL ORDER--IT IS NON-CANCELLABLE

Unfortunately they can from my understanding. It is nice that they are meeting you part way I guess...

The GGT is something the dealership can not help nor forsee so that you probably can't get out of unless the dealership is paying for that. Now the 9K is slightly off as my dealer called and ran through all the numbers and I have checked with other sites and ...relatives that work for Ford. The cost for the Shelby add on parts is $8390 for the parts and GGT.

For a comparison I did not get the sirius but got the NAV system and upgraded interior like you.

Maybe one of the more educated people on the site can give you better information about the dealer options.

well so w/o the gas guzzler tax, then my car adds up to ~ 37,390 MSRP for the Shelby

~29,000 MSRP on the Premium

+8390 for the Shelby package

MSRP quote on the GT premium w/ my options was actually 28,530 total. I dunno if there is an extra charge for the cali emissions?

so I still don't get the 43K+ they are trying to say now..thats absurd..prior to signing anything I asked them what they wanted for their Shelby GT, they said 40K. I said yes.

The car has a vin, I have the Dora also. The est delivery date is Jan 19th. So I'm confused as to how they came up w/ their numbers?

at worst they should add the 1k gas tax on and call it a day.

I am curios of the $40,022.50 price. Did you get the shaker 1000? I ordered a Premium trim with shaker 500, interior upgrade, anti theft, wheel locks and sirius. With the GGT mine comes to $39,110 before sales tax and registration. I don't know about the legality of them changing the price but I would make sure they are not overcharging you on the other things, such as $9000 instead of $8390 (GGT & SAI with shipping). Before you fire back look at the Ford site and have the MSRP for all the options you ordered and remember the $8390. Are they trying to sneak in ADM on you.

Good Luck

Edit: There is no charge for CA emission, all cars meet CA standards

I am curios of the $40,022.50 price. ..... Are they trying to sneak in ADM on you.

Good Luck

Edit: There is no charge for CA emission, all cars meet CA standards

My thoughts, as well. Why don't you just call them and ask? They might have made a simple mathematical mistake, and this could just be sorted out over the phone. Just a thought...

Sounds like my situation. The 40000 was what your dealer thought was 10k over msrp. Ford was letting the dealer order the car with out telling them there was going to be more charges from Shelby. When he found out we agreed to split the extra amount. Ross

umm i did call and left a message, apparently she left her desk after the email. and the 2nd one.

secondly, we made the agreement to buy at 40K on 21st of December..so when exactly did the Shelby pricing come out??? I'm not paying a 10k ADM, only 1 auction I know of went for that much over. as it stands they are getting a ADM anyway.

the only thing i can agree to that is a honest mistake was not including the gas guzzler tax in their buyers order.

[it was well into december before Amy let it be known that there would be additional charges from shelby. My dealer had ford pricing in november that said the car with upfitters package would come in at 30400. We made the deal for 10 over as I felt the car was worth 40k to me. A couple weeks later I found out there would be 6-8k more. I agreed to split the extra cost. I will bet that your dealer thought the msrp with shelby work was 30000 and wanted 10k over=40000

Ross

Sincerely,

Nicole"

They shoud stand by the original order. They will still be making money, even if your sales tax rate is as high as mine-7%. If they won't, use that little google toolbar to conduct a search of Ford dealers in your state and find one that will sell you a Shelby GT at a reasonable price. Time is against you, SO HURRY!

umm i did call and left a message, apparently she left her desk after the email. and the 2nd one.

secondly, we made the agreement to buy at 40K on 21st of December..so when exactly did the Shelby pricing come out??? I'm not paying a 10k ADM, only 1 auction I know of went for that much over. as it stands they are getting a ADM anyway.

the only thing i can agree to that is a honest mistake was not including the gas guzzler tax in their buyers order.

What you are looking for sounds reasonable. Maybe you should try to hook up a back-up deal just in case. If the dealer tries to get funny on you, you can go to the other dealer--or fight tooth & nail for the deal you made plus the GG tax. Doesn't sound like you are being unreasonable to me. But I am a reasonable person. Just a thought for a back-up plan.

"I am going to be totally honest with you. In looking over the deal for your car we found the Shelby GT package was not yet added. As we looked a little further into the car we also noticed the gas guzzler tax was not added.

Am I reading this right? If at $40k ( +TTL if I'm reading correctly) the Shelby package wasn't added, then what exactly were they selling the car for? Sounds like they were selling a Mustang GT for $40k, then adding the Shelby stuff?

I was talking to one of our customers today who is a collector. I asked him where he found the SGT was coming in price wise and he said most dealers were at $2k - $5k over (a few loonies he found were at $15k over) - that would sound like exactly what your dealer is doing. I think her nice little note should've read, "we forgot to charge you the ADM."

Archived