TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm looking for a 2010 GT500 Need advice/help

mustanggt500

Okay it's official. I am locked in for my bonus. I will get paid in February and will be paying cash for a new 2010 no finance needed.

Wife and I have never purchased a new car (I'm 39 so kind of significant) and this makes me a total new car buyer dummy. I'm hoping that the comunity here can help me out and make this an enjoyable experience as it should be.

What I want is a Grabber Blue with White Stripes and all the options. Ford web page MSRPs this from 49,500-50,500. (changes for me like every 3 or so weeks) Through military sales they have quoted me 48,500. (Ford told them last week that they will be getting approximatly 23 more allotments in January) They have a lowest price guarantee that states they will match ANY authorized Ford dealership quote up to 14 days after purchaseing the car from them. I have watched EBAY for the last like 4 months and have seen 2 new Grabber blues sell for 46k (one with electronics package one without go figure)

So, here is the scoop. I'm looking to place an order if anyone has one available. Or wanting to buy one off of a lot if anyone has one. Catch is I can't take delivery until February as I wont be back from my deployment until Jan 25 - Feb 05.

So if there are any dealers out there, or anyone that have dealer buddies that would feel like working with me now or contacting me now to deal with me as soon as it is plausable to do so I would appreciate the contact. This is a sure thing, I'm not going to wishy washy out of it or anything like that. The only catch is not being home until above stated dates. But aside from that I would really like to find someone that can work that date get ahold of me if you are looking for a guaranteed sale for cash, no finance risk, so we can talk numbers and dates.

Nic

lawson029@hotmail.com

Michael is the man--to me id take a bird in hand,and If micheal will hold the car for you, its better than taking a risk on a promised allocation.The 2011 might be avilable around then, but with the crap us early order folks had on the 2010, and the 2011 having an Aluminum block, i think youd be at delivery risk.Plus Im sure there'll be a big bump in price for the new block, The 2010 was 6k more than the 2009.Thanks for your service, and if could afford to, id gladly buy you a car--Micheal is really good, knows the folks at Ford, and no BS

Thanks so much everyone for the replies.

I had concidered the '11 option but my biggest concern is the new model mark up along with the new block mark up. I put myself on a budget so I don't go crazy here because this is a one time only opportunity for me. I didn't even hear about early order problems for '10 folks and immagining it scares me enough to not want to go there!

I finally decided that I didn't like the new Camaro in 09, fell in love with the gt500 at the start of this year. Knew I would not make the 09 order and the '10 finaly won me over. So at some point in the last 8 months of daydreaming and such I have it in heart and mind that I just want a '10. So that is my second reason for not wanting to try and get an '11.

Sent you a PM Michael, look forward to doing a lot of talking I hope.

Nic

I just got ANOTHER allocation, but I also found out something that applies here! This week and next week are the LAST weeks for a GT500 to be sch. So if your going to order a 10 it has to be in by NEXT week!!

So does that mean two more weeks of production and that's it? Or is it that the order has to be within the next two weeks to be scheduled.

FYI : I definitely haven't seen any December build dates. I want to say that the latest was 11/25 I've seen.

So at some point in the last 8 months of daydreaming and such I have it in heart and mind that I just want a '10.

Nic,

The 2010 GT500 is a dream car. I doubt you'll have any regrets, only miles of smiles. Good luck and be safe!

Jim

Thanks so much everyone for the replies.

I had concidered the '11 option but my biggest concern is the new model mark up along with the new block mark up. I put myself on a budget so I don't go crazy here because this is a one time only opportunity for me. I didn't even hear about early order problems for '10 folks and immagining it scares me enough to not want to go there!

I finally decided that I didn't like the new Camaro in 09, fell in love with the gt500 at the start of this year. Knew I would not make the 09 order and the '10 finaly won me over. So at some point in the last 8 months of daydreaming and such I have it in heart and mind that I just want a '10. So that is my second reason for not wanting to try and get an '11.

Sent you a PM Michael, look forward to doing a lot of talking I hope.

Nic

Nic--it really is a great car--Im 64 and have had alot of new cars,includine vettes,and Id have to say this is the best built/fit/finish/power of all the cars--good luck.Love your color choice.Im sure Michael will work with you.If you decide on him, and decdei to drive it home, it should be incredible fun.He can brng it to you as well--bob

I hadn't even gotten to that bridge yet..... How to get it home. My parents would LOVE it if I came to GA to get it. But, I'm not to excited on the idea of driving from GA to Tacoma WA at that time of the year. Going to have to think on this one.

Hmm.....

Nic,

Pick up the Shelby from MM and enjoy it while visiting your folks..... then have it delivered home to Tacoma by covered transport. Worth the minor expense for peace of mind.

Jim

So does that mean two more weeks of production and that's it? Or is it that the order has to be within the next two weeks to be scheduled.

FYI : I definitely haven't seen any December build dates. I want to say that the latest was 11/25 I've seen.

Two weeks to get it sch!

Most of these cars will be built in Dec. AA is off until the second week of Dec. Nothing being produced right now

MM

I would go for the '11, but I understand why you are looking at the '10. Since this is your first car, remember you will have to pay a fair amout in sales tax. It sounds like you will not have funds until next year, but if you buy this year you can write off the sales tax, and ggt (gas guzzler tax). Another thing I'd like to pass along since this is your first new car...don't expect it to be perfect. Even though it's a 50G car keep in mind lots of cars, suvs fall in this price range so don't think that just because you are getting a GT500 that it will be served to you on a silver platter in perfect condition. Lastly, don't let the dealer detail the car. It's a fair amount of work to get it cleaned up when you get it, but it's worth it.

I would go for the '11, but I understand why you are looking at the '10. Since this is your first car, remember you will have to pay a fair amout in sales tax. It sounds like you will not have funds until next year, but if you buy this year you can write off the sales tax, and ggt (gas guzzler tax). Another thing I'd like to pass along since this is your first new car...don't expect it to be perfect. Even though it's a 50G car keep in mind lots of cars, suvs fall in this price range so don't think that just because you are getting a GT500 that it will be served to you on a silver platter in perfect condition. Lastly, don't let the dealer detail the car. It's a fair amount of work to get it cleaned up when you get it, but it's worth it.

I noticed you said that I could write off the sales tax and the GG tax? Is that this year only or something? Or is there something that I'm missing and need to be very aware of? And yes, I have been reading the forums here for the last 8 months paying attention to what everyone is saying. The small flaws and problems. It wont ruin my experience, it will just give me things to play with.

I'm talking with MM through emails now so hopefully we can come to an agreement, it would put a very positive spin on being away from family and friends during the holidays this year while on this deployment.

I would love to fly to my parents house and go over to Perry GA to get the car from MM but it brings up a few issues. I would be very concerned about driving the car 2500 miles on all highways before getting the Clear View bra put on. Would it be in my best interest to have it delivered to a local delership and take delivery and inspection there? How much would it cost to get it from Perry GA to Tacoma Wa by car carrier?

Then, once I do have the car in WA, what is the local dealer going to be obligated to handle? If I do find issues on my new car will they take care of them?

Nic

Nic,

MM's dealership team may be able to get your temporary WA registration arranged so you can drive it locally. If not, Georgia's DMV may have a relatively inexpensive "trip permit" provision allowing you several days of "transit" in the state. MM probably also has a good covered transport carrier contact that he can negotiate a reasonable fee with ($850 or so) for relocation to Tacoma.

Jim

Id call Michael--he has a covered carrier that he uses--dont know if he charges or just makes it part of the deal--i picked mine up.The tax deal is just this year,unless BO wants to stimulate the economy again, and create/save another million jobs,while losing 3 million.Anyway, Im sure Micheal could ge the clear bra put on the car for you if that what you want. All warranty claims/service can be done at any Ford dealer,and the GT500 includes roadside assitance as well, so theylll come get you with a rollback when you get a flat,and dont have a spare tire(which is a feature of the Gt500)I shipped a car from Chicago to Atl and it was $1000. I think Michale will help you on that

Yes, MM stated that he can ship it to a dealer localy to me. I will have to pay in full before shipping of course which is no problem. As much as the idea of flying to GA, visiting the parents (especialy my dad, a 60s generation motorhead) with the new car and then enjoying the drive home with my wife, its just not practical because right after I get home from this deployment I have another 3 weeks later. So that being said I am on a crazy tight schedule.

Now I just have to lock a price with MM. I just hope I don't scare him away! Unfortunatly I'm not rich so every dollar is super important, super pinny pinching tight for me :(

Thanks for the continued input from everyone. A first new car is kinda crazy hectic.

Nic

Just want to say thanks to all those that endorsed and recommended MM. He took great care of me and worked around the couple of specifics that I needed to make this happen. Made my first car purchase an easy experience and for that I will be buying my wifes new F-250 Diesel from him when the time comes.

So, hopefully I will get a VIN number not too long from now and see if I can find a HUGE box of patience! LOL :drool:

Nic

Nic-

First off, THANK YOU for your service to this great country. If it werent for men (and women) like you, we would not have a free country in which to drive our AWESOME Shelby's...

Second, go safely... and come home safely so you can join the ranks of Shelby owners and get the permanent sh!t-eating grin we all have.

Best,

GUS

Congrats Nic! This gives you something unbelievably awesome to look forward to when you get back home.

Question for MM. I ordered my 2010 around the 18th of October and put down a large deposit with my local dealer.

They told me to expect delivery sometime in January or possibly even a bit later. I was fine with that. Two weeks later I got

a call from my salesman saying that they would not be able to fill the order for my car because it was too late and that the order

bank had already closed. My dealer, with the assistance of the Ford rep found the exact car I had ordered at another dealer not

all that far away and brought it to the dealership and I took delivery on it last week, much earlier than expected. I'm extremely pleased with the car and glad I ended up getting it early. But I'm wondering if the dealer made this up because from what you said, it is still possible to order a 2010. What do you think actually happened in this case?

Just want to say thanks to all those that endorsed and recommended MM. He took great care of me and worked around the couple of specifics that I needed to make this happen. Made my first car purchase an easy experience and for that I will be buying my wifes new F-250 Diesel from him when the time comes.

So, hopefully I will get a VIN number not too long from now and see if I can find a HUGE box of patience! LOL :drool:

Nic

Nic great for you.Glad Michael was able to help you, and thanks again for your service.

Michael will call/email you when he gets a VIN for the new car (assuming your getting one built).Just let him know. how you want to be contactedHe'll also tell you the planned build date,and will bird dog it thru the process of getting you the car.Ask him for the confirmation email from Ford,forget what they call it,when they accept the order.He may still have some Shelby brochures he could send you,if he doesnt I think have an extra PM me if you need one.Good choice--score another one for MM

Congrats Nic! This gives you something unbelievably awesome to look forward to when you get back home.

Question for MM. I ordered my 2010 around the 18th of October and put down a large deposit with my local dealer.

They told me to expect delivery sometime in January or possibly even a bit later. I was fine with that. Two weeks later I got

a call from my salesman saying that they would not be able to fill the order for my car because it was too late and that the order

bank had already closed. My dealer, with the assistance of the Ford rep found the exact car I had ordered at another dealer not

all that far away and brought it to the dealership and I took delivery on it last week, much earlier than expected. I'm extremely pleased with the car and glad I ended up getting it early. But I'm wondering if the dealer made this up because from what you said, it is still possible to order a 2010. What do you think actually happened in this case?

I bet they couldnt get another allocation!

But they did the right thing and found you a car! Oct was NOT to late to order, but if they dont have an allocation they cant order it.

MM

Just want to say again, MM is awesome! I heard/read so many saying the hassles they went through putting money down on a car or fighting for months with their dealer to find out in the long run that there is no car.....

Just a little over 1 week after my first email to MM introducing myself and starting the "process", I have a VIN 1ZVBP8JS9A5171298. The whole thing could not have been more simple and enjoyable. So thanks to everyone that recommended.

Nic

Just want to say again, MM is awesome! I heard/read so many saying the hassles they went through putting money down on a car or fighting for months with their dealer to find out in the long run that there is no car.....

Just a little over 1 week after my first email to MM introducing myself and starting the "process", I have a VIN 1ZVBP8JS9A5171298. The whole thing could not have been more simple and enjoyable. So thanks to everyone that recommended.

Nic

Nic--your a special guy and deserve the special attention!! have a great thanksgiving,and let us know when you get a ship date--bob

Nic - Welcome to the club. I picked up a Grabber Blue/White in October and drove it 1500miles to get home. You'll love it. I got 22mpg on the highway getting it home...I'll never see a tank above 15mpg again :shift: It's too much fun around town getting into the boost.

Re-deployment a few weeks later will be tough, but at least you'll have something to look forward to when you get back again.

As others have expressed, thanks for your service. It's guys like you that give us the freedom to own cars like this. What an awesome way to spend your bonus..... :happy feet:

Archived