TEAM SHELBY FORUM

318 Engine coolant leak

BobsShelbyDakota

Hello,

Time has been slow to come by lately and therefore I have not had time to do much with the S/Dak. My problem though is the engine leaks coolant from the rear left side of the engine somewhere. When I bought the truck it did not have a fan assembly and the oil was 2 inches above the full mark. There is no coolant in the oil. Could it be a blown head gasket? I am gussing here, but maybe they overheated it due to a bad fan, took the old fan out to replace and gave up after the leak appeared. I know there are freeze plugs but they look okay but I can't guarantee this even though I can't see the ones in the rear.

Any opinions would be great! I am thinking blown head gasket, does this sound logical?

Bob

If by left rear side you mean the drivers side of the engine I would look at freeze plugs and the heater control valve.

Steve

Yes, drivers side (I always go left and right while sitting in the truck). I did not look at the heater control valve but there are no hoses going to or coming from the heater core in the fire wall. Head gasket not a real possibility?

Bob

• 3 months later...

Archived