TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fog lights for Shelby GT

I used 2006 "Freestyle" driving lights and put them behind the grille on my G.O. SGT-C. The electical connector is a collision repair part. A little bracket fab and your are in business. The area behind the bumper is full of intercooler and pumps and stuffso there is no room for lights and brake ducts and stuff. These work well and were very easy to install. Wnenn

post-8142-1257801641_thumb.jpgpost-8142-1257801658_thumb.jpgpost-8142-1257801620_thumb.jpg

post-8142-1257801620_thumb.jpg

post-8142-1257801641_thumb.jpg

post-8142-1257801658_thumb.jpg

I WENT OLD SCHOOL STYLE WITH A STREET SCENE UPPER GRILL

AND FOG LAMPS COMBO. EASY TO INSTALL AND PROVIDES AWESOME

LIGHTING WITH A IONIZED YELLOW 85 WATT FOG BULB. I USED THE OEM FOG

LAMPS MOUNTED THEM INTO THE STREET SCENES GRILL. IT USES YOUR STOCK FOG

LAMP WIRING AND SWITCH ALREADY THERE ON YOUR HEAD LAMP ROTOR

SWITCH CONTROL. INSTALLED IN ABOUT 1.5 HOURS BY MYSELF.

SCOTTY

post-18850-1257815508_thumb.jpg

post-18850-1257815602_thumb.jpg

post-18850-1257815672_thumb.jpg

post-18850-1257815508_thumb.jpg

post-18850-1257815602_thumb.jpg

post-18850-1257815672_thumb.jpg

Where did you purchase the lights ?

I googled Freestyle foglamps and bought them online for like $55 each. The adaptor was $16 from the local ford Dealer. Stainless steel bolts and aircraft locking nuts an nylon standoffs from Lowe's were used to adjust the angle on both cars. I've had thughts about moving the lights on the blue car to where the ones are on the G.O. car to make them the same. Just haven't done it yet and the filler panels are like $68 each.

The area behind the bumper is full of intercooler and pumps and stuffso there is no room for lights and brake ducts and stuff.

Wnenn

IMG_7743.JPGIMG_7739.JPGIMG_7742.JPG

There is no intercooler or pumps behind the bumper. The KB is the only setup that will not let you put the driving light/brake duct combo on the car.

Chris

Has anyone installed fog lights to the Shelby Gt ? If so can you let me know which kit to buy. I would like to install them to the lower portion of the bumper where some are adding the brake cooling kit. Thanks

If you are wanting to install the lights because they look cool, go ahead. If you are wanting to install the lights for functionality, save your money. For the most part, they are for looks only as they are so low to the ground they really serve no purpose for lighting. This will be the case no matter what kind of lights you use as long as they are mounted below the bumper, useless. I love mine, but again they do not add any visibility. ( or at least no noticeable difference) See pic below for an installed pic of the Shelby light/brake combo. Sorry bout all the dead bugs on the car.

Chris

DSC00701.jpg

If you are wanting to install the lights because they look cool, go ahead. If you are wanting to install the lights for functionality, save your money. For the most part, they are for looks only as they are so low to the ground they really serve no purpose for lighting. This will be the case no matter what kind of lights you use as long as they are mounted below the bumper, useless. I love mine, but again they do not add any visibility. ( or at least no noticeable difference) See pic below for an installed pic of the Shelby light/brake combo. Sorry bout all the dead bugs on the car.

Chris

DSC00701.jpg

I really like seeing pictures of you guys cars that do drive them,,what bugs,,I see having alot of fun driving what is meant to be driven :shift: ,,, :salute:

There is no intercooler or pumps behind the bumper. The KB is the only setup that will not let you put the driving light/brake duct combo on the car.

Chris

The Edelbrock intercooler is very wide and is behind the bumper on my car and it is within 1" of the back of the front bumper where the lights go. The pump for the intercooler is on the passenger side behind the bumper also behind the turn signal. There was no room for the lights. Wnenn

The Edelbrock intercooler is very wide and is behind the bumper on my car and it is within 1" of the back of the front bumper where the lights go. The pump for the intercooler is on the passenger side behind the bumper also behind the turn signal. There was no room for the lights. Wnenn

Ok, but the OP does not have a blower, and I did not realize you had an edelbrock blower. I should have rephrased my post, to read: All of the authorized blowers will work with the driving lights and the brake ducts except the KB.....with the KB you can only have one or the other.

Chris

Archived