TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car Cover + Insurance Question

ACCLERCR

I have an '08 GT-500, and she stays in the garage. The garage is insulated, but not heated. I have the Wolf car cover, and would like to know if it's better to leave the cover off while she's sleeping and let her body breath or is it better to put the cover on, even though it's in the garage. About a week ago, I had streaks of condensation on her, because the garage was still warm, and the weather outside turned sharply colder (I live in the Northeast). I had to wipe her down and air things out. Also, when I come back from a drive, I always leave the garage door open and the windows (of the garage) open - and I pop the hood as well - to air things out for the cool down period. Your thoughts please... :headscratch:

On the CAR INSURANCE area, I have my baby under my car insurance with my everyday vehicles, however, please let me know if there is a separate insurance company I should look into for this car, as I don't put many miles on her, compared to my everyday vehicle I use for work and the one my wife uses....please help! :lurk:

Thanks!

I have an '08 GT-500, and she stays in the garage. The garage is insulated, but not heated. I have the Wolf car cover, and would like to know if it's better to leave the cover off while she's sleeping and let her body breath or is it better to put the cover on, even though it's in the garage. About a week ago, I had streaks of condensation on her, because the garage was still warm, and the weather outside turned sharply colder (I live in the Northeast). I had to wipe her down and air things out. Also, when I come back from a drive, I always leave the garage door open and the windows (of the garage) open - and I pop the hood as well - to air things out for the cool down period. Your thoughts please... :headscratch:

On the CAR INSURANCE area, I have my baby under my car insurance with my everyday vehicles, however, please let me know if there is a separate insurance company I should look into for this car, as I don't put many miles on her, compared to my everyday vehicle I use for work and the one my wife uses....please help! :lurk:

Thanks!

To answer your insurance ?.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...mp;hl=insurance

Cheap and easy to deal with.

I have the wolf cover as well, I don't seem to have any issues with condensation. It's in a unheated garage. You may need to improve ventilation. I've seen buildings sealed up too tightly that have high humidity problems inside. Maybe you can try a dehumidifier. It might not hurt to leave the cover off until you find something that works for you. Just a thought, the drier vent doesn't dump in to the garage, I've seen it done and it's not a good idea. Good luck.

Thanks!

I used to use a simple oil circulating space heater to keep my garage out of the 30's and it stopped the exact problem you had. Your car will also get wet going from real cold to warm and rust the heck out of any bare metel in a hurry. The best thing you can do is avoid the drastic temp changes and don't park your daily driver in the same garage as the Shelby because of salt and temp changes. It sucks because even if you heat your garage and open the door when it's cold, the car will get wet.

Archived