TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Newly done 40th anniversary

Here are some pics of my Father's (SSSnake) recently done 40th anniversary package..

My first impressions of a 40th anniversary witnessed first hand, are very good. My expectations of the wheels (which I originally did not like AT ALL) turned out MUCH better than anticipated. The interior was done before getting the actual "40th anniversary package" done at Tasca. The actual 40th anniversary package in combination with the interior package turned out alot better than pictures that I have seen. I wish that shelby actually offered more to the 40th anniversary package owners (jackets etc).

I know my father has recently bought the SuperSnake brake upgrade for the front(6piston red calipers etc)... but we actually think the stock brembos (coupled with the 14" 2 peice rotors) would look better and perform better than he would actually use the car. I know that the stock brembo calipers (IMO) Look nicer with this car than the other calipers do.

It was done by Tasca Ford in Rhode Island..

Some things were forgotten to be installed.. and some factory parts were not given back.. There was an employee that really made us feel dissapointed with how Tasca "does" business, but there were others that seemed to want to "make-up" for the other employee's actions/ethic. We'll see how it pans out.

There were some (many) other issues that we had with the installer but I will leave that up to my father to explain to all,, (which I sure will be based on how Tasca wants to make good on what was/wasn't done).

103009190201.jpg

1030091904.jpg

1030091906a.jpg

1030091907.jpg

Big Pimpin' with his fountain of "Yoot" :)

1030091907b.jpg

1030091908.jpg

There were many more pics taken.. but this is all I have to upload right now..

Anyone that has a full list of parts that are replaced when getting a 40th anniversary package done.. Please PM them to me. I need to verify what parts we have gotten back and what modifications that were actually performed.

Thanks for lookin!

And PS. Happy belated birthday to my Dad! (Nov, 5th!)

Shawn

1030091800.jpg

1030091800a.jpg

1030091801c.jpg

1030091802.jpg

1030091802b.jpg

1030091851.jpg

1030091902.jpg

And I must add.. Honestly, I have never been that big of a fan of the newer stangs.. I toyed around with the idea of an 03-04' Terminator.. but I am currently building 1991 Nissan 300zx Twinturbo with every 'bolt-on' and many fully custom parts.. However; If and when I ever get the money.. I think I'll end up joining the Shelby club somehow :). and of course I'm talking GT500 "and up" club =)

Wow, congrats!! And correct me if I'm wrong... are the 40th packages only applicable to the 2007's? :headscratch:

And... you've got a blue chin spoiler! :happy feet:

First of all I appreciate my son’s thoughtfulness but I did not authorize the “bust out” of Tasca Ford. There were a few challenges to be met but they are very interested in meeting them, he just knows how passionate I am about my Shelby so thanks for the concern Shawn.

Yes, the 40th conversion was only available on the 2007 GT500 but the 2008 and up guys were not left out as is evident by the introduction of the SE (Special Edition) model.

And finally Yes, the rare “blue splitter option” was available only to those driving their car back 325 miles one way through New York City and in the rain. It requires meticulous care during installation done only by those with considerable painting experience.

First of all I appreciate my son’s thoughtfulness but I did not authorize the “bust out” of Tasca Ford. There were a few challenges to be met but they are very interested in meeting them, he just knows how passionate I am about my Shelby so thanks for the concern Shawn.

Yes, the 40th conversion was only available on the 2007 GT500 but the 2008 and up guys were not left out as is evident by the introduction of the SE (Special Edition) model.

And finally Yes, the rare “blue splitter option” was available only to those driving their car back 325 miles one way through New York City and in the rain. It requires meticulous care during installation done only by those with considerable painting experience.

Glad in the end everything worked out! And I now realize that the blue was tape. :doh:

Glad in the end everything worked out! And I know realize that the blue was tape. :doh:

Sic, Thanks for the response; the car does really look awesome better than I remember of others I’ve seen in the past (maybe ‘cause It’s mine). :burnout:

Archived