TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Speedo question

SHELBYGT698

As most of you know my Shelby was involved in an accident? (deer) I've noticed and just thought about it now. I left my car running to see if it overheats because the radiator was been hit slightly and driving home from the accident sight I thought I smelt coolant burning. (could've just been deer cooking)

After doing so, it wasn't overheating so I started to rev the engine a bit. Upon doing so, My speedo gauge starting jumping up and down but only over certain RPM. I also notice what sounded like the seltbelt chime when I went over a certain RPM. I thought this was strange. Can anyone relate to this or know if this would be normal.

Thanks. I really need that. ( I really do mean that in a good way)

I'm ready to break down and cry. Yeah Yeah, I know it's only a car blah blah blah....everyone has been telling me all day.

Anyways, anybody experience the same thing? Or better yet, can anyone check on theirs.

Cars in neutral with e-brakes. All you have to do is rev the engine. Don't have to redline.

Ditto, any short, or ground connection knocked loose will do this. I would make sure they REPLACE the ENTIRE front harness. Wiring that is spliced or bothced together will haunt you forever. Good luck

If all is true, how about the seat belt chime? That doesn't make any sense for it to chime at all. Especially only 1 note.

YOU HAVE AN ACTIVE SEAT BELT RESTRAINT SYSTEM AND YOUR CHIME

ISSUE MUST BE RELATED TO THE ACTIVE RESTRAINT SYSTEM AND YOU

WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO RESET THE COMPUTER AND CLEAR THE SYSTEM.

AS FOR THE SPEEDO DIFFERENT PROBLEM SAME DEER.

SCOTTY

Archived