TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stocks: Buying and Selling 101

This is the only forum I visit so I don't have much exposure to other online community's. I just opened up a E-Trade account and want to start investing in the stock market I have no knowledge of the market so I thought it would be good to create a thread that helps people choose which stocks would be good to buy.

I wish I had bought Ford stock in Feb of 09 when it was a little over $1.50 a share now its over $7.00 a share.

Which stocks do you think will be a good investment?

+1

Back in January, Marji picked up some Trina (tsl) at $7.70..........it's trading above $38.00 today. :yahoo:

NICE this is what I am talking about. I think that investing in the market is a great way to build a future but if your not careful or have some good advise you could lose everything.

Thats great that she picked up that stock I am hoping to do something similiar

NICE this is what I am talking about. I think that investing in the market is a great way to build a future but if your not careful or have some good advise you could lose everything.

Thats great that she picked up that stock I am hoping to do something similiar

Invest what you can afford to lose...no problems...

+1

Back in January, Marji picked up some Trina (tsl) at $7.70..........it's trading above $38.00 today. :yahoo:

SELL when it hits $40.00

Just something I have always wanted to say...........................

SELL when it hits $40.00

I agree; in fact I would sell now.

Just something I have always wanted to say...........................

I'm gonna review a couple of potential buys tonight

Thanks Ilmor I really appeciate it. I have a 3 day hold on my e-trade account until they can verify my checking account so once that is up I am going to start having some fun...................I hope.

I like my FCX and KMP. For machinery there's always Cat and Deere. DCI supplies both of those companies. Whatever you do, stay away from any companies that received TARP funds....Citi, Bank Of America, GM.

Good luck and have some fun.

FCX and KMP look like a couple of good ones to hold.

I did a little research tonight - I'm not planning any buys at this time.

FCX and KMP look like a couple of good ones to hold.

I did a little research tonight - I'm not planning any buys at this time.

FCX was at $25 a share a year ago and now it is around $80 a share. A Year ago it would have been an excellent investment I might spend a couple hundred on that one.

KMP is about the same as it was a year ago but had a good drop in March.

I think investing is going to be harder than I thought. As I check the different maps for the last year there are so many ups and downs.

Some great advice a friend told me was to invest in products that you use everyday or truely believe in.

I bought REV today

Yeah this is probably a good buy. Back in 05 and 06 this stock was rocking. I can only imagine that with the economy in the shape it is that women are buying lesser expensive items and makeup would be one of those items that is cheap and makes them feel good.

I really want to buy Ford stock it has gone up almost a couple dollars in the last few weeks. I think its at a high price now but it could go sky rocketing to double the value if Ford keeps up the great work.

Ilmor do you think it would be smart to buy Ford now at $8.98 a share?

Archived