TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Whipple Fuel pressure

What kind of fuel pressure are you guys seeing under WOT, cruising, and idle? This applies to all SC cars too. One more thing does a fuel block fit under the plastic whipple intake hose, for a in car fuel gauge? It looks really close fitment wise for anything else to fit besides the fuel pressure sensor. :headscratch:

My fuel pressure at idle is 40 and it varies between the mid 30’s to mid 40’s as I am driving, including WOT. At a constant speed, it stays around 40. I have an Aeroforce Interceptor scan gauge, so it is getting the fuel pressure information from the OBDII port. I really like the Aeroforce gauge and highly recommend it. I also hooked up a sensor for boost, so it gives me that information as well.

My fuel pressure at idle is 40 and it varies between the mid 30’s to mid 40’s as I am driving, including WOT. At a constant speed, it stays around 40. I have an Aeroforce Interceptor scan gauge, so it is getting the fuel pressure information from the OBDII port. I really like the Aeroforce gauge and highly recommend it. I also hooked up a sensor for boost, so it gives me that information as well.

+ on the mid 30's cruising to 40 Craig

Do you have a link to the gauge?

Here is their URL:

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/

I bought mine as a group buy, but Lethal Performance sells them:

http://www.lethalperformance.com/05-09-mus...-c-576_947_7662

I bought a single gauge and it can display two items at a time and act as a shift light. It can also scroll through 8 different items. I usually leave mine on boost and intake temperature. I also worked directly with Sound of Speed to get a single gauge pod. The entire install was easy and I only had to wire up the MAP sensor for boost.

post-3252-1257390211_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1257390211_thumb.jpg

If you have the Whipple 550 intercooled system as I do, it also comes with larger injectors and the GT500 fuel pump. I run average 40psi at normal driving but at full boost (WOT) it goes to 70psi. All systems should be doing that or you will lean out and damage the engine. 40psi will not be sufficient at WOT. My gages are directly connected to the fuel manifold, oil manifold and boost connection so I get actual on the spot readings. I don't know about other S/C systems but they should be the same and I'm at 11-12psi boost. Hope that helps. :peelout::peelout::peelout:

Archived