TEAM SHELBY FORUM

PICS!!

cgoeschel

I will only drive my car in nice weather, and typically only on weekends. Therefore, putting a cover on it in the garage would prevent me from having to wash it each time I drive it. If I leave it uncovered, I get dust, spider webs, and other assorted debris on it.

Dave

+1

I will be doing other projects in my shop that creat dust, so a cover keeps that junk off too.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question about the 1st photo. It appears that the back louver frame is not sitting all the way down onto the car surface. Is it suppose to be like that?

Nice CAI install. :happy feet:

well i just washed the car i didnt latch it down still had to dry the windows lol

Nice ride, congrats.

How does it fair up against the other Cobra's ?

Your GO color is quite a bit different from mine. Yours is more ont he orange side and mine is more on the yellow side. Wonder if there are different variations in the GO color, maybe the ones being sent to Canada are a different shade, they dont offer the GO/White stripe combo in Canada, only GO/Tungsten.

Paste some of your pics against these, you'll see what I mean.

post-4414-1167293196_thumb.jpg

post-4414-1167293367_thumb.jpg

post-4414-1167293445_thumb.jpg

post-4414-1167293196_thumb.jpg

post-4414-1167293367_thumb.jpg

post-4414-1167293445_thumb.jpg

Nice ride, congrats.

Your GO color is quite a bit different from mine. Yours is more ont he orange side and mine is more on the yellow side. Wonder if there are different variations in the GO color, maybe the ones being sent to Canada are a different shade, they dont offer the GO/White stripe combo in Canada, only GO/Tungsten.

I thought it was all in the lighting. There is only one U3 color code.

Different lighting affects the color.

After SCGT500 put his money down for this car, then they came up with colors. I really liked the idea of the GO. We searched the internet up and down and decided against it because we kept coming up with this creamy pale orange that we didn't like.

Still haven't seen a GT500 in the GO color around our area.

Great pics!!!

Got the CAI and SCT today from Evolution. Got a little problem, I think, with the carbon fiber part of the kit, so I sent a message to Tucker over at Modularfords.com to see if he may be able to help. Ill elaborate after I hear back from him.

Got an email back from Jay already this morning...great customer service! Im sending the Carbon fiber piece back for them to inspect. Might just me being overly cautious and anal! They did offer to replace the piece and send me a new one asap. The inside had some open carbon fiber that wasnt coated with epoxy and I was concerned that it may eventually be ingested into the engine/supercharger.

Nice ride, congrats.

I think it is the lighting for sure. Some overcast days, it looks more yellow. Sunny days, looks really orange. I actually like the way it changes.

As far as my other cobras, this one is my favorite for sure. Not because its a Shelby, but because the car fits me so much better, its quicker, handles better etc. I was actually most surprised and happy about the way the car handles. I was concerned that I wouldnt be happy with the live axle setup vs. the IRS in the '03-'04's that I had. I was way wrong! The only thing I havent tried yet is a throttle controlled slide in a corner. The IRS cars were excellent at that and gave you lots of confidence. We'll see about this one though. My experience tells me that its tougher to control a live axle in that respect. I took my Screaming Yellow '04 to Buttonwillow for the SVT open track event a couple of years ago and the car handled very well on track. I cant wait to start taking this one to those type of events!

Now about putting a cover on the car IN the garage....holy begeezus man, thats really fussy! :hysterical2:

KC666

I plan on keeping mine in the garage with the cover on, driving only in nice weather and only on weekends/road trips. I see Vegas in the future!

Chris,

Where can I get a car cover like that? My daughter (the princess) is bruttle with her car door! She better learn now, or she's gonna be moving out. She drives a '98 Mustang convertible.

I plan on keeping mine in the garage with the cover on, driving only in nice weather and only on weekends/road trips. I see Vegas in the future!

Chris,

Where can I get a car cover like that? My daughter (the princess) is bruttle with her car door! She better learn now, or she's gonna be moving out. She drives a '98 Mustang convertible.

You can call Bill Jenkins (internet parts manager) at Team Ford Las Vegas (702) 395-5100. Tell him that Chris Goeschel (sales manager) told you to call him and that he'd give you a special price on the cover. Hope that helps!

You can call Bill Jenkins (internet parts manager) at Team Ford Las Vegas (702) 395-5100. Tell him that Chris Goeschel (sales manager) told you to call him and that he'd give you a special price on the cover. Hope that helps!

Chris,

My car cover came today that you turned me onto. It only took 2 days to get. Quick turnaround. It sure came in a small box about 2 feet long and 8 inches square.

Now if I only had the car to try it out on. :banghead:

Chris,

My car cover came today that you turned me onto. It only took 2 days to get. Quick turnaround. It sure came in a small box about 2 feet long and 8 inches square.

Do yourself a favor and follow the directions on how to put it on..lol..I tried to do it my way and just chased it around the car the first time because it kept sliding off to one side or the other! Good fit though, I think youll like it!

Do yourself a favor and follow the directions on how to put it on..lol..I tried to do it my way and just chased it around the car the first time because it kept sliding off to one side or the other! Good fit though, I think youll like it!

Can you call the factory and get my build date moved up a little, say 3 weeks ? :hysterical:

Chris,

The other day you promised photos of the new tint job on your windows. We are all still waiting for you to deliver. Don't make promises you can't keep. :finger:

Yeah I know, 50 mph winds and a dirty car mean itll have to wait until Sunday. But I "promise" i'll have the Corsa's on by then as well for you to see! Actually doing them now.

Yeah I know, 50 mph winds and a dirty car mean itll have to wait until Sunday. But I "promise" i'll have the Corsa's on by then as well for you to see! Actually doing them now.

A video clip of the Corsa's would be too cool. :hyper:

Chris,

Only 8 posts SCGT. I'll be nice. :happy feet:

Chris,

I hear it fits nicely on a GT/CS. :yup:

Sorry, you must have me confused with another forum member named "GOD"

:hysterical2::hysterical2:

A video clip of the Corsa's would be too cool. :hyper:

Ok...they're on!! Took it for a spin....sounds incredible in my opinion. Not overly deep or boomy. I would charachterize it as "tuned muscle". I took it by work and did a little 1st-2nd acceleration down the street for my friend, he said it sounded great too! As far as install went, very straight forward, drivers side went up straight and great....passenger side went up straight, but the tip hangs a bit lower than the drivers side. I did what the instructions say to remedy it without much luck, so Ill take it in tomorrow and put it on a lift where I can loosen some more bolts and move things around a little more to get them dead on. Very pleased though overall and they look great too. Pics and hopefully vids this weekend!

Ok...they're on!! Took it for a spin....sounds incredible in my opinion. Not overly deep or boomy. I would charachterize it as "tuned muscle". I took it by work and did a little 1st-2nd acceleration down the street for my friend, he said it sounded great too! As far as install went, very straight forward, drivers side went up straight and great....passenger side went up straight, but the tip hangs a bit lower than the drivers side. I did what the instructions say to remedy it without much luck, so Ill take it in tomorrow and put it on a lift where I can loosen some more bolts and move things around a little more to get them dead on. Very pleased though overall and they look great too. Pics and hopefully vids this weekend!

Tuned muscle...I like that. Mine are on back order...llike my car :cry:

Let us know how the adjustment / alignment of the crooked tip goes !

SCGT: Did you have any alignment issues when you put yours on ?

Ditto....

The driver side was easy as you mention. I had a similar problem with the passenger side. Once you have your car on the lift it will be easier to align the muffler. I loosened the clamp at the muffler, had my friend realign the muffler to match the driver side and hold it in place, then tighten the clamp. Problem solved.

Archived