TEAM SHELBY FORUM

#321 Rear-ended.. Minor damage..

1965coupe

Just incase you need another shop....Raceway Ford here in Moreno Valley actually Riverside does verywell also. They did my hood scoop and stripes on my SGT and know the Shelby process very well. You can tell them that James sent you. They made my scoop functional and they don't mess with the stripes, they have a professional vinyl layer come do them. The Body Shop Manager is Mike and he's a great guy.

Just incase you need another shop....Raceway Ford here in Moreno Valley actually Riverside does verywell also. They did my hood scoop and stripes on my SGT and know the Shelby process very well. You can tell them that James sent you. They made my scoop functional and they don't mess with the stripes, they have a professional vinyl layer come do them. The Body Shop Manager is Mike and he's a great guy.

Thanks for the suggestion.

However.. based on my past experiences with body shops, I tend to visit quite frequently.. :unsure:

I cannot stand to have them call and say "you're car is done, come pick it up.." In the past, this has not been the case - the car has always had some issue, big or small, that necessitated leaving the car at the shop.

Because of this, I think I am going to Caliber, in Murrieta. Since it's only 15 miles away, I can check on it as needed.

Thanks again!

Hey everybody,

I have been fortunate with this car.. 22,000 miles with only some rock chips and a small dent.. UNTIL tonight - I was rear-ended (on the driver side) by a Saturn, which was rear-ended by a Dodge Caliber..

I was in the turn lane to get on the freeway.. stopped.. and the Saturn was stopped.. Well, the guy driving the Dodge didn\'t stop in time and hit her (the Saturn).. she managed to swerve to avoid hitting me straight on, but still clipped the side of me.. Since this is a narrow road, I didn\'t have anywhere to go..

The car runs and drives perfectly.. it\'s just physical damage.. The other two cars had to be towed.

While I can brush it off as \"life happens,\" I am concerned about a few things:

• the main damage is on the quarter panel - I don\'t want the panel \'patched\' - how do I make sure they replace the whole 1/4 panel? Or will they?

• The rear bumper is shot.. I\'m not too concerned about making sure it\'s a CA Special bumper.. but I know I need new stripes.. should I order these? Or have the bodyshop contact Shelby?

It\'s hard to tell in the pictures, but the damage to the 1/4 panel, underneath the bumper, is pretty ugly.. it\'s quite mangled..

Can any of you offer tips/advice.. I have State Farm.. the driver that caused the accident has Mercury.. I DO have a police report (though he was very reluctant to write one..)..

Any GOOD bodyshops in So CAL? I have had very bad luck dealing with shops in the past.. I am super picky..

Thanks in advance..

EDIT: I have added some better pictures, with a real camera! Scroll down, take a look...

EDIT 2 (11-4): The main driver who caused the accident (Dodge Caliber) only has $10,000 collision coverage (as in $10,000 for all three cars, TOTAL!!)!. As a result, his agent (through Mercury insurance) told me to go through my own insurance (State Farm) and just pay the $500 deductible, get the car fixed.. etc..

I do not have rental insurance, and the Mercury agent told me to rent a car on my own, out-of-pocket; IF I do get reimbursed (if there is anything left from the $10,000, my payment will be pro-rated. Additionally, I MIGHT get my deductible back..

Does this sound fishy to all of you?? He told me it's best to go through my insurance so "they can take the bite"... WOW!!! And if I don't get any money back (rental/deductible) I can pursue the matter in small claims..

Gosh.. I just have so much time to do that.. :hysterical:

Sorry if this has turned into a rant.. just frustrated..

:wacko:

My wife hit mine in our driveway in exactly the same spot but with less damage. The rear bumper was only scratched so it only needed paint and a new stripe. The quarter panel was pulled and repaired. They will have to paint all the way up over the door, down the side of the windshield to the front fender. The first shop did a lousey job with the paint and put the stripes on crooked and I had another do it over and they did a prefect job. Black is hard to get right and you'll need to make sure it matches before you accept it. Take a high powered spot light with you to see if the paint matches. Take it to a good shop that does custom work and not just collisions.

I had to contact Bud to help me get the replacement stripes for the bumper and the quarter panel. The whole thing took 3 months to get right!

Good luck!

Ok.. dropping the car off tomorrow morning (Wednesday).

I will be taping a notice on the dash that warns whoever drives the car about the lowered suspension, hood pins, current mileage, and to not use towels on the paint.

Oh boy.. scared to let someone have possession of this car for so long (about 2 weeks total).

I have removed everything from the car - Nav DVD, phone/ipod chargers, CDs, the tire inflator, parking passes, etc..

While I trust the shop in general, I know that many different employees will be working on the car in the various stages of repair.

Thanks everybody!

I will keep you all updated with the progress. Stay tuned... happy%20feet.gif

Thanks for the support! :yup:

I am communicating with the shop via email to order the correct stripes. I have given the guy at Caliber all of Bud's information.. hopefully this is a good start.

I am going to keep the old bumper, just for laughs, and for wall art :cry:

Looking forward to having it back.. :shift:

Thanks for the support! :yup:

I am communicating with the shop via email to order the correct stripes. I have given the guy at Caliber all of Bud's information.. hopefully this is a good start.

I am going to keep the old bumper, just for laughs, and for wall art :cry:

Looking forward to having it back.. :shift:

Bud was a Saint in helping me get the stripes, which he had to do twice because I had to have the paint job done over!

Bud gives us awesome customer service!

Archived