85 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a deep draw hood?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Undecided.
  2. 2. Have you ordered it?

• Yes.
    • No.

The deep draw hood is fine I guess, but to me it seems a bit of a "Half" design.. Yeah it looks cool but it only pulls air through the radiator.

I have the original hood resting comfortably on the side of my house.. I put on a Cervinis concept hood and then retro fitted the heat extractors, looks

real nice and looks OEM.. I have noticed prior to the extractors that the engine radiated alot of heat, but since the extractors the engine stays alot cooler, here where the max speedlimit is 80KPH, well the deep draw is kinda useless..

GNB

Some of us are Shelby faithful. I anyday would rather have a Shelby hood than a cervani's AFTERMARKET hood. Plus the deepdraw hood is only available to SGT, Terlingua, SR, CS 6 and 8's and TC owners so it makes it more sought after for Shelby owners. I've seen it perform on the Terlingua's and it seems to function just fine, I haven't heard one owner complain about it.

The deep draw hood is fine I guess, but to me it seems a bit of a "Half" design.. Yeah it looks cool but it only pulls air through the radiator.

I have the original hood resting comfortably on the side of my house.. I put on a Cervinis concept hood and then retro fitted the heat extractors, looks

real nice and looks OEM.. I have noticed prior to the extractors that the engine radiated alot of heat, but since the extractors the engine stays alot cooler, here where the max speedlimit is 80KPH, well the deep draw is kinda useless..

GNB

The deep draw hood also is vented at the cowl.

Chris

Got the Hood transaction completed this morning. Im sending it to Quantum to be painted and striped to install in a couple weeks when the blower is being installed. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Im now broke again.........damnit :lurk: Its taken me all year to save up the cash, and spent it all in less than a week. :hysterical:

Oh well, its for the SHELBY. :shift:

Chris

I am considering having Quantum do one for me. Do you mind saying how much this complete mod is costing you?

• 1 month later...

Some of us are Shelby faithful. I anyday would rather have a Shelby hood than a cervani's AFTERMARKET hood. Plus the deepdraw hood is only available to SGT, Terlingua, SR, CS 6 and 8's and TC owners so it makes it more sought after for Shelby owners. I've seen it perform on the Terlingua's and it seems to function just fine, I haven't heard one owner complain about it.

Don't forget about thr GT-Hs....happy%20feet.gif

angry.gif HMMMMMM. did anyone notice, it looks like they have allowed anyone to buy a deep draw hood now, according to the Shelby Store. I sure hope not and that it is a typo. redcard.gif

Anyone can buy anything now... Look they have the CF splitters & rockers...confused.gif

At the end of the day it's a business and the intent is make money. It's was a nice thought to only offer to us but this economy is tight and most business need to take a sales dollar anywhere they can get it...

+1.....now, if they'd only let us convert our SGT's into a Terlingua that would be sweet, imagine a V-8 Terlingua :dance:

• 2 months later...

I really like the Deep Draw hood. I wish now that I'd waited a little while to spend the $$$ on a hood and got the Deep Draw hood instead.

I understand that there are 2 different ones. . . . . . there's a version of the Deep Draw hood that will fit over the Whipple S/C.

Any VB SGT owners interested in purchasing my CS6 hood?

Painted Stripes (burried into the clear coat)

I still have the box the hood shipped in.

I am really interested in getting this Deep Draw hood now.

Trevor

My hood arrived a few months ago and it was one of the easiest transactions I have had. Thanks Bud.

I haven't had it installed yet but I will around the end of May. The body shop I'm dealing on Guam gave

me a quote of $1200 to mount, color match the hood to the car and remove the vinyl stripes and paint

them on bumper to bumper. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Jessie

My hood arrived a few months ago and it was one of the easiest transactions I have had. Thanks Bud.

I haven't had it installed yet but I will around the end of May. The body shop I'm dealing on Guam gave

me a quote of $1200 to mount, color match the hood to the car and remove the vinyl stripes and paint

them on bumper to bumper. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Jessie

Sure does... how are Guam's body shops? (Excuse my ignorance)...

Jer

Sure does... how are Guam's body shops? (Excuse my ignorance)...

Jer

Hey Jer,

I'm about ready to find out how good they are. When I visited thier shop it looked good to me and they had a couple projects

in the works during my visit. I'll be sure to post pictures once everything is done and give my feedback.

Jessie

Hey Jer,

I'm about ready to find out how good they are. When I visited thier shop it looked good to me and they had a couple projects

in the works during my visit. I'll be sure to post pictures once everything is done and give my feedback.

Jessie

Looking forward to it! Good luck!

Jer

I understand that there are 2 different ones. . . . . . there's a version of the Deep Draw hood that will fit over the Whipple S/C.

Trevor

I bought the deep draw hood 4 months ago I am waiting for spring to get it painted and installed.

This is the first I have heard that there are two versions.

Are you sure that there are two versions?

I have the Whipple 550 and Bud never mentioned to me that there are two versions. If there are two versions I assume Bud sent me the correct one for my supercharged car.

• 3 weeks later...

Some of us are Shelby faithful. I anyday would rather have a Shelby hood than a cervani's AFTERMARKET hood. Plus the deepdraw hood is only available to SGT, Terlingua, SR, Hertz, CS 6 and 8's and TC owners so it makes it more sought after for Shelby owners. I've seen it perform on the Terlingua's and it seems to function just fine, I haven't heard one owner complain about it.

I guess we can cross off the SR and the TC models. redcard.gif

Edit: added Hertz cars as I forgot about them in the first post, sorry speedracersalute.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like more than a fair price. Back when the car was being built, it was a 1500.00 upgrade for the CS-6, which we ordered. (Which is coming on 3 years 11/17/06, my how time flies). Still love this car as much as the first day I saw it. The only thing I regret about this hood(kinda) is we ordered the hood with hood pin delete. I like the look without the hood pins, but @140+mph, not a pretty site. So this is my speed governor. LOL

Its basically the same hood with heat extractors and a little deeper draw in the front. As far as clearing the Paxton, I had one little spot where I had to shave the blanket. So I'm guessing that it will clear the Paxton. But I would check with Shelby.

I hope you enjoy your new hood. Personally, I think it makes it look more aggressive.

Hey i see you have the cold air ducts and the fog lights what does it take to put that on, anyone have any photos of an install? or any help how do you mount the lights????? thanks!

Seems like more than a fair price. Back when the car was being built, it was a 1500.00 upgrade for the CS-6, which we ordered. (Which is coming on 3 years 11/17/06, my how time flies). Still love this car as much as the first day I saw it. The only thing I regret about this hood(kinda) is we ordered the hood with hood pin delete. I like the look without the hood pins, but @140+mph, not a pretty site. So this is my speed governor. LOL

Its basically the same hood with heat extractors and a little deeper draw in the front. As far as clearing the Paxton, I had one little spot where I had to shave the blanket. So I'm guessing that it will clear the Paxton. But I would check with Shelby.

I hope you enjoy your new hood. Personally, I think it makes it look more aggressive.

Archived