85 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a deep draw hood?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Undecided.
  2. 2. Have you ordered it?

• Yes.
    • No.

Got the Hood transaction completed this morning. Im sending it to Quantum to be painted and striped to install in a couple weeks when the blower is being installed. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Im now broke again.........damnit :lurk: Its taken me all year to save up the cash, and spent it all in less than a week. :hysterical:

Oh well, its for the SHELBY. :shift:

Chris

I defiantly want the deep draw hood, short on cash right now. Will order as soon as my wife gets a job. :wacko:

( I am disabled and my wife is a layed-off school teacher)

I'll be saving for a loonnnggg time...but at the same time I am anxious to see what it looks like on you guys' cars!

Careful, Bob, some of us might consider the deep draw hood a mod. Don't want you to ruin your reputation. :hysterical:

Jim

Careful, Bob, some of us might consider the deep draw hood a mod. Don't want you to ruin your reputation. :hysterical:

Jim

I might surprise you ... did you know that I just upgraded all my brakes?? :happy feet: I'll be posting about this in another thread....

I'll be saving for a loonnnggg time...but at the same time I am anxious to see what it looks like on you guys' cars!

You'l be waiting a long time on mine...I want one just to have one on my garage wall...my scoop is perfect now... :happy feet:

I just pulled the trigger on the Deep Draw Hood for my 07 SGT. Total Price for the hood, shipping = $849 and stripes= $277.70 total= $1,026.70. The hoods will not be pre-drilled or painted. The hood would have to be aligned to the vehicle for proper fit before the hood pin holes can

be drilled. Every vehicle is different and it probably would not line up. This is why they are unfinished. + I had to go through Ford Performance parts to get SPP permission to sell me the stripes. I will post the cost of the paint job/stripes and pictures of the finished project.

I just pulled the trigger on the Deep Draw Hood for my 07 SGT. Total Price for the hood, shipping = $849 and stripes= $277.70 total= $1,026.70. The hoods will not be pre-drilled or painted. The hood would have to be aligned to the vehicle for proper fit before the hood pin holes can

be drilled. Every vehicle is different and it probably would not line up. This is why they are unfinished. + I had to go through Ford Performance parts to get SPP permission to sell me the stripes. I will post the cost of the paint job/stripes and pictures of the finished project.

Seems like more than a fair price. Back when the car was being built, it was a 1500.00 upgrade for the CS-6, which we ordered. (Which is coming on 3 years 11/17/06, my how time flies). Still love this car as much as the first day I saw it. The only thing I regret about this hood(kinda) is we ordered the hood with hood pin delete. I like the look without the hood pins, but @140+mph, not a pretty site. So this is my speed governor. LOL

Its basically the same hood with heat extractors and a little deeper draw in the front. As far as clearing the Paxton, I had one little spot where I had to shave the blanket. So I'm guessing that it will clear the Paxton. But I would check with Shelby.

I hope you enjoy your new hood. Personally, I think it makes it look more aggressive.

I have the GT-H / CS-6 hood and when it rains about a gallon of water forms around the fake vent. So on this deep draw hood where does all that water go, is there some sort of drain set up or does it just go all over the engine compartment ? :shift:

Now that is a might great question :yup: Considering many people here drive their cars occasionally it may not be a drawback....Any Terlingua owners want to chime in?

Forget rain, what about just washing the car? I have a polished S/C and I sure as heck don't want to be drying the thing off everytime! Also, the alternator sits almost right there, not to mention the added water on the drive belt? I would imagine the rubber would begin to crack and weaken alot sooner than it should. Still, if I had a $1K that I didn't want to spend on go-fast goodies, i'd probably get it anyway and just lay a towel across the vents when washing....

I like the current look, its more Original, I just want to Make it FUNCTIONAL. On my lists to do when I replace the Scoop. My Vote was a NO

I agree with the original look but what I do not understand is how we make the scoop truly functional. Functional to me means more than letting air flow through it. The original scoop brought outside air directly to the carburetor. With our cars, the air intake, no matter what setup you have, draws air from a location other than the center of the hood. My KB draws from behind the front bumper. If there is a way to draw air from the scoop directly to my KB, I am up for it. If you look at the KB (and the Whipple if I am not correct), the air intake is in the back of the motor so it would be theoretically possible to direct air from the scoop to the throttle body. Maybe Chip Beck is in the mood to do further fabrication work for our cars.

Jim

I agree with the original look but what I do not understand is how we make the scoop truly functional. Functional to me means more than letting air flow through it. The original scoop brought outside air directly to the carburetor. With our cars, the air intake, no matter what setup you have, draws air from a location other than the center of the hood. My KB draws from behind the front bumper. If there is a way to draw air from the scoop directly to my KB, I am up for it. If you look at the KB (and the Whipple if I am not correct), the air intake is in the back of the motor so it would be theoretically possible to direct air from the scoop to the throttle body. Maybe Chip Beck is in the mood to do further fabrication work for our cars.

Jim

you are correct. How does the Deep Draw help or work. I have not read much on this. I guess the only functional hood is the one on the KR, or am I wrong also

I LOVE THE IDEA OF THE DEEP DRAW HOOD AND ALLOWING THE

ENGINE TO HAVE AIR FLOWING AROUND IT TO KEEP THE TEMPS

DOWN. HOWEVER, I LOVE THE LOOK OF MY ORIGINAL HOOD AND

WITH SOME OF THE QUESTIONS THAT HAVE BEEN RAISED ABOUT

WATER GETTING INSIDE THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT MAKES

ME SECOND GUESS GETTING ONE. :banghead:

WHAT TO DO ; WHAT TO DO ? :headscratch:

SCOTTY

Jim

Jim,

From reading a previous Chip Beck thread about his scoop, my understanding is

that there isn't much air drawn through his scoop at speed. That was a flaw in

the original 65-67 scoops that was corrected in 68. So if functional (by your

definition) is important, I'd be curious about the claims of good cowl induction

from the deep draw hoop (in Infidel's post) for Whipple and KB intakes.

-Tom

Has anyone heard from Bud recently? I've left a few phone messages and a couple of e-mails. He's usually outstanding on quick email response or a call back. Im pretty interested in the hood, but have a few questions... and then may order this bad-boy.

What are your questions?

Chris

The one I ordered is scheduled to be here tomorrow between noon and 3pm.

I got a call from UPS freight on Monday to schedule a delivery for Thursday they said they have a hood from Shelby Automobiles for me. I asked them to have the driver call when he is on our road I guess he is showing up in a Semi so he won't be able to drive down our driveway.

Tomorrow is going to be a good day, I will take photos tomorrow.

Thanks a TON Bud. You always are on top of things.

I just emailed him my address, CSM # and credit card number and he took care of the rest. It was the easiest purchase I ever made.

Archived