TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shutting the hood...

oldlugs

Hey there, folks. I just brought my new '09 KR home yesterday, and while I love to open the hood, I'm a little concerned about dropping it to close.

What's the safest way to close the KR hood...? I'd hate to see stress cracks in the paint from doing it wrong.

Thanks for your input!

Duane

Welcome to the forum Duane! Post up some pics of your new ride!

I don't know if this is the right way, so I am subscribing, but what I have been doing is letting it down easy to the first catch, then gently pushing down on the curved edge (where I think it is the strongest) to get the final latch. It seems safer than dropping it from a foot or higher, but maybe I am wrong.

TXCobra is spot-on correct. Lower to 1st latch, then push down on the nose of the hood to catch the 2nd latch. That will also insure that the hood pins are lined through the holes too.

Do not drop the hood.

You have some sweet rides.... I have a black KR also and I Lower to 1st latch, then push down on the S H B Y letters (this seems to be a balanced area and it doesnt leave finger prints on your black hood)..... to catch the 2nd latch. Then I just lightly pull up on the hood to reassure its latched. finally the Hood pins... :)

Beautiful! Are your plans to drive it or keep it tucked away? I only ask because I see the stickers still on it.

Thanks...Uh...I'm DRIVING IT! I'm 49 now, so no sense in just putting it away. I need to play...

I told the dealer to leave all the stickers on so I could carefully take 'em off and keep 'em nice. I'll put all of them in a 3 ring binder inside of protective plastic.

Whomever ends up with it in the future (likely one of my kids) may appreciate that.

Archived