TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Canton Coolant Tank

Fordie

Have heard several guys say that the plastic coolant tank on Terlingua is a problem, and I just saw that Canton has released this new piece - hope it helps!

80-239 - ALUMINUM EXPANSION TANK FOR VORTECH / PAXTON S/C 05+ MUSTANG (80-239)

This tank is an aluminum replacement for the plastic tank that is used to relocate the coolant tank in Vortech and Paxton supercharger systems. Fits in the same location and mounts in the same way as the plastic tank that comes with the Vortech and Paxton systems, but offers the durability, heat resistance, and heat dissipation of aluminum. Tanks come matte, but can be polished for a custom show ready look.

www.cantonracingproducts.com

That tank along with the battery relocation tank for the intercooler will work wonders.

/orders

Btw: I spent a full day at TWS with my Terlingua yesterday and hammered the living hell out of the car. It took my abuse all day long without an issues and by the middle of the day was catching the Vettes and Cobra's in every corner :happy feet: We had 3 hours of track time and loved every minute of it.

"Btw: I spent a full day at TWS with my Terlingua yesterday and hammered the living hell out of the car. It took my abuse all day long without an issues and

by the middle of the day was catching the Vettes and Cobra's in every corner We had 3 hours of track time and loved every minute of it. "

Awesommme! :drool::drool::drool::shift:

So any off-roading - when does Jeff get the pics posted :hysterical:

Cheers, D&D

No pics, no video. Only went off road once when I missed my line by a foot on turn 3 @ 80mph. Ended up off track and airborne briefly then smashed the front fascia. Not that big of deal, car is scheduled to go into the body shop for the hail damage on Tuesday, so it was getting a new paint job anyways.

• 2 weeks later...
Have heard several guys say that the plastic coolant tank on Terlingua is a problem, and I just saw that Canton has released this new piece - hope it helps!

80-239 - ALUMINUM EXPANSION TANK FOR VORTECH / PAXTON S/C 05+ MUSTANG (80-239)

This tank is an aluminum replacement for the plastic tank that is used to relocate the coolant tank in Vortech and Paxton supercharger systems. Fits in the same location and mounts in the same way as the plastic tank that comes with the Vortech and Paxton systems, but offers the durability, heat resistance, and heat dissipation of aluminum. Tanks come matte, but can be polished for a custom show ready look.

www.cantonracingproducts.com

Do you know if the Shelby caps will still fit?

Do you know if the Shelby caps will still fit?

Yes they will. It uses the stock cap. I've already ordered my tank.

Yes they will. It uses the stock cap. I've already ordered my tank.

Does the tank have the same mounting in the front and the upper hose fitting? I see the 3 scrws at the rear of the tank but not sure about the front and the upper hose? Please let mw know as I want to replace this plastic tank.

Still waiting on the tank to arrive. Should be here this week and I'll have it in the Terlingua as soon as I get it back from the body shop. That hail damage did a number on my Terlingua :censored::cry:

Still waiting on my tank, but it doesn't matter much as the body shop told me it would be another 2 weeks like I predicted. Then we head to the dyno and not because of the tank...BWAHAHAHAHA! :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...

What Fontech said. I have a few other "mods" as well that will be shown in Vegas. I'm just keeping my mouth shut until we're done.

Canton Racing is right now on another lot of the tanks. They make 12 at a time. I should recieve mine in mid January. Too late for the Vegas Bash...

Tom

281 Motorsports just canceled my order. What the F*ck. Is this what you call customer service?

Tom

What was the story with this Tom? Has Canton stopped production?

Leann

No. Mine is shipping out next week so I'll be showing that off in Vegas if it arrives. We got the call from Canton today.

No. Mine is shipping out next week so I'll be showing that off in Vegas if it arrives. We got the call from Canton today.

I too received a call from Canton and they stated they are doing a run now and that the lot will not ship until mid January. There is only one person that will be receiving their tank and this tank is the one that was on display at PRI in Florida. Perhaps your the one?

Tom

I too received a call from Canton and they stated they are doing a run now and that the lot will not ship until mid January. There is only one person that will be receiving their tank and this tank is the one that was on display at PRI in Florida. Perhaps your the one?

Tom

Sorry to hear about your tank delay Tom. Not sure what is going on there, but you hang in there! See you again at the bash. :happy feet:

SPRSNK,

Could you please pic's of the front and back before you install the tank. I want to verify what connections are default on the Canton tanks.

Front of Tank

Bottom- Out with a C-Clamp

Top- In with A&N fitting

Bracket- Screw hole for one screw

Back of Tank

Bracket- Screw holes for three screws

I would like to Thank-you in advance for this...

Tom

There is only one person that will be receiving their tank and this tank is the one that was on display at PRI in Florida. Perhaps your the one?

Some of us have pull ;)

Jeff

Some of us have pull wink.gif

Jeff

You must have the pull. Are you a vender? If so, what is the price through you? I also need to another bung installed in the rear of the tank. What would the price be to add it? My mech has two in's (A&N Fittings) and one out (C-ClamP). My mech has closed his shop, so I can not have him add the additional bung.

Thanks,

Tom

Archived