TEAM SHELBY FORUM

good for a laugh...

MAJ MALFUNCTION

If Scott had provided some facts, or at least some evidence, it might be worth discussing. But he didn't. He just said, "Hey, Bill Ford is gone and now things will change. You'll see."

Uh, guys, it doesn't pass the sniff test. The GT500 is selling faster than they can be made. It's a regular Mustang with a big engine and slightly tweaked suspension. So why would Ford do anything but maintain or increase production?

The special parts for the car are hard to come by in mass numbers. For example the 6 speed tranny, and the supercharger. Heck they are out of rims now. :hysterical:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The special parts for the car are hard to come by in mass numbers. For example the 6 speed tranny, and the supercharger. Heck they are out of rims now. :hysterical:

The 1967 Shelby was a Mustang with some high performance parts and specs as well. I don't think much has changed in regards to the value of this car for those of us who love Shelby's.

Tranny & wheels & blower are difficult to get in large quantities, yes. Ford has committed to building 9,000 units per year for at least 2 years. They have commitments from suppliers for these years. The KR is a GT500.

Sorry, but I don't believe them. Yes, their reputation precedes them, and that's all the more reason for me to doubt what he's saying. I was going to go into this long diatribe about what I see in there as correct, etc, but I will hold my breath and count to ten. I'm just not buying it.

so wait..the shelby GT is going to be produced for 2 model yrs instead of the 1 yr 6000 production number? :stop:

One year for sure, the 2nd is a maybe, if it sells well. This doesn't effect the GT500 production either... :finger:

+1

and everyhing I've seen has the Bullitt witha 4.6L?

Rat-

thanks for your candor.

can you talk to scott and find out what the source is for this information?

really puts a black eye on your dealership if this is unsubstantiated...... comes accross as shameless fabrication for the purpose of increasing potential ADM.

not calling LONESTARFORD a liar.... just want to know where this comes from?

thanks

AUTO ALLIANCE INC

1 International Dr

Flat Rock, MI 48134

Drive: 3.5 mi (about 8 mins)

Head north on International Dr toward Vreeland Rd 33 ft

Turn right at Vreeland Rd 1.0 mi

Turn left at Allen Rd 2.0 mi

Turn left at W Rd 0.5 mi

To:

WOODHAVEN PLANT

20900 West Rd

Trenton, MI 48183

3.5 miles and 33 ft off.... from assembly....

However,I have been told from dealer reps and opc all GT 500s ship through woodhaven

and that the wixom facility has been closed and pending sale with a french company?

It seems some shipping contractors are reaping some serious cash within a few miles......

I even heard ford ships the gt 500 to a different location to add vinyl stripes? And then back to woodhaven.

Wait and see A. M's revised "way forward plan" dubbed "THE PLAN"..

It is very serious and will remove several model lines and blend some.

Your Mustang could end up being a V8 modified Vanquish before its all said and done....(thats an opinion, rat, relax...) Eitherway, if the info I have been given is false, then I would make me, rat and all dealers very very happy. However, it really wouldn't suprise me if Ford made this move on a limited production unit. I am guessing the only people making a profit on a GT 500 is the dealer.

I could be wrong, but it seems the margins to Ford are extremely limited.

Does anybody remember the tactics Ford used on several other limited Cobras?

Cutting production short, holding out model years........

AUTO ALLIANCE INC

1 International Dr

Flat Rock, MI 48134

Turn left at W Rd 0.5 mi

To:

WOODHAVEN PLANT

20900 West Rd

Trenton, MI 48183

However,I have been told from dealer reps and opc all GT 500s ship through woodhaven

and that the wixom facility has been closed and pending sale with a french company?

It seems some shipping contractors are reaping some serious cash within a few miles......

I even heard ford ships the gt 500 to a different location to add vinyl stripes? And then back to woodhaven.

Wait and see A. M's revised "way forward plan" dubbed "THE PLAN"..

It is very serious and will remove several model lines and blend some.

Your Mustang could end up being a V8 modified Vanquish before its all said and done....(thats an opinion, rat, relax...) Eitherway, if the info I have been given is false, then I would make me, rat and all dealers very very happy. However, it really wouldn't suprise me if Ford made this move on a limited production unit. I am guessing the only people making a profit on a GT 500 is the dealer.

I could be wrong, but it seems the margins to Ford are extremely limited.

Does anybody remember the tactics Ford used on several other limited Cobras?

Cutting production short, holding out model years........

very clever response (with the directions and everything). almost broke my side laughing.

you did not answer the question. who at Ford gave you this information? it seems to be just your opinion at this point. a simple question that you should be able to answer simply (if you have a real source).... and why is it that you and your dealership seem to be the only ones with this information?

Merry Christmas.

I would not be surprised to see Ford drop the SVT stuff at all. They are in trouble and I don't believe the GT500 is a money maker for them.

That said, I also believe Lonestar is trying too bump the ADM up by using this uncertainty to increase their own profit on this vehicle.

this is about what I (and others) on this board had expected.....

judging by your evasiveness... i believe that you are lying... unless you provide some real proof to substantiate what you've stated on the e-bay auction, you ought to take that statement out of your sales pitch.

you really perpetuate the image that you have established on this site....That is: Lonestar Ford will say anything to stick it to their customers. you have earned that reputation.

RAT- You seem like an honest guy. Can't you encourage your colleagues at LONESTAR to take away these false advertisements unless there is real proof?

to anyone on the board: are there any legal ramifications to "making" things up to raise the selling price? LAWDUDE...where are you? :sos:

Merry Christmas.

Listen closely to the homo/metrosexual cumputer guy on the ad. The 2007 model yr will be cut short and only produced for for one yr. This may happen if you say that there was to be 10K for the yr. and of corse the yr is only made for one yr. THen it will be a 2008 right?

In anycase while ford may undergo changes one of them will not be to quit making the hottest car on the market bar none. Tell me they will raise MSRP 15K and eliminate ADM and I may buy it but to suggest the company will stop making the car is foolish. I feel sorry for someone paying a premium based n this type of information.

Guys, I have gotten many many emails on this, and I am not sure I have any real info to add here, but that said, I don't think the 07 is the last year. The Gt500 is a great car and whether or not Ford is making money on it, the dealers certainly are. And Ford needs the dealers to stay Ford loyal, so if they are making money, the better.

The Gt500 is a great car on many levels, I will also note that if production was stopping, why would they run commercials for the gt500 on Football sundays? my opinion

I think you all need to step back and look at the info and all the sources, there are a ton of rumors out there. It could be that the car will not be made, but if that was the case then I am sure there would be better more public info. I have many friends who are dealers, they are better then their rep. That said, never believe anything till you here it from the horses mouth, ford.

you have no idea how many different things I here a day and even when memos are distributed, it's how they are interpeted, in this case, is it "year" or is it "model year"? is it "1" calendar year or "3" model years?

If your going to buy an 08, then go to your regular dealer and talk to him. or call the SVT line or hang out here and diseminate the real from the fake...... never panic.

On a last note, Merry Christmas!!

Amy

Ford has to be making money on these cars. A different motor is the biggest expense. Other than that, the body differences and suspension tweaks don't relate to a lot of money; nor do the interior differences IMO. These cars are $20,000. more than a GT. I can't see how Ford isn't making a nice profit.

Ford has to be making money on these cars. A different motor is the biggest expense. Other than that, the body differences and suspension tweaks don't relate to a lot of money; nor do the interior differences IMO. These cars are $20,000. more than a GT. I can't see how Ford isn't making a nice profit.

Fastbackman, I agree the engine is the biggest difference, but...

Any parts specific to the GT500 are relatively low production, which means all engineering and tooling costs must be spread out over a much lower base. In other words, if the tooling for the regular Mustang costs $500,000, and you build 250,000 "regular" Mustangs a year, that's only $2/car over 2 years. However, if you have the same cost in GT500 tooling, and divide by the roughly 20,000 GT500s made in a 2-year run, then you have $25/car. Granted, the tooling may cost less....hard to say...but I'm just presenting a fictitious example to illustrate the point.

There are other differences too...

Brembo brakes/rotors

6-speed Transmission

Security system ($325 option on GT Premium)

Wheel locking nuts ($50 option on GT Premium)

Front seat side mounted airbags ($380 option on GT Premium)

Electrochromic mirror with compass (part of an option package on GT Premium...let's say $200)

GT500-specific wheels

Supercar tires

Special exhaust with crosspipe

I'm sure I've left out some others

The GT Premium MSRP is $27,550 compared to about $41,000 for a GT500...so the premium is really ony $13,450. Take into account all the above items, and it might be that Ford is not making a higher margin on the GT500. Of course there's no way to know for sure....way too many variables. I just wanted to point out some things to consider.

The other thing to consider, yet hard to quantify, is the traffic the GT500 brings into the showroom. Five Oh B posted some time ago about many customers who come in to see the car, then realize they can't afford it, and end up buying Mustang GTs.

Dave

How many GT500's is Lonestar alloted??? Must be a butt load!!! They must be a big time Ford dealer to get so many.

Don't know about their "Actual" allottment.....But they were bidding and buying on e-bay all summer, may still be but bidder's ID are blocked now. They then turn around and sell them at their own dealership ! Kool Huh ?! :rant:

AUTO ALLIANCE INC

1 International Dr

Flat Rock, MI 48134

Turn left at W Rd 0.5 mi

To:

WOODHAVEN PLANT

20900 West Rd

Trenton, MI 48183

WHY on earth are you giving directions to a stamping plant?

And if Wixom has been closed why are they STILL building the TownCar there? HMmmm? :hysterical2:

Rat,

Can you shed some more light on this Lonestar post that was made today. It sure was'nt very professional the way he came across.

Rob

What lonestarfordinc is essentially saying, is that he thinks because of the recent changes in management and the "PLAN" as Allan Mulllaly calls it, everything is on the table and nothing is sacred. It is lonestarfordinc's (the individual, not the dealership) belief that the GT500 will end production at the end of calender year 2007.

This is not something I've personally looked into, however, taken as an opinion, which is what it is, you can certainly not rule out the possibility. But then again, I could just as easily come in here and say the GT500 is ending in March....or January....or whatever, and we could debate it.

The bottom line is there's no "inside" information suggesting any of it is true. So rest easy.

What lonestarfordinc is essentially saying, is that he thinks because of the recent changes in management and the "PLAN" as Allan Mulllaly calls it, everything is on the table and nothing is sacred. It is lonestarfordinc's (the individual, not the dealership) belief that the GT500 will end production at the end of calender year 2007.

This is not something I've personally looked into, however, taken as an opinion, which is what it is, you can certainly not rule out the possibility. But then again, I could just as easily come in here and say the GT500 is ending in March....or January....or whatever, and we could debate it.

The bottom line is there's no "inside" information suggesting any of it is true. So rest easy.

I will rest easy Rat.

I just do not understand or agree that a person in a Ford Management position should make such bold statements to the public when they are just "opinions" as you put it. This shows an incredible lack of integrity for the company that you work for. Of course this in only my opinion. ;)

here is what I am hearing on lonestars ebay listing

the sound bite is very clear.

"The 2007 Ford GT 500 Shelby Mustang Production has been cut short & will only be produced for 2007 Model year"

This totally contradicts his above statement.

This sound bite clearly says when the current 2007 model year shelby stops in what april, may or? That means no more GT500's

How much more misleading could you possibly make it?

If FORD had any intent whatsoever to stop production after 2007 Model year they would NOT have added a steering/suspension change and also went through big expense to add the Navigation system.

"The 2007 Ford GT 500 Shelby Mustang Production has been cut short & will only be produced for 2007 Model year"

This sound bite clearly says when the current 2007 model year shelby stops in what april, may or? That means no more GT500's

If FORD had any intent whatsoever to stop production after 2007 Model year they would NOT have added a steering/suspension change and also went through big expense to add the Navigation system.

Could you tell me about the steering and Susp. change. Is it Job #2.

Production is scheduled thru march / April for 07 MY per my zone Rep.

Spin at it's very best. Of course the 2007 Shelby production will be produced for the 2007 model year. And 2008 Shelby production will last for the 2008 model year. I doubt they would make the 2007 during the 2008 model year :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

The 2007 MY on the shelby at fmcdealer.com states the final job is TBD for 2007. I can post it, but its a pdf.

I could not find any other info there on a 2008, but the marketing statement Rat posted earlier.

Navigation could be added to any vehicle just like swapping head units. Its a Pioneer deck and it is the same one built for a Range Rover. Its awesome. And all of those mods, like the suspension, steering and powertrain are added in the same time it takes to build a V6 Mustang....

As I said before, I hope the GT 500s are built forever and I hope my source is incorrect. Rat and I are still having seperation anxiety from the end of GT (40) coupes :cry: .

Also, I found this from Ford about the Shelby GT (i dont know if it is a repost):

: All Ford Dealers

Subject: EFC0601263DC Shelby GT Final Pricing

This letter is a supplement to the communication "2007 Shelby GT Mustang - Information", dated December 4, 2006, and confirms final pricing components for Shelby GT. Please refer to the highlighted updates in the Shelby Automobiles Incorporated section below, in this excerpt from the original communication. Additionally, a Final Pricing Example is provided below.

Excerpt

Question: How will I be billed for the Shelby GT MUSTANG?

Answer –

Ford Motor Company:

(First billing) on the invoice for the package:

The dealer will be billed for the Mustang GT and 54U option code order amount through their normal floorplan source (the same as any other Mustang that comes from Ford).

54U option (Shelby GT Upfitter's Package) will show on the window sticker and be priced at:

Automatic transmission $2,040 MSRP (Note: $1,713 WSD)

Manual transmission $2,140 MSRP (Note: $1,797 WSD)

Shelby Automobiles Incorporated:

(Second Billing) For the SAI conversion - Charged to Parts Statement

Upon being "Gate Released" from AAI, the Dealership "Parts Statement" will receive a single charge for conversion at Shelby in Las Vegas. This charge will include $7,390 for all Shelby-installed parts, labor, and shipping. Additionally, a gas guzzler tax of $1,000 will be charged.

Initial charges will begin in January 2007

Charge will appear under the "Miscellaneous" section of the Parts Statement as a separate line item, and will include the vehicle I.D./ Contact Number/ Total Billing

Final Pricing Example:

Base Mustang GT Deluxe (manual)

$26,440* (billed to normal floorplan source)

54U Upfitter's Package

$2,140 (billed to normal floorplan source)

Shelby Automobiles, Inc

$7,390 (billed to dealer Parts Statement - Misc)

MSRP of delivered Shelby GT (Subtotal):

$35,970

Gas Guzzler Tax

$1,000 (billed to dealer Parts Statement – Misc)

Total MSRP (incl gas guzzler tax)

$36,970

* effective December 26, 2006

Archived