TEAM SHELBY FORUM

good for a laugh...

MAJ MALFUNCTION

STEP #1: click on the link below to an ebay advertised GT500

STEP #2: click on the talking guy at the bottom left of the page

STEP #3: try to control your laughter as he tells you that the GT500 production run has been cut short blah-blah-blah

%@!#$%ing dealers

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustan...066072653QQrdZ1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only other rumor or info that would be remotely be related to this was on this forum and was about ending production in Feb. 2008. I can't remember who posted it or where it came from, but it's in the bowels here somewhere. If I remember correctly it was discussed for a day or two and written off.

I just don't see Ford releasing this information just to one dealer

Hey Grabber, Cousin Lenny might know!!

Lutzcat

The only other rumor or info that would be remotely be related to this was on this forum and was about ending production in Feb. 2008. I can't remember who posted it or where it came from, but it's in the bowels here somewhere. If I remember correctly it was discussed for a day or two and written off.

I just don't see Ford releasing this information just to one dealer

Hey Grabber, Cousin Lenny might know!!

Lutzcat

I wonder if we could get cousin Lenny to sign up here, so we could get the info straight from him. No watered down stuff.

If some remote possibility this is true, which I highly doubt, I wonder if we could do a group buy on those plastic time capsules to encase our beloved babies. The ADMs would skyrocket!! We had the Internet bubble, the housing bubble, time for a Shelby bubble? Six figures by summer I would expect.

Damn, I'm bored!!!!!

Lutzcat

If some remote possibility this is true, which I highly doubt, I wonder if we could do a group buy on those plastic time capsules to encase our beloved babies. The ADMs would skyrocket!! We had the Internet bubble, the housing bubble, time for a Shelby bubble? Six figures by summer I would expect.

Damn, I'm bored!!!!!

Lutzcat

Lutzcat, On Nov. 22 the NW zone rep sent me this info on production. This is the e-mail:

As far as I know, nothing has changed......all 2007 Shelby orders will be built before the end of the 2007 'model' year, not 'calendar' year. We have production planned thru March/April 2007 for '07 model year Shelbys.

I just sent Rat a PM to bring this thread to his attention. He is a late night poster so give him some time.

Grabber.

(Got the PM, thanks for the heads-up)

Oh, you guys aren't nearly as riled up as I thought you'd be. The announcement by our talking head in the auction was brought to my attention this morning by an irrate eBayer - Scott creates the GT500 auctions, so I was not aware of it until this morning.

Since I prefer to deal in facts rather than speculation, I will quote an official message from September 2006:

"September 27, 2006

To: Certified Ford Dealer Principals and Sales Managers

Subject: Shelby GT500 Mustang Update

The purpose of this communication is to provide a Shelby GT500 Mustang update for certified dealers.

Certification Payments

Per Shelby certification agreement, allocation of one Shelby GT500 unit for both 2007 and 2008 model years is provided to the dealer, along with related marketing material and online sales training, for a fee of $1,500. "

It goes on to say more administrative BS, but it seems pretty clear to me that production will continue for 2007 AND 2008 model years at least - after 2008 is anyone's guess. I have not seen any communication to the contrary since, and I would think that would be pretty Earth shattering news (in the Mustang world).

I am not going to hold myself out as the final authority on this either. Maybe some of our other dealer buddies can chime in?

Wow. I'm floored.

I've thought the bashing of Lonestar around here has been unjustified. They've just been getting what the market will bear and seem like pretty smart players to me.

Then this. I CANNOT think of a scenario under which the GT500 would not be produced for all of 2007 and through 2008. Unless Lonestar can provide some support for this, then I say I am wrong about Lonestar and I now find them beyond pathetic.

Rat...you seem like a good guy. Unless Lonestar can support its claims, I would book on out of there if I were you. I've been involved in many partnerships in my time, and my one regret is not leaving the bad ones the moment I knew my partner was bad.

Similarly, the best advice I've received is from a friend who told me that the day I should fire someone is the first day I think about firing them. The same holds true for partners and employers. Get rid of them while the getting is good.

Well, I'm not in a position to fire anyone (except myself). Scott (lonestarfordinc) calls me a "loyalist" because I'm NEVER on his side when it comes to things like this.

Sometimes he leaves me speechless - this would be one of those times.

I told you that you were going to need some good luck. Keep your head up brother.

1 model year means this year and 2007. People have interpreted this as 2 years.

Because or Ford's financial changes in the "way forward" plan,

the GT500 will be produced until the end of 2007. However, the Shelby

GT will be produced for 2 model years. But, in 2008 there will be

several new mustangs ranging from the Boss, Bullitt and KR featuring

the new niche 5.4 motor.

Original estimates on gt 500 production were developed with no shelby gt in mind

and the wixom facility being used. Also, Bill Ford was still ceo at that point.

The Wixom facility has since been closed and the GT 500 is being built

at the Woodhaven facility by auto alliance which is a joint venture

with mazda.

While many enthusiast and current ford employees may disagree, hold on

to this email

come march 2007 and you will see the face of Ford vastly changed in

size, production

and style.

Respectfully,

Scott Stubbs

the new niche 5.4 motor.

Original estimates on gt 500 production were developed with no shelby gt in mind

with mazda.

to this email

size, production

and style.

Respectfully,

Scott Stubbs

:redcard::redcard:

Wow, just Wow. I don't believe it, one year run? No way.

:headspin:I am like everyone else on these forums when it comes to knowing what the future holds for Ford: Clueless

But I do know that the American companies have figured out that performance sells and until the Feds make them stop we will have high horsepower exciting products coming out no matter what they are named. The next ones may be even more sought after than our GT500's. This I know, I love my car and if you want one, search till you find it you won't be disappointed in the car.

If Scott had provided some facts, or at least some evidence, it might be worth discussing. But he didn't. He just said, "Hey, Bill Ford is gone and now things will change. You'll see."

Uh, guys, it doesn't pass the sniff test. The GT500 is selling faster than they can be made. It's a regular Mustang with a big engine and slightly tweaked suspension. So why would Ford do anything but maintain or increase production?

the new niche 5.4 motor.

with mazda.

to this email

size, production

and style.

Respectfully,

Scott Stubbs

Very interesting....makes you wonder

Woodhaven... LMAO!!!!! Thats a stamping plant FFS! LOL!!!!

Wixom closed? LMAO!!!!!!! No it is'nt!

The only other Mustang coming in 08 is the BULLITT.

+1

and everyhing I've seen has the Bullitt witha 4.6L?

Rat-

thanks for your candor.

can you talk to scott and find out what the source is for this information?

really puts a black eye on your dealership if this is unsubstantiated...... comes accross as shameless fabrication for the purpose of increasing potential ADM.

not calling LONESTARFORD a liar.... just want to know where this comes from?

thanks

Archived