TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Weatherstip for 1987 CSX

Cougar1969

Anyone know where I can get the proper weatherstripping for the doors on my 87 CSX?

Mainly the belt line and around the windows....

Brian.

Cougar1969, Welcome to the Team Shelby forums. Glad you found us.

That window weatherstriping for the 1987-89 CSX cars is one of the hardest parts to find. Chrysler hasn't stocked it in years and no reproduction company will take it on because of the low demand.

You are basically forced to walk junkyards hoping that one day you'll luck out and find a 1987-89 Dodge Shadow ES with the trim still useable. This could take years of looking as finding these 20 year old cars in the junkyard is now getting difficult.

Keep in mind that some of the P bodies used a chrome/polished version of the same trim so if you find a decent chrome set you can paint them black to match the CSX trim.

If it makes things any better you're not alone. That weatherstripping must not have had any UV protection when produced since they all crack and fall apart unless the car has spent most of its life inside.

I guess this is just part of the fun of restoring such rare cars with very little aftermarket support.

Good luck

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Steve,

I was afraid you were going to say that......

Looking closely at the beltline weatherstip, it seems like it is stapled on to the trim. I have a 88 Shadow parts car that I am going to take its trim off the doors and try my hand at making my own. Will post pics if it works....may take a while since I am in the process of doing some major front end work on the car.

Thanks for your input.

Brian.

Steve,

I was afraid you were going to say that......

Looking closely at the beltline weatherstip, it seems like it is stapled on to the trim. I have a 88 Shadow parts car that I am going to take its trim off the doors and try my hand at making my own. Will post pics if it works....may take a while since I am in the process of doing some major front end work on the car.

Thanks for your input.

Brian.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

The regular Shadow rubber trim isn't stapled on like the ES/CSX trim. I remember looking at that option before but from what I remember it wasn't doable but I didn't spend much time trying to make it work. Perhaps you can sort it out.

Archived