TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rail Road Question

yrrej48

My GT500 is arriving at the Kansas City mixinng facility on 12/24. It came from Flat Rock to KC on Norfolk Southern RR. At KC it has to change to BSNF RR for the remainder of the rail trip to Amarillo Texas. My question is do all the rail roads share the same mixing facility in KC? Who operates the mixing facility, Ford or the rail roads, and which railroad. After the trouble with getting it out of Flat Rock, another long story, I don't want to get lost in Kansas

:sos:

My GT500 is arriving at the Kansas City mixinng facility on 12/24. It came from Flat Rock to KC on Norfolk Southern RR. At KC it has to change to BSNF RR for the remainder of the rail trip to Amarillo Texas. My question is do all the rail roads share the same mixing facility in KC? Who operates the mixing facility, Ford or the rail roads, and which railroad. After the trouble with getting it out of Flat Rock, another long story, I don't want to get lost in Kansas

:sos:

sent you a PM

I'm new at all of this. How do you track your car? My dealer has no clue where mine is. They assume it's still in Michigan... :cry:

Call Ford Customer Service at

Customer Service:

800-392-3673

Choose option 4, then1, then 2, then give the analyst your VIN

They will give you a status. Read the FAQ sticky in the New Arrivals area for more info.

Welcome to the forum ShelbyGal

Dave

your car will be unloaded very soon. a spot it will be parked in is picked out. its now on its way down the ramp to...............

your dealer should be notified sometime today

I will let you know as soon as its unloaded

Thanks for all the help. I went to the dealer, which is across the street from my car lot, about 2 pm my time and we called the transportation company in Amarillo. It was unloaded and he told us it would be on a truck this afternoon and here tomorrow. It may be really happening, it better I paid them for it today!! ONE MORE DAY.

:happy feet: :banana piano:

Thanks Dave!!

Funny how I can find out more than my dealer! I was told it's been shipped and should be here "any day." I'll believe it when it's in my garage!

Karen

I don't beleive anything the dealer says anymore. They have access to the info but can't be bothered checking

Did you sleep last night Jerry? :hysterical2:

I took a couple of tylenol pm's and slept good. I saw the truck pull up at 9:30, walked across the street and took pictures. When it came off the truck I drove it to service for the pdi. Has 9.1 miles. I have it in my shop now, I want to remove all the plastic and clean it myself. Now the bad news, it rains 4 days a year in West Texas, and it is pouring rain today. I can't drive it. Suppose to clear up this afternoon.

I took a couple of tylenol pm's and slept good. I saw the truck pull up at 9:30, walked across the street and took pictures. When it came off the truck I drove it to service for the pdi. Has 9.1 miles. I have it in my shop now, I want to remove all the plastic and clean it myself. Now the bad news, it rains 4 days a year in West Texas, and it is pouring rain today. I can't drive it. Suppose to clear up this afternoon.

you'll love it, drive it hard and drive it often; mine has 500 miles in the first 6 days :happy feet:

Get your railcar number from Ford Customer Service and PM FastBackMan. He should be able to track it for you.

Ford sucks! Told me to call my dealer. My vehicle status is... it's been released from the plant and has an estimated arrival date of 12-13. No rail car number, nothing! Of course I knew all this stuff when I left a deposit on Dec 4. Guess it's just a waiting game... :cry:

Ford sucks! Told me to call my dealer. My vehicle status is... it's been released from the plant and has an estimated arrival date of 12-13. No rail car number, nothing! Of course I knew all this stuff when I left a deposit on Dec 4. Guess it's just a waiting game... :cry:

...soon, but yea, the waiting sucks. 24 hours after you get it tho, you will never ever think about the waiting again :happy feet: :happy feet:

Yes, I am in the same boat. Getting the rail car number is not easy sometimes. There was even one guy who got his car...and CS told him it wasn't even released yet. :hysterical:

I have a sneaky feeling that many people are now awaiting the changing out of brake cables from the quality hold.

Dave

Archived