TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Shelby GT350

You guys are all nuts! There wont be a GT350, :talkhand: All they hype you guys spread :headscratch:

Amy, show me first!

:hysterical:

What, you want to see the diecast size with that font?

*(if they build the diecast) :hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...

Word is the Shelby GT350 will be unveiled at the Detroit NAIAS in January!

I was just at SAI in Vegas and was told that there was going to be a VERY IMPORTANT announcement made on January 18th.

I told my source that the 'rumor' is of a GT350.

I was told "I can neither confirm or deny any rumors".

I was also told that the 2011 GT500 IS going to have a Alumiunum 5.4L engine and that Shelby is ramping up for the new 5.0L engine.

Make of it what you may,

Phill Pollard

Just an FYI, a 45th, would be calendar year, not model year

LOL....I like the way Amy dances. (BIG GRIN)

Phill Pollard

Yeah Phil...a 5.0 pushing over 500 HP to be exact....IF they make it!

Could be white/blue stripe only too...perhaps a Mustang GT 5.0 sent to SAI for a conversion of some kind...but thats just pure speculation! :hysterical:

Just remember, the 350 and the 500 in GT350 and GT500 do *not* represent the Horsepower rating of the respective cars.

I wonder how many feet it is from the current Shelby Showroom to the building across the parking lot? I'd estimate...hmm, about 350 feet?

Just remember.....

Phill Pollard

Just remember, the 350 and the 500 in GT350 and GT500 do *not* represent the Horsepower rating of the respective cars.

I wonder how many feet it is from the current Shelby Showroom to the building across the parking lot? I'd estimate...hmm, about 350 feet?

Just remember.....

Phill Pollard

Yeah Phil, I know...Ive been exposed to pretty much all the stories and trivia...but I stand by my theory...the 2011 5.0 is rated at 415+- HP, and I am sure they wouldnt build it without some sort of blower...so that is where I get 500+ HP....besides a stock GT500 ranges between 400-460 HP anyways...

On the other hand, with as big as people are getting these days, maybe they should do a GT1000... :hysterical:

Archived