TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Install power passenger seat in gt500

victorc

Does anyone know if the harness connectors are under the passenger seat to convert it to a power seat? My wife wants to be able to sit higher in the car.

The power is missing so you have to add it. Here is a thread on how it can be done. Problem with passenger seat upgrade to electric, Can anyone offer some advice

Does anyone know if the harness connectors are under the passenger seat to convert it to a power seat? My wife wants to be able to sit higher in the car.

Beyond the list of parts listed in the topic, you will need to install two wires, same gage as the one on the new wiring. Based on the GT wiring diagram:

The ground is located behind the passenger kick panel, close to the lower dash, several ground wires are attached there already.

Power is available at the fuse box, below the fuse 14 and 15 that are there. The unused flat blade connector below is passenger seat power. The large flat blade connector is similar to old fashion headlight connectors, so I used one from a donor car and it does the trick to connect the power wire. Route the power wire to the inside thru the firewall, then follow the passenger seat wiring routing.

To get a clean connection below the seat, not having OEM type connectors, the 2 wires powering the seat were cut at the connector of the new wiring and a new 2 plug large connector was created.

All this is an afternoon job.

Archived