TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Baby Got Hurt!

I was driving the Shelby to work today, as I often do when I work off-site, when I heard something BIG and LOUD hit the driver's side of my car - near the windshield, it sounded like.

Get home today and find this!

I'm taking it to the body shop now to get an estimate. Little dings from rocks I can handle. This? This cannot stand! :banghead:

IMG_1187_SM.jpg

IMG_1190_SM.jpg

IMG_1187_SM.jpg

IMG_1190_SM.jpg

Holy :censored: good thing it did not bounce off and hit the windshield as well.

I feel your pain, I was 10 miles leaving my dealership when another Mustang threw up a rock and hit my windshield, wasnt too bad but it did leave a small crack. Any $85 to repair it.

Well, she's sitting at Complete Auto Body in Waldorf, MD. Same shop that painted my side scoops and re-painted the passenger-side fender when it was damaged at my dealer. These guys are GOOD!

Estimate is $331, including removal of the cobra emblem (they don't think they have to go as far as the GT500 side stripe). They'll re-paint and re-clear it, and blend the surrounding paint on the fender and hood. Based on the work they did on the other side, I know it'll come out flawless. The owner saw me come in and had a shocked look on his face - "AGAIN?!?" We chatted for a while - he's a car guy too, so he knows how to take good care of the car.

Should have it back Monday or Tuesday. They'll keep her locked in the garage over the weekend. And if it's anything like last time, they'll wash her for me, too! :happy feet:

I don't quite know what it was that flew up at me, but it looked almost like a block of wood. Maybe with an big ol' nail in it, apparently!

As soon as she's home, I can start prepping for my FRPP Handling Pack - she'll need a pick-me-up after her ordeal!!! :shift:

Bummer Mad Man ! Sorry to hear about one of the "Twins" :banghead: I had run in with a deer about a year ago and it was no fun. Looks like you'll be good to go soon.

Your "Twin"

A deer?!? That couldn't have been good!!! How much damage was there? Was this before or after Dearborn last year?

Stuff happens. My car was keyed about six months ago. Fortunately, it was only on my quarter panel and door. It could have been worse, the entire length of my car could have been damaged but was not. I don't know which is worse, to "run" into something or getting keyed....

OUCH..................oh man that stinks. I had a rock fly up and get me on the left fender. I could see it flying towards me just before it hit. Noooooooooooooo bang. :banghead:

Had that happen as well. It bounced off the hood then hit the windshield. Yup I am sporting a new windshield. It is very clean however.

I dont think anyone out there has had as much bad luck, especially with new vehicles as me, but read on and you can see for yourself

Brand new 2005 E350, black, diesel van: 2 days old, i parked it in, suposedly upscale, residential neighborhood in Brroklyn (mom's house) and when i went to it the next morning, someone had thrown eggs all over it. Kinda typical haloween in Brooklyn. Cleaned it, and parked it at a friend's outdoor (but fenced) parking lot. Next day there were people working on a building next door, and my van was covered with stucco. Also typical Brooklyn-dont give a crap- behavior. To make long story short, within a year my beautifful work horse was keyed on 2 sides and back, 2 tires were slashed, and it was also also graffity by a neighbor's 15 year old son. I caught him doing it one night and when i confronted his parents, they said "hey you know how kids are these days. we will pay for it" Also typical Brooklyn parenting!!!

Also in the 4 years of ownership so far, i have replaced 3 windshields, form rocks flying on the highway while i was commuting everyday from PA to NY. It has few scuff marks, all yellow color,from taxi cabs in NYC- thats typical NYC behavior-but thats the nature of the beast for a working vehicle.

Brand new 2008 F350, black, diesel, dually: 2 weeks old, i actually saw a nice size rock flying slow motion towards me, while i was on the highway. It hit the roof, broke one of the lights up on top, and made a huge dent in the surrounding area. So far changed only one windshield on that truck.

Brand new 2009, black van: 1 month old, a passenger in a taxi cab in NYC actually wedged his door, trying to get out, against my rear quarter panel. Big scrape there. Las week a young girl, rearended me and while crying, she said it was her dad's foult. when i asked why, she said "he promised to buy me new tires and he never did"!!!!!!! Any way i still have the original windshield on that truck, lol

Brand new, 2009 shelby GT500: Small scratch on the rear difuser, really small knick on the hood, and a small mostly on clear coat, scuff mark on the passenger side fender. They are all really minor and you have to look really hard to notice, them, but still...WTF!!!!!

Im not even gonna mention the wife's minivan, but i can tell you that, the dealership, glass company, and bodyshop they use, they all love me, lol.....

How's that for luck huh???

A deer?!? That couldn't have been good!!! How much damage was there? Was this before or after Dearborn last year?

It was in late June....Caught the front fender, front facia,a little hood damage, door dings and some scrapes along the side. It was a NO fun couple weeks, but you get over it. Sounds like your car will be just fine.

I think if the car hadn't been damaged and repaired by this same shop earlier this year I'd be a lot more livid. Seeing what an awesome job these guys do, and how great they care for my car, makes me feel just fine.

The owner also said he can paint and clear the over-the-top stripes for less than $2K whenever I'm ready. Interestingly, he recommended NOT painting the side stripes, because no matter how good they are, they can't get the "GT500" lettering to match perfectly. I'm inclined to agree!

So, this year my play money goes to the Handling Pack. Next year - stripe painting! :happy feet:

Stuff happens. My car was keyed about six months ago. Fortunately, it was only on my quarter panel and door. It could have been worse, the entire length of my car could have been damaged but was not. I don't know which is worse, to "run" into something or getting keyed....

Keyed is worse because someone did that intentionaly. A person tried to inflict damage upon your baby. An accident is many times unavoidable.

Getting keyed is way worse IMO.

I dont think anyone out there has had as much bad luck, especially with new vehicles as me, but read on and you can see for yourself

Brand new 2005 E350, black, diesel van: 2 days old, i parked it in, suposedly upscale, residential neighborhood in Brroklyn (mom's house) and when i went to it the next morning, someone had thrown eggs all over it. Kinda typical haloween in Brooklyn. Cleaned it, and parked it at a friend's outdoor (but fenced) parking lot. Next day there were people working on a building next door, and my van was covered with stucco. Also typical Brooklyn-dont give a crap- behavior. To make long story short, within a year my beautifful work horse was keyed on 2 sides and back, 2 tires were slashed, and it was also also graffity by a neighbor's 15 year old son. I caught him doing it one night and when i confronted his parents, they said "hey you know how kids are these days. we will pay for it" Also typical Brooklyn parenting!!!

Also in the 4 years of ownership so far, i have replaced 3 windshields, form rocks flying on the highway while i was commuting everyday from PA to NY. It has few scuff marks, all yellow color,from taxi cabs in NYC- thats typical NYC behavior-but thats the nature of the beast for a working vehicle.

Brand new 2008 F350, black, diesel, dually: 2 weeks old, i actually saw a nice size rock flying slow motion towards me, while i was on the highway. It hit the roof, broke one of the lights up on top, and made a huge dent in the surrounding area. So far changed only one windshield on that truck.

Brand new 2009, black van: 1 month old, a passenger in a taxi cab in NYC actually wedged his door, trying to get out, against my rear quarter panel. Big scrape there. Las week a young girl, rearended me and while crying, she said it was her dad's foult. when i asked why, she said "he promised to buy me new tires and he never did"!!!!!!! Any way i still have the original windshield on that truck, lol

Brand new, 2009 shelby GT500: Small scratch on the rear difuser, really small knick on the hood, and a small mostly on clear coat, scuff mark on the passenger side fender. They are all really minor and you have to look really hard to notice, them, but still...WTF!!!!!

Im not even gonna mention the wife's minivan, but i can tell you that, the dealership, glass company, and bodyshop they use, they all love me, lol.....

How's that for luck huh???

I think black is unlucky for you.... Buy Red!!

I think black is unlucky for you.... Buy Red!!

Lol...wife's minivan IS red. Changed 1 windshield, passenger side mirror, and it was rearended twice!!

OMG. After reading your post I'm super paranoid about my car. Yikes. Sorry you had that much bad luck.

I was real paranoid at the begining, but not anymore. Got used to it i guess lol.....word of advice, never take your car to NY! My Shelby has seen Brooklyn once and it was for about 10minutes :shift:

By the way, the 2009 E250 just got done. I'm picking it up from the body shop today. Damage was $1,500 covered by the other persons insurance. Out of all the insurance company's i've delt with, Geico was the fastest. They had a check out within 3 days of the accident, and unlike others, all parts replaced was original, not aftermarket.

I was driving the Shelby to work today, as I often do when I work off-site, when I heard something BIG and LOUD hit the driver's side of my car - near the windshield, it sounded like.

Get home today and find this!

I'm taking it to the body shop now to get an estimate. Little dings from rocks I can handle. This? This cannot stand! :banghead:

:censored::banghead: Sorry to hear about this....

OUCH ..... thats my biggest concern too ... since my shelby is my every day driver too.

Luckily nothing to bad has happened to mine

"Im not even gonna mention the wife's minivan, but i can tell you that, the dealership, glass company, and bodyshop they use, they all love me, lol...."

:lol:

My wife drove a minivan when our kids were younger. It seems like I had that van at the body shop at least once a year. One time she had TWO mishaps in the same day. She knew that I would be pissed so she waited till we were in a very public place (a recital for one of our children) before she leaned over and mentioned the fender benders to me. I did not say a word, but simply walked out and paced the parking lot for about 15 minutes till I was calm enough to rejoin the recital. It was not funny at the time but I have to admit that it was a little comical in hind sight! :shrug:

She's fixed! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Once again, yet another amazing job by Complete Auto Body and Service Center in Waldorf, MD! They even washed her for me - no swirl marks! :happy feet:

I'm taking her to work tomorrow to celebrate. Let's hope there are no more large objects in our future!!!

IMG_1193_SM.jpg

IMG_1194_SM.jpg

IMG_1195_SM.jpg

IMG_1193_SM.jpg

IMG_1194_SM.jpg

IMG_1195_SM.jpg

Archived