TEAM SHELBY FORUM

tallwelder

Hi everyone, just registered today and wanted to thank all who have contributed to this forum.

I have owned My SD #720 since 89, it now has 115,000 miles and is in need of lots of tlc.

It is currently being painted the original color red. Hopefully I can find some fabric to have the seats and door panels redone.

Any suggestions will be welcomed.

T-W, Welcome to the TS forums. Glad you found us.

Wow another Shelby Dakota owner amongst and an original owner. Too cool.

The Shelby fabric is pretty difficult to come across. Most people just reuse the Shelby fabric when the seats are recovered unless the fabric has tears or burn holes. The Bordeaux velour fabric is available from most upholstery shops.

Post some pics when you get a chance and keep us updated on the restoration.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

No real progress to report yet but a question instead.

Where do I find the paint code on My SD? My painter looked everywhere with no luck.

Maybe You can just tell Me what it is for the red exterior paint or where the code is hidden, My painter is no spring chicken and is mystified!?

Thanks for any help with this,

Carl

Where do I find the paint code on My SD? My painter looked everywhere with no luck.

Maybe You can just tell Me what it is for the red exterior paint or where the code is hidden, My painter is no spring chicken and is mystified!?

Carl

I found my data plate under the carpet under the passenger seat towards the rear rivited to the floor pan.

Bob

Carl

The paint code is PR1 and the color is called Exotic Red.

You will find this code on the data plate which is mounted under the carpet of the tire jack compartment, located behind the seat. This means you need to remove the black plastic jack cover, then loosen and remove the tire rack from its mount and finally you will see a slit in the carpet that you can peel back and hooray you have found the data plaque.

And no I have no clue as why it's mounted in such a hidden place. Just one of those Chrysler things.

Steve

Thanks for the replies and the exact information I needed.

Now to find the fabric or the seat covers :headscratch:

Other items Iam looking for:

Dash pad

Black plastic bezel that goes around radio, heater controls and gauges

Drivers side arm rest

I would like to purchase actual Dodge parts that are new, probably wishful thinking right?

Carl

Archived