TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Mustang GT plus add on's

1970boss302

For those people who have had it with the list price mark up by Ford dealers.

Try buying a Ford Mustang GT and get some of your own add on's .

There are plenty of places Rouch, Saleen, etc. were you can dress up the car

and you don't have to remortage your house to do it. These cars are very nice

looking and who knows what the future holds for those buying the marked up

Shelby GT500's and GT's.

Sorry - Boss302 - I guess you haven't searched around the site and seen my thread.

I agree completely.

My thread takes you with me as I searched and learned and decided on what to change on the car. I hope it gives you some ideas.

Ruf -

Merry Christmas - you hear? :shift:

For those people who have had it with the list price mark up by Ford dealers.

Try buying a Ford Mustang GT and get some of your own add on's .

There are plenty of places Rouch, Saleen, etc. were you can dress up the car

and you don't have to remortage your house to do it. These cars are very nice

looking and who knows what the future holds for those buying the marked up

Shelby GT500's and GT's.

Well, it all depends on who your salesman is...ahem. If, for instance, you were to get a fellow Mustanger as your salesman, you could get a GT that MSRP's at $29,000 for under $30k with the following mods:

1. WMS CAI (the only one I recommend)

2. Ford Racing mufflers (or any other set)

3. Lowering springs

4. Strut tower brace

5. Adj upper control arm (mandatory in my opinion)

6. Hurst short throw (manual trannies)

7. Custom tune on dyno w/programmer (yours to keep of course)

Naturally you could still do it yourself for less, but if you don't have the time or skills, or you prefer the convenience of being able to roll all of it into your financed amount, going with a dealer can work out nicely as long as they have a source that does a good job.

I recently did a GT/CS convertible with items 1,2,5,7 and a light bar for under the original MSRP. It gained 30 hp at the wheels. Because I'm sympathetic to the "cause" (a fact that my boss reminds me of frequently) I don't try to rape people on these things. We've done quite a few others including Cervini's with and without super chargers, and several FORD GT's putting out over 700 rwhp.

Thanks, Joe!

You're absolutely correct, my man.

Some people are never satisfied.

I set a budget for my car - and worked hard to get a balance of style and power.

It's not the quickest by any means - but I can make the payments and it's original. (and it will give most C6's some pause)

And - it has ENOUGH HORSEPOWER for me!

I need to buy other things - like shoes and underwear and food! :hysterical2:

In my next life, I'm going to make more money. :doh:

Hey ruf, reading your sig again now that I am getting close to upgrading some things, seems like you never messed with the "cats". I have read in other mags and such that aftermarket ones such as Basani which are high flow add some ponies...... Or if you live in a state like me without an inspection, go with the cat delete and X-pipe along with the axle back. Just wondering, because I am considering high flow Basani cats along with their X pipe and mufflers, basically basani from the "header" back to the muffler. Not cheap, but I have heard that it gains some power over the stock cats and H pipe set up. Just wondering also, I am considering the BBK 62mm throttle body to go with my cold air kit. Did that seem to gain anything in hp or feel from the different throttle body? I have seen people claim 8-10hp with that throttle body upgrade. Might be worth it for the $299, along with the cold air kit and exhaust and predator tune, I should far enough over 300 at the wheels to make me happy. That stuff comes in at from $1000 - $1500, depending on the place to buy it. Might be worth it to get the 300+ at the wheels. Just wondering what you think since you have done a lot of the research already. Thanks. Keep in mind that I am the mechanic, so I don't think I will crack the engine until I get about 50,000 miles and nothing is under warranty anymore. My upgrades could easily be switched back in the event of any trouble. Now I am rambling,,,,oh well, Thong Out.

:hysterical2: Leave it to the man with a thread of his listing his many screen names to pick up on ONE WORD. :hysterical2:

I'll spare y'all from the "T" pic!

Yamahar - all the techs I talked to said not to bother with x-pipes or such. Not worth the cost.

I didn't do the dyno pull/tune until all the mods were in place, so I can't say how much any of them gained hp individually.

I probably should have gone long tubes instead of shorty headers.

Other than that, I'm pleased with the results.

About $34k all totaled up - including the car and all the mods.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

:hysterical2: Leave it to the man with a thread of his listing his many screen names to pick up on ONE WORD. :hysterical2:

I'll spare y'all from the "T" pic!

Yamahar - all the techs I talked to said not to bother with x-pipes or such. Not worth the cost.

I didn't do the dyno pull/tune until all the mods were in place, so I can't say how much any of them gained hp individually.

I probably should have gone long tubes instead of shorty headers.

Other than that, I'm pleased with the results.

About $34k all totaled up - including the car and all the mods.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

You are help, don't worry. Just trying to get a feel for my direction for mods. About the BBK throttle body, I take it you added that the same time as the other mods, right? I was just wondering if it is worth the $300 bones, with either improved response or the 8-10 hp that some claim....No prob, just getting a feel for my direction like I said. Livernois Motorsports did an '05 with the Basani system, and they said that the stock cats were holding the stock car back somewhat compared to the Basani X-pipe system with high flows. I only wish I could find the article, it is like 1.5 years old in my memory. I think it was in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords. Cannot remember. But I will probably start with the C&L cold air kit, Predator tuner, and possibly BBK 62mm throttle body, and definatly the cat back system for starters to gain some growl in the sound department. That should set me back about a thousand bones, that is going to be hard to talk the wife into,,,anybody with any ideas about that one???? I always have that annual bonus coming up around Feb or Mar to look forward to, it never seems to be the same amount, maybe I could pull one over on her then???? I bet I could drop like 2 grand on it tomorrow no problem if I had the money. Man, mustangs are cash hogs for the aftermarket. Later guys.

My throttle response dramtically improved after the SCT tune.

Downshifting now is a pleasure!

That, alone, was worth the money. I can blip the throttle with confidence now. :shift:

You are right, you are not any help, thanks for nothing :hysterical2:

:stop: Just kidding Ruf, I know you are not a self proclaimed "tech" guy. There is nothing wrong with that. I am just usually the type of person who likes to work on my vehicles myself. I once had an '84 Chevy blazer that threw a rod up through the rocker arm. I helped my Dad "rebuild" the engine. Man that was fun, and quite a learning experience. I just enjoy doing those things. I did all the mods on my both my motorcycles myself. I am still one of the rare people who changes his own motor oil. My point is that I will be modding my car myself, so I am trying to get a gage of good mods, and from hearing some of your stories of good and bad things alike helps us all, so I say thanks for the information. See, you are a help to us! Later.

Archived