TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Dodge Enthusiasts Attending the 2010 Vegas Bash

So which Shelby Dodge enthusiasts are attending the Vegas Bash this coming January?

If there are enough of you attending I'll try to get something extra thats Dodge orientated thrown in the mix.

If you prefer not to post your name publicly please PM me and I'll just add you in as a number.

Steve

I'm registered and planning on having at least as much fun as last year B) Just to be sure the old Shelby runs a bit better than this year, I am going to do another track day at Fontana speedway next month with Speedventures :banvictory: The clutch issue is way behind me now, the new Twin Plate Tilton Rally clutch is holding all the power *and* it's streetable :whew:

Alan

So which Shelby Dodge enthusiasts are attending the Vegas Bash this coming January?

If there are enough of you attending I'll try to get something extra thats Dodge orientated thrown in the mix.

If you prefer not to post your name publicly please PM me and I'll just add you in as a number.

Steve

You know I will be there since I live in Las Vegas!

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Was just in Las Vegas last week.

Took a break from SEMA & AAPEX, and went to Shelby Automobiles. Looked around and even chatted with Gary Patterson.

The Dodge vehicles on display in the lobby are the 1983 1/2 Dodge Shelby Charger, 1987 Shelby Lancer, and the 1989 Shelby Dakota. That Dakota has over 60,000 miles.

Well, I guess I can go back to Sin City in 2 months. I may be done with my 1984 Dodge Rampage by then. I'll consider it as a reward for the work I'm doing to my Rampage.

I'm currently having some lower ball joints, lower control arms bushings, and sway bar bushings installed. Bushings courtesy of PolyBushings. Rebuilt power rack and pinion and (2) new CV axles are also being installed. Also got to drain the gas tank. It just goes on and on with this car. Wish I could upgrade it to Shelby Charger front brakes, but, I need to get it done and down on the ground. Damn code enforcement is snooping around my vehicles.

Ray

Central California

post-23799-1257919160_thumb.jpg

post-23799-1257919160_thumb.jpg

That Dakota has over 60,000 miles.

If you look closer you'll see Nevada plates on the thing. It's not currently registered but previously was and saw use by someone at SAI. Kind of a company car type of thing.

If you think 60k is high you outta see the Lonestar prototype Dakota :)

Steve

Aww, how sweet, you guys all double dating to the bash?

:hyper:

Alan

Naw, most of us are bringing our wives along, too. Sadly, you won't have that option as yours still refuses to ride in any of your heaps, correct?

Naw, most of us are bringing our wives along, too. Sadly, you won't have that option as yours still refuses to ride in any of your heaps, correct?

When you're right, you're right :o But then I ask myself, is it really such a bad thing that is it so easy and acceptable to ditch the ball and chain just by taking a drive somewhere in on of the heaps :P

Alan

we'll see how deep the snow is this time, I had 3 ft here last year and 2 ft the year before lol. I have a game plan to build my trailer into a snow hauler as this goes on in (^&*(%$ early Jan...... I am beginning to think Mustangs over heat or something lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Steve, what Steve said.

And, by the results of the dyno tuning this last weekend, there will be at least three decent running 86 cars there and mine, by comparison, will be the least powerful!

Let's hope Alan gets his S going in time too.

Yeah, but you are far braver than the rest of us when it comes time to turn up the boost!

Yes let's hope so. I'd hate to have security alerted that under no circumstances are any banana colored TC's to be allowed in the gate. :redcard:

Steve

I heard he was ordering up a special sticker set for the ultra limited production "Iacocca/Shelby Edition Maser-Shelbiati TC".

Swb,

Are you going to give me a ride in your GLHS!!! I really need one of those cars... BTW, Bea says hi.. See you in Vegas..

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

You bet-I'm bringing a couple GLHS's so take your pick! Caprice and I are looking forward to seeing the crew again(give our best to Bea). I think she is going to take a few laps around the course in one of the cars too!

Yes, you do need one!

Regards,

Steve

Hi Stuart,

You bet-I'm bringing a couple GLHS's so take your pick! Caprice and I are looking forward to seeing the crew again(give our best to Bea). I think she is going to take a few laps around the course in one of the cars too!

Yes, you do need one!

Regards,

Steve

Steve,

Sounds great! We'll be flying in this year (V6 Mustang Rental) so I'll need some excitment. Be safe travelling to Vegas and we'll see you at the Alainte! Say hi to Caprice. We missed you at Terlingua this year... Regards.

Stuart

Steve,

Sounds great! We'll be flying in this year (V6 Mustang Rental) so I'll need some excitment. Be safe travelling to Vegas and we'll see you at the Alainte! Say hi to Caprice. We missed you at Terlingua this year... Regards.

Stuart

We'll see what we can do about that Stuart! I'll have to pay closer attention to the Terlingua section, as I would have liked to return-maybe next year. See you at the Alainte.

Regards,

Steve

I'd like to bring this, but only have one trailer:

cobrafia004.th.jpg

Will be bringing this:

shelbyshow016.th.jpg

and this:

glhsand440017kr3.th.jpg

Glad to see there's gonna be a good showing of Mopars again this year. I love to look them all over. I haven't driven my GLHS in several years, it needs several things before I put it back on the road, but at least it's painted and looks nice! One of these days!

Glad to see there's gonna be a good showing of Mopars again this year. I love to look them all over. I haven't driven my GLHS in several years, it needs several things before I put it back on the road, but at least it's painted and looks nice! One of these days!

When you find the Shelby Dodge contingent at the track/hotel, stop by and say hello. Time to get your "S" back on the road :)

A '67 GT500? One of my favorites. I had a '67 GT350 years ago with the inboard lights-traded it for a Trans Am 455SD(I know, I know..) How about a pic ?

When you find the Shelby Dodge contingent at the track/hotel, stop by and say hello. Time to get your "S" back on the road :)

A '67 GT500? One of my favorites. I had a '67 GT350 years ago with the inboard lights-traded it for a Trans Am 455SD(I know, I know..) How about a pic ?

I have tried to upload pics here before, but I keep getting a message that says the file is too big. I upload them at other sites, but here I always seem to have a problem. I managed to get some to post in my gallery under my profile, but I can't seem to add them to posts on the forum.

I have tried to upload pics here before, but I keep getting a message that says the file is too big. I upload them at other sites, but here I always seem to have a problem. I managed to get some to post in my gallery under my profile, but I can't seem to add them to posts on the forum.

OK

Trying uploading your pics again here on Team Shelby. I'm not positive but I think the new 3.0 version of TS is easier for uploading pics.

Steve

PS- I just uploaded an unedited huge photo and it seemed yo upload just fine. If your photos are large in size you may only be able to upload one at a time.

IMG_0307.JPG

IMG_0307.JPG

Archived