TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake NJ state inspection

Hi all but particularly my fellow New Jersey SS owners.

I was one of the first Gt500s delivered in NJ back in August 2006 and subsequently had the beast SS'd.

As the rest of you guys know NJ new cars get 4 years till they require an inspection and yes the dreaded day is coming right after next spring.

Before I stress about someone telling me to step aside as they (a state paid individual) take my car through the paces, was wondering what the rest of you were planning to do when the day came

Are there any private places one can go?

Thanks in advance for any input

Best

Hi all but particularly my fellow New Jersey SS owners.

I was one of the first Gt500s delivered in NJ back in August 2006 and subsequently had the beast SS'd.

As the rest of you guys know NJ new cars get 4 years till they require an inspection and yes the dreaded day is coming right after next spring.

Before I stress about someone telling me to step aside as they (a state paid individual) take my car through the paces, was wondering what the rest of you were planning to do when the day came

Are there any private places one can go?

Thanks in advance for any input

Best

Unless the laws have changed, my understanding is the SS as delivered from Shelby is 50 state legal.

Unless the laws have changed, my understanding is the SS as delivered from Shelby is 50 state legal.

Sorry, that's not what I meant. I'm not afraid of it passing inspection, I'm afraid of damage during the inspection...driving on a lift... chin spoiler, person testing the brakes on a skid pad not familiar with a 700HP automobile...etc

Was hoping their was a private inspection alternative outside of the state run agencies but sanctioned by the state

Sorry, that's not what I meant. I'm not afraid of it passing inspection, I'm afraid of damage during the inspection...driving on a lift... chin spoiler, person testing the brakes on a skid pad not familiar with a 700HP automobile...etc

Was hoping their was a private inspection alternative outside of the state run agencies but sanctioned by the state

Wow! I thought California was bad. I can't imagine turning my car loose to some yahoo to "test" the brakes on a skid pad. If at all possible you have to be there to supervise the lifting of the car. I can see why you're concerned, sorry I can't be any help. Good luck.

Wow! I thought California was bad. I can't imagine turning my car loose to some yahoo to "test" the brakes on a skid pad. If at all possible you have to be there to supervise the lifting of the car. I can see why you're concerned, sorry I can't be any help. Good luck.

I have a Ford SVT dealer in town and took mine there. They are a bit more clued in.

I have a Ford SVT dealer in town and took mine there. They are a bit more clued in.

Yeh a dealer would be great! Unfortunately, it is my understanding that the NJ inspections are done only at state facilities.....oh my please someone tell me it ain't sooo

Am I the only TS member with an SS in NJ...I can't believe it

Yeh a dealer would be great! Unfortunately, it is my understanding that the NJ inspections are done only at state facilities.....oh my please someone tell me it ain't sooo

Am I the only TS member with an SS in NJ...I can't believe it

This was bugging me since NJ and California so often line up together with lots of fun government regulations. Here's a link to the New Jersey MVC. It looks like you can do your inspection at private inspection facility.

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Inspections/HowDoI.htm

This was bugging me since NJ and California so often line up together with lots of fun government regulations. Here's a link to the New Jersey MVC. It looks like you can do your inspection at private inspection facility.

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Inspections/HowDoI.htm

Thanks Torch!! That's definitely helpful if no one comes back with a personal recommendation

Appreciate you taking the time

:censored: that would be scary!

Archived