TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shaker 1000

I’ve got a Shaker 1000 system; I’m wondering if anyone has figured out how to add satellite radio to the stock stereo system if not equipment from Ford? I really don’t want to add a separate control head to the dash, or any other location.

I’ve got a Shaker 1000 system; I’m wondering if anyone has figured out how to add satellite radio to the stock stereo system if not equipment from Ford? I really don’t want to add a separate control head to the dash, or any other location.

You should be able to get the parts from FORD...I know there is a receiver that mounts in the trunk on the right side that would be behind your woofer and the interior panels, then the antenna on the trunk, and the wiring up to the radio head...should all be plug and play...Then you would just use the AUX button to get to the Satellite same as on the Shaker 500 system...

www.Radiosandmore.com has the kit for $300 with everything except the bracket which is $40 7R32 18888A is the pn I think. Includes the y harness, sat receiver and a "normal" Sirius antenna. I have it all and need to get it installed. WNenn

I bought a sirius module on ebay, the harness from radiosandmore.com. Be sure to buy a module that already has the mounting bracket like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MUSTANG-GT-...telliteQ5fRadio

For the antenna, you can use an aftermarket one that sells for $10 on ebay.

Once you have it all hooked up, check to see if it already has a subscription before calling sirius. You may get lucky and get one that already has a lifetime sub already on.

Good Luck !!

I bought a sirius module on ebay, the harness from radiosandmore.com. Be sure to buy a module that already has the mounting bracket like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MUSTANG-GT-...telliteQ5fRadio

For the antenna, you can use an aftermarket one that sells for $10 on ebay.

Once you have it all hooked up, check to see if it already has a subscription before calling sirius. You may get lucky and get one that already has a lifetime sub already on.

Good Luck !!

So once wired in would I access the system with the Aux button since I do not have a Band button???

So once wired in would I access the system with the Aux button since I do not have a Band button???

Yes, You should have CD/AM-FM/Phone/AUX buttons on either side of the display...when you want to listen to satellite, just hit the AUX button and you'll have about 4 bands of Sirius Radio to flip through and program to your favorite stations just like you can on your AM/FM bands...

Archived