TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Interesting 315 tire width thread on SCCA forum

315's run in fine in the rear on a Griggs system with the 315 kit; no problem.

This guy has no griggs kit...my question is how far out of the lip would the tire run and would it rub if you hit a bump...will try to mount up a wheel and see how much space I can measure out with the actual rim.

Thinking I might try a 315/30/19

This guy has no griggs kit...my question is how far out of the lip would the tire run and would it rub if you hit a bump...will try to mount up a wheel and see how much space I can measure out with the actual rim.

Thinking I might try a 315/30/19

The wheels actually stick out of the wheel wells so he probably running springs that are so stiff that the wheels probably don't hit the fender. But it must ride like crap and it I guarantee it doesn't handle well at all.

Colin

The wheels actually stick out of the wheel wells so he probably running springs that are so stiff that the wheels probably don't hit the fender. But it must ride like crap and it I guarantee it doesn't handle well at all.

Colin

Which gives me an opprotunity to ask why you run 305's on your personal car, if you make a 315 kit?

Colin I am trying to get the widest rear rubber for 19x10 wheels 50mm offset. Daily driver car, stock SGT suspension. I want it to tuck correct? Forgive my lameness, I am used to dealing with muscle cars (street) pre 71. I have seen many 05-09 mustangs with rubber exceeding the fender lip...confuses me is the suspension travel not that great as in the old cars or do they just don't care if it rubs?

Which gives me an opprotunity to ask why you run 305's on your personal car, if you make a 315 kit?

I use the Toyo Proxes R888 for the track and it was not made in a 315/30/18 when it came out. They started with a 305/35/18. We call it the "315 kit" because the GR40TT demo car uses Hoosier R6 tires which are 315/30/18. I use the Toyo as it lasts much longer than the Hoosier R6, but it obviously not as sticky.

Colin

I use the Toyo Proxes R888 for the track and it was not made in a 315/30/18 when it came out. They started with a 305/35/18. We call it the "315 kit" because the GR40TT demo car uses Hoosier R6 tires which are 315/30/18. I use the Toyo as it lasts much longer than the Hoosier R6, but it obviously not as sticky.

Colin

I actualy wondered about when I first read a post about the 315 kit... your car looks perfect in your signature picture...

Super cool!!! Thanks for the information!

BTW that video with Ken in the car is great!!! Rock on!

Archived