TEAM SHELBY FORUM

kenne bell/3.73/ fr susp/alcoa wheels

pucky

FINALLY GOT IT BACK TODAY :happy feet: . ALCOA WHEELS /PIRELLI TIRES / FRPP SUSPENSION / 3.73 REAR GEARS / KENNE BELL STAGE 3 ,3 IN PULLEY DYNO 689 RWHP 608 TORQ . HOLY CRAP YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING THIS THING IS CRAZY :o .TRACTION IS DEFINITLY AN ISSUE .DID ALSO GET THE 3.25 PULLEY AND TUNE TO CHANGE WHEN I WANT . ALSO HAVE TO GET ADJUST PAN HARD BAR, TIRES ARE OFF BY 3/8 OF AN INCH .ALSO FOR ALL YOU GUYS THAT WERE WONDERING HAD THE ENGINE DROPPED 1/2 INCH AND ALSO THEY DROPPED THE TRANS THE SAME WITH 4 ALUMINUM SPACERS WITHOUT ANY ISSUES THAT I CAN SEE OR FEEL AND IT FITS UNDER THE HOOD NICELY WITHOUT HAVING TO REMOVE THE INSULATOR. ALSO I FIND THE RIDE VERY GOOD NOT TO HARSH AT ALL.

[ will post some pictures tomorrow if i can figure it out]

Without photos, you are just teasing us. :hysterical: If you have trouble posting photos, grab a 13 year old and they will walk you through it (worked for me).

Who did the work on your car?

As to the traction issues, you may want to do some additional work on your suspension with a Watts Link of at least an adjustible panhard bar, and control arms, upper and lower. Regardless what else you do to it, you are going to have trouble getting that much power to the ground. But, if you are going to have trouble, that is pretty nice trouble to have.

Congratulations of what you have done so far. Looking forward to the photos.

Jim

THX ALL, WORK WAS DONE BY SEAN HYLAND MOTORSPORTS

Congrats. I run the 3.25" pulley and it's too cold with stock 18" street tires.

You do not need a seperate tune for the 3.25" and 3" pulley. Make sure you know why they are giving you seperate tunes if they are...

Without photos, you are just teasing us. :hysterical: If you have trouble posting photos, grab a 13 year old and they will walk you through it (worked for me).

:hysterical2: Now that's funny Jim.

That's a great list of mods you got punky. Take lots of care :shift: , she'll bite you when you least expect it.

pucky

I couldn't help but noticed that your from Nova Scotia, you wouldn't happen to be living in the HRM would you? If you are keep an eye out for an 08 Grabber Orange Convertible (mine). By the way what colour is your Shelby? As for centering your rear end, as was mentioned before, a WATTS Link will definately keep rear inline with your front and it also improves the handling of your car.

HEY SHIPWRIGHT

I AM DOWN ON THE SOUTH SHORE , SHELBURNE TO BE EXACT . WHAT MODS DO YOU HAVE ON YOUR CAR .

Appearance/bling mods:

CDC Dead Pedal

Steeda Hydraulic Hood Lifts

Web Electric Sequential Tail Lights

Carroll Shelby Signed Passenger Air Bag Cover

Carroll Shelby signed Center Dash Plaque and Door Sills (not yet installed)

Converted passenger seat to a power unit (keeps the wife from carjacking me)

Performance mods (installed):

FRPP FR3SVT Handling Package (full package)

Maximum Motorsport Adjustable Caster Camber Plates

FRPP “KR” Short Throw Shifter

FRPP “KR” Axle Back Mufflers (I had FRPP 5GT/Borla Stingers before but the wife couldn’t take the drone).

Evolution Performance Lower Control arms (Poly bushings)

BMR Adjustable Upper Control Arm (Poly Bushings)

Metco Heavy Duty Upper Control Arm Bracket

Saleen Watts Link

Michelin Pilot Sport Tires (not really a performance mod but certainly better than the hockey puck like F1’s)

Performance mods (sitting in house or currently on order):

C&R Heat Exchanger

C&R Radiator

Moroso Heat Exchanger Tank

Moroso Radiator Tank

Reisch 170 deg Thermostat

AP Racing 6 Piston Front Brake Package

Performance mods (to be ordered in Jan - Feb):

FRPP Front Brake Cooling Kit

Shelby Bezels for Brake Cooling Kit.

hey wilson what size pulley are you running and did you change gears

thx paul

that's 3.25" It's too much for the stock tires as it is.. Will turn up boost for track.

I think that changing gears (stock is 3.55) is pretty much a waste since the power that is made with the kb is very brutal down low rpms. it would only make tire spin worse.

money would be better spent on DR's or adj shocks to get the car to plant the tires better.

but on a car that is raced more than street driven, a 3.73 might help some with a 28" slick

HEY AVIATOR , MY ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION WERE DROPPED 1/2 IN :headscratch: , I WOULD NOT CUT MY HOOD .THEY DID A GREAT JOB WITH THE AFTERMARKET MOUNTS AND THEY MADE ALUMINUM SPACERS FOR THE TRANSMISSION IT ALL LOOKS FACTORY WITH NO HOOD MODS. :baby:

You are correct, i do believe that you pointed that out to me once before.

Thanks for the updated pics.

Have you DYNOED this beast yet?

I think AGENT IAN wants to know the size of your pulley. :eek5:

HI I AM RUNNING THE 94 TUNE ON 3 IN PULLEY DYONED ON DYNOJET 689 RWHP 608 TORQ . THX FOR THE COMPLIMENTS . ALSO IS ANYBODY AWARE OF THIS TUNE AS I HAVE HEARD SOME CONVERSATION ABOUT WOT ON THIS TUNE . THE REASON I ASK IS THAT THE POWER SEEMS TO HIT ALL AT ONCE WHICH IS A LITTLE ANNOYING , ALTHOUGH IT IS VERY STREETABLE WITH NO OTHER PROBS .

THX AGAIN PAUL

HI I AM RUNNING THE 94 TUNE ON 3 IN PULLEY DYONED ON DYNOJET 689 RWHP 608 TORQ . THX FOR THE COMPLIMENTS . ALSO IS ANYBODY AWARE OF THIS TUNE AS I HAVE HEARD SOME CONVERSATION ABOUT WOT ON THIS TUNE . THE REASON I ASK IS THAT THE POWER SEEMS TO HIT ALL AT ONCE WHICH IS A LITTLE ANNOYING , ALTHOUGH IT IS VERY STREETABLE WITH NO OTHER PROBS .

THX AGAIN PAUL

Are you running 94 Octane Fuel? Also is this the tune from Whipple? I hear that Jon Lund of Jon Lund Racing is the MASTER tuner when it comes to these cars. With all that you have sunk into your ride you might want to contact him for a custom tune. That is my plan of action.

they filled the car with 94 before they shipped it back . then i will only have 91 here in nova scotia i will have to run an octane boost after that probably nos race formula or maybe i will put the 3.25 pulley on , the program is a kenne bell as far as i know . tuner is sct??. i will check with the installer .

Archived