TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby deck lid letters

SGT0128

My GT-C, 0128 is missing the rear deck lid S H E L B Y letters. When I purchased it the car had 200 miles on it but was built 09/07, so quite a bit of time went by before I got the car. I was told by the Ford dealer that the letters had probably fallen off; another sales person said he read somewhere that 5 to 10 cars had left SAI without these letters. Does anyone know what the truth is?

The car also appears to have been re-striped; it’s missing the orange stripe on the hood scoop. Can that orange stripe be purchased?

My GT-C, 0128 is missing the rear deck lid S H E L B Y letters. When I purchased it the car had 200 miles on it but was built 09/07, so quite a bit of time went by before I got the car. I was told by the Ford dealer that the letters had probably fallen off; another sales person said he read somewhere that 5 to 10 cars had left SAI without these letters. Does anyone know what the truth is?

The car also appears to have been re-striped; it’s missing the orange stripe on the hood scoop. Can that orange stripe be purchased?

Shelby performance parts has the stock letters that are stick on for the rear of your SGT, and SAI should be able to supply you with a replacement orange stripe for the hood scoop...only issue there is that the center rivet in the back of the scoop will then be under the stripe instead of on top of it as it should be...Perhaps you should just contact SAI and see what they say about the situation...they might take care of it for you...If it was re-striped by the dealer before you purchased it, they should have to disclose that information...

All SGT's left the facility with the rear letters. If it appears the car has been restriped they would have needed to take off the letters in order to restripe correctly. This may be the case. You should contact your dealer for the letters.

Send me an email with your VIN and CSM along with your mailing address and we will send an orange stripe for your scoop out to you.

rogers@shelbyautos.com

Roger

All SGT's left the facility with the rear letters. If it appears the car has been restriped they would have needed to take off the letters in order to restripe correctly. This may be the case. You should contact your dealer for the letters.

Send me an email with your VIN and CSM along with your mailing address and we will send an orange stripe for your scoop out to you.

rogers@shelbyautos.com

Roger

Now THAT is service !!!!

My GT-C, was missing the "Y" it was ripped off at the dealership. They took $200 dollars from the price of the car. I ordered new letters for $55. They don't fall off, if it was re-striped at the dealership they did not reapply them and should hook you up with cash or letters. SAI was very helpful in getting me my letters.

• 3 weeks later...

I just came across this post. My car was without the Shelby letters in the back and also the straps for the Hood pins. I bought my car in March of 09 and the car had been there for about a year and the dealer had no idea where they went. Any way to make a long story short I am still waiting for the lettering and straps. I just brought in last week because the stripes and the Scoop are having problems. The dealer assured (for the 3rd time) that the missing items, new strips and hood will be here in 3-6 weeks. Well we will see. I am glad the car is so much fun, it makes the time go faster.

post-26526-1258262114_thumb.jpg

post-26526-1258262114_thumb.jpg

I just came across this post. My car was without the Shelby letters in the back and also the straps for the Hood pins. I bought my car in March of 09 and the car had been there for about a year and the dealer had no idea where they went. Any way to make a long story short I am still waiting for the lettering and straps. I just brought in last week because the stripes and the Scoop are having problems. The dealer assured (for the 3rd time) that the missing items, new strips and hood will be here in 3-6 weeks. Well we will see. I am glad the car is so much fun, it makes the time go faster.

You can always call Ford's warranty line yourself and see if anything has been filed by the dealer.

I would do that and I suspect not since the car didn't leave without them so the dealer is responsible for the $$$$ and buying them. If that's the case call SPP and see if the items are in stock and ready to ship. If they are, then your dealer is all and all giving you the run-around.

I would print the web pages for each item, verify they are in stock, and go back to the dealer and hand them to them with the SPP 800 order number with an appointment to drop the car off in a week to install.

You can always call Ford's warranty line yourself and see if anything has been filed by the dealer.

I would do that and I suspect not since the car didn't leave without them so the dealer is responsible for the $$$$ and buying them. If that's the case call SPP and see if the items are in stock and ready to ship. If they are, then your dealer is all and all giving you the run-around.

I would print the web pages for each item, verify they are in stock, and go back to the dealer and hand them to them with the SPP 800 order number with an appointment to drop the car off in a week to install.

Thanks for the Info. I will check it out.

I have a 2007 GT that is now a SHELB - the Y has fallen off and I was hoping to hop on here and find out where to get a new set in case I want to sell. YOU ARE NOT ALONE...

I have a 2007 GT that is now a SHELB - the Y has fallen off and I was hoping to hop on here and find out where to get a new set in case I want to sell. YOU ARE NOT ALONE...

You can find a set in the Shelby Performance Parts store:

http://shelbyperformanceparts.com/ShowItem...%20Letters.aspx

$54.95

It's my understanding that the "Y" in some cars has a small dimple that prevents it from fully sticking to the car. All it takes is a caught wash cloth and soon enough..."pop" off it goes! The issue has since been fixed so the replacement shouldn't have the same problem.

Archived