TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My "New" GT500 with 2 months and 75 miles on it! :redcard:

SSGT500

In the good news-bad news department. I spoke with my dealer today. The good news is that my GT500 is in. The bad news is that it was delivered to the dealer with 75 miles on the odometer. It was built on Oct 26. Where has this thing been for almost 2 months? Food runs around Flat Rock for a month? Has anybody else received a new car with this much mileage? I spoke with the customer service rep at the AAI plant. He told me that this was not unusual. And that some cars are used for testing to make sure all the bugs are driven out. I think this is BS.

In the good news-bad news department. I spoke with my dealer today. The good news is that my GT500 is in. The bad news is that it was delivered to the dealer with 75 miles on the odometer. It was built on Oct 26. Where has this thing been for almost 2 months? Food runs around Flat Rock for a month? Has anybody else received a new car with this much mileage? I spoke with the customer service rep at the AAI plant. He told me that this was not unusual. And that some cars are used for testing to make sure all the bugs are driven out. I think this is BS.

:redcard: If it was used for testing it would have a window sticker as documentation to prove it! Someones BS-ing you

SCGT500,

I had it done to my 04 Term, this is what it should look like, read info on it. Don't worry it should actually be a benefit to you, as they check the car for defects and there should be a mileage sticker on your drivers' side window. Good Luck.. Be Happy.

svtkeith

post-3019-1166828391_thumb.jpgSSGT500,

I had it done to my 04 Term, see attached pic and read info on it. Don't worry it should actually be a benefit to you, as they check the car for defects and there should be a mileage sticker on your drivers' side window. Good Luck.. Be Happy.

svtkeith

post-3019-1166828519_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1166828391_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1166828519_thumb.jpg

SCGT500,

I had it done to my 04 Term, this is what it should look like, read info on it. Don't worry it should actually be a benefit to you, as they check the car for defects and there should be a mileage sticker on your drivers' side window. Good Luck.. Be Happy.

svtkeith

post-3019-1166828391_thumb.jpgSSGT500,

I had it done to my 04 Term, see attached pic and read info on it. Don't worry it should actually be a benefit to you, as they check the car for defects and there should be a mileage sticker on your drivers' side window. Good Luck.. Be Happy.

svtkeith

My 04 Term had come with the same thing in the glove box.. :headspin:

My 07 came with 11 miles.

The stickers on the GT500 test vehicles looks different, but does state mileage. I would not worry about it, but I would look over the car very good in the daylight just to be sure everything is cool. Mine came in with 7 miles on it, most I think are around 20 miles? when do you pick it up? Or have you?

Mine came with 7 miles aswell. I woulda liked it under 5 so i kno no one was screwin around with full power... and 0 woulda been really nice but we all know that cant happen haha.

If you can get the test vehicle documentation, then your money, if they drag you through the mud and dont give it up, then they are pullin a quick one on u *my opinion*.

SCGT500

My GT500 arrived with 68 miles registered on the odometer. There was a sticker on the driver's window with the following statement: "SEE ATTACHMENT"

I received the car later than expected but it was worth the wait and also (kind of) knowing someone at the plant evaluated the car for any problems. Or maybe it was the McD "delivery" car for a month. Anyways - it runs great!

post-7112-1166844330_thumb.jpg

Mine came with 7 miles aswell. I woulda liked it under 5 so i kno no one was screwin around with full power... and 0 woulda been really nice but we all know that cant happen haha.

If you can get the test vehicle documentation, then your money, if they drag you through the mud and dont give it up, then they are pullin a quick one on u *my opinion*.

LOL...not flaming at all, its actually kind of funny, but do you guys really think that someone who drives your car for a couple of miles is really going to drive it harder than you will while you own it? Is it just because you're not there to witness it? Relax, the guys at Ford SVT have tested the vehicle with far less regard for the vehicles well being so that it can hold up for many thousands of miles of "hard driving". Im sure there are "horror stories" out there, but they are few and far between. Heck, I a manager at a local Ford dealer and it was my job to PDI drive the 14 Ford GT's we've sold in two years. Did I get on it? Hell yes! Did I beat the crap out of it? Hell no!

The valet is set for 5 CONSECUTIVE miles for the blower to come on. Mine had 8 miles on it, but the blower was not working. I drove it 5 miles and it came on.

Mine had 2.1 miles on it before the PDI test drive which I drove. Kind of surprised me it was so low but there it was. Kinda wish SVT had driven mine at the plant, they would have found the defective radiator we found durning the PDI. Sprang a leak at first warm up, the end cap was not correctly or completely attached.

It is a couple miles to the stripe shop if you have stripes.

That is the sticker I was talking about.

I did the same. :happy feet:

Why are you picking it up next year??

Does your car have stripes? It is a couple miles on the car if you have stripes, otherwise that is why your miles are low?

tax reasons

It is a couple miles to the stripe shop if you have stripes.

Does your car have stripes? It is a couple miles on the car if you have stripes, otherwise that is why your miles are low?

My car has stripes. Tungsten on Vista Blue. Don't know why the miles are so low unless I am comparing my Pre PDI miles to everyone else at delivery to them after PDI. At any rate, 2.1 is what was there and 2.1 is recorded on the MSO. Don't have a title yet.

Archived