TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dyno #'s of stock kr?

KR158

Well I would really like to know what other KR owners are making at the wheel. My car will hit the rollers Saturday. I have heard any where from 460-500whp is the norm but I think 420whp is what my car is making. I raced a friends stock 09 z and lost by 3 or better which is understandbale. Then I ran my friend's kleemann stage 1 e55 and lost each race by a car or two? His car made 440whp and 516wlbft and weighs some 3900-4000lbs. I dont think the kr should have lost this race but we ran several times from low speeds to high speeds etc and the kr would lose each time? My car had 50 miles when it show ed a few days ago and now has 285 miles. I am very curious to see the numbers but feel they will be very low. Any one else seen this happen? Did shelby not load the right tune with the frpp intake or did they just give me the weakest tune they had?

Well I would really like to know what other KR owners are making at the wheel. My car will hit the rollers Saturday. I have heard any where from 460-500whp is the norm but I think 420whp is what my car is making. I raced a friends stock 09 z and lost by 3 or better which is understandbale. Then I ran my friend's kleemann stage 1 e55 and lost each race by a car or two? His car made 440whp and 516wlbft and weighs some 3900-4000lbs. I dont think the kr should have lost this race but we ran several times from low speeds to high speeds etc and the kr would lose each time? My car had 50 miles when it show ed a few days ago and now has 285 miles. I am very curious to see the numbers but feel they will be very low. Any one else seen this happen? Did shelby not load the right tune with the frpp intake or did they just give me the weakest tune they had?

about 430-440whp is the norm for the car with the CAI from ford racing on a dynojet. what type of dyno was it?

No dyno done yet just losing races. I thought this car would have been as fast as my sl65 was stock for stock being the sl65 was so heavy but boy was I wrong.

if you want to liven it up a bit, get a lund tune for the FRPP CAI your wheel HP will jump and i bet you will take care of those cars ;)

you would get a tuner witht he program in it for whatever octane you have there it will save the stock KR tune and load in the new tune, your car will come ALIVE!

I have justin over nighting me a vmp 2.65, 10% lower and tune by tomm so when we run the base line Saturday we can add these and get a post dyno as well. I had a few local guys saying to wait for the car to get more miles and it will get faster but I dont see how. None of my other cars have gotten any faster with miles, they made what they made. I am hoping to see 550-570whp with these upgrades.

there you go, all cars make more power when the engines break in, you will see a gain :) plus those parts will blow it out of the water :)

No I wish I could there is not a dyno close to me. I'm going off what other TS members have posted and from here.

Read This

dont buy it, thats like th e 2010 that made 509whp and no one can reproduce it. same engine, cai and tune.

guys with the lund tune are seeing 500whp with the cai and such. I attached a recent 2010 GT500 Dyno sheet. 450 was it and thats with the 2010 knock sensors doing their job.

GT500_vs_Stage_3_Dyno.pdf

GT500_vs_Stage_3_Dyno.pdf

dont buy it, thats like th e 2010 that made 509whp and no one can reproduce it. same engine, cai and tune.

guys with the lund tune are seeing 500whp with the cai and such. I attached a recent 2010 GT500 Dyno sheet. 450 was it and thats with the 2010 knock sensors doing their job.

So is the 5.0 dyno wrong?

id bet it was either not sae or a bad calibration on the dyno. i do a lot of work with guys that have dyno's and stock a gt500 makes about 425saewhp

frpp cai can get you 440-450SAE

cai with a lund tune goes 490-500 sae

the kr is just a FRPP cai with FRPP tune

Ok it might be. Have you driving a KR yet if you have what did you think of it.

I really can't say anything because my KR only has 55 miles thus far so........

Just my opening impression of this car over my '08 GT500 is, it's more responsive (3.73 gears) and seems to pull much harder even though i'm trying to go easy on it. I'll have it dyno'd after about 1500 miles.

The available HP in these cars is unreal, my P51 Roush had a lame pig rich tune , and posted 402HP RWHP SAE, I was not happy to say the least since car was advertised as 510 HP at Flywheel which should have been 435 at RW, Roush Reflashed ECM with improved tune since P51 were clogging cats, fouling plugs and ruining 02 sensors, the new tune woke car up 516RWHP SAE, I think the KR with 5.4 has much more potential than standard 4.6 .VMP , Evolution Performance have products and others too that will make huge difference, I just want to make sure my warranty is honored. My Roush Car is special for several reasons, and this is very true of KR. Think you can retune and change pulley get to 600RWHP SAE, add TVS or Kenne Bell go beyond.

Have you had it dynoed yet?

Archived