TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anal?

ProntoTonto

Okay, so it rained on my Shelby today and when it stopped I was out wiping it down. Some areas looked dry and I wiped these areas down with Quick Detailer. Unfortunately I don't have a garage at the moment, only a carport and the rain sometimes blows under. She thinks I'm crazy! Anyone else this anal about keeping their Shelby clean? Share your stories.

I washed my car twice today...

:unsure:

that's all I have to say about being obsessive. You get the picture.

I border on the anal about keeping my cars clean, but I drove my 2007 GT500 in good weather and bad. I drive my 2010 in the same. You can drive a car and keep it looking great. It takes work, but its worth it to me to be driving whenever I want versus simply letting it look pretty in the garage and having to look at the weather ever day just to see if it will be okay to drive it.

To each their own.

Of course!

I was sitting in my car when a guy spilled coffee on it getting into his car. He was very apologetic and offered to clean it off when I pulled the detail spray out of the trunk. I replied, "No, it's ok. I'm the only person that's ever cleaned this car and I'm not about to change now". I'm glad I was there so he didn't wipe it off with something that doesn't meet with my approval.

I border on the anal about keeping my cars clean, but I drove my 2007 GT500 in good weather and bad. I drive my 2010 in the same. You can drive a car and keep it looking great. It takes work, but its worth it to me to be driving whenever I want versus simply letting it look pretty in the garage and having to look at the weather ever day just to see if it will be okay to drive it.

To each their own.

Yep, I drive mine daily - rain or shine. Like you say..it just takes a little work (which I enjoy anyway) and you can keep it looking fantastic.

Mine has never seen a rain drop. It lives in the garage with the car cover. This actually speaks to my newest delima..... I currently live in San Antonio but am moving to Florida very soon. The thought of my car in salt air makes me very tense. I love the car.....so much I am considering selling to avoid the salt air conditions.....but I dont want to sell!!!!! SOMEBODY HELP! Anybody have a Shelby in FL (my house is on the Indian River Waterway) and still keep it pristine in the salt air environment?? Any tricks i need to know??

Mine has never seen a rain drop. It lives in the garage with the car cover. This actually speaks to my newest delima..... I currently live in San Antonio but am moving to Florida very soon. The thought of my car in salt air makes me very tense. I love the car.....so much I am considering selling to avoid the salt air conditions.....but I dont want to sell!!!!! SOMEBODY HELP! Anybody have a Shelby in FL (my house is on the Indian River Waterway) and still keep it pristine in the salt air environment?? Any tricks i need to know??

there are several members in Fl. If you just keep some good wax on it, and clean the undercarriage couple times a year to get rid of the salt, you should be good--oh and dont leave it outside, need a garage for sure.Guess you could use Grabbers bubble if you are really anal

Mine has never seen a rain drop. It lives in the garage with the car cover. This actually speaks to my newest delima.....

I have an appointment with Tasca Ford to do the GT/SC conversion next week. I've had the appt for about a month now. I did have a friend who was going to trailer it up but sold his trailer in the meantime. Iwas going to take it Saturday, but the forecast calls for rain, so I'm taking off from work to drive up on a nice day and avoid the rain.

Ha ha ha! You're a lightweight compared to some of us.

I had an 03 Cobra that I bought new. It was washed, clay barred, Zaino waxed it was never washed again for the rest of the six years that I owned it (and it WAS driven several days per month).

The Shelby is being treated the same way; in addition it's kept in an overpressure drive-in bubble inside the garage.....

Oh sorry, I thought this thread was about something else....

hey, this is a family channel LOL!!! :hysterical:

Unfortunately, I don't have to drive it to get wet as I only have a carport. What I meant to say was that my nice clean, freshly waxed car is sitting under the carport and when it is raining and windy it gets wet. So it's not a matter of driving only on sunny days, it can get wet when not driving. :banghead: So I run out and wipe it down after every rain.

Man, I miss my garage! Unfortunately when we last moved we needed a house and needed it pretty quick as Katrina saw fit to run me out of my last home. So, we found a really nice home but with only a carport for parking. We are looking at moving back to the N.O. area next year and "as God as my witness" I'll be able to take my time and will have a double car garage again!

Hope you have areally good cover--good ones will keep it dry,cost a few hindred but worth it.But watch out for the mice

Mice? I thought about a cover but afraid of scratching the paint. It seems like even the best covers could scratch and from what I read still let moisture in because it needs to be breathable or could get moisture trapped causing mold.

Okay, so it rained on my Shelby today and when it stopped I was out wiping it down. Some areas looked dry and I wiped these areas down with Quick Detailer. Unfortunately I don't have a garage at the moment, only a carport and the rain sometimes blows under. She thinks I'm crazy! Anyone else this anal about keeping their Shelby clean? Share your stories.

I got my car July 2 and it has never seen rain; other than the svt tech for pre- delivery ; i have been the only one to start or engage the clutch.

I got my car July 2 and it has never seen rain; other than the svt tech for pre- delivery ; i have been the only one to start or engage the clutch.

Don't forget the Stinky Gorilla's that loaded it on and off the Transports?????????? :hysterical:

Archived