TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Let Me Run This Past You

I am planning to order the car as soon as the order banks open. I put this letter together to communicate what and how I want the car. I might be out of town when the banks open, so I wanted to put it in writing. Any suggestion to add or delete any of this?

Per our recent conversations, I will be unavailable to come order the car we discussed as I will be out of town when the order banks open. I would like to order the car as soon as possible after the banks open. I am sending this letter to clarify what it is that I am ordering and under what conditions. I included the order codes in parentheses. My order codes may not be official, so if the code is different for what I clearly am ordering, please feel free to substitute it.

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe (T88 820A)

White (HP) with Blue Stripes (858)

Dark Charcoal interior (GW)

Premier Interior Upgrade Package (68S)

Shaker 1000 Audio system (918)

Satellite Digital Broadcast (50S)

Front Lic Plate Bracket not installed (153)

I believe the other codes are standard.

If for some reason the Shaker 1000 and/or Satellite are not available, those may be deleted. If the other colors or features are not available, please call me to clarify the changes prior to placing the order.

Upon delivery I ask the following:

Do not install the front license bracket. This is important to me.

Please do not attach any other accessory to the car that requires drilling or cutting or adhesives.

Please do not prep the interior of the car. I want all plastic and paperwork intact and left in the car.

If legal in Ohio, please leave the window sticker unattached, in as good as possible condition in the car.

If cleaning the outside of the car, please do not wax it ( I use a special wax that may not mix with yours).

please do not add anything to the car like fabric or paint treatments or window etching.

Please do not allow any test drives of the car.

Please do not keep the car for display on the showroom floor. I will likely pick up the car the day it arrives.

As per our prior conversation I agree to pay the Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price for the car without any added market adjustment.

Thank You, please call if there are any changes that need to be made to this document and/or the order.

Looks good to me. It is thorough, but very clear. The only thing I would add to the actual letter is your phone number(s) (including your cell phone or a number they can reach you at if you are out of town).

They are on there. I just deleted them for the internet. Thank you, though.

What, specifically does the Premier Interior Upgrade Package (68S), and at what estimated cost???

Soft touch/stitched dash brow, console, door panel. Does not say it is leather.

Aluminum pedals

not sure if the stitching on the seats is standard or if it is part of this package.

I don't know cost. Strictly guessing, I would think about $1500 if not leather and $3000 if leather.

I am a military officer, and have had the displeasure of moving every 2-3 years and dealing with a new Ford dealer for our Fords since '96 (2 Explorers, 2 Mustang GTs (coupe & vert) and 2 ROUSH Mustangs (00 Stage 2, 01 Stage 3), and "they" always screw something up. 10 mile test drives that include a trip through a McD's drive through, greasy mits on the interior, body, oily boots on the floor mats (despite the big paper sheet -- or maybe that was an after the fact addition), etc., etc,. and on and on.

My point in all of this is GOOD LUCK! Despite your detailed instructions, someone at the dealership will not comply and later plead ingnorance ("what list?"). Also, good luck on getting it at MSRP... I've already had a GM tell me I was bumped in favor of someone w/ a $10k check over MSRP. Not me, friends. My "plan" is to grab one when I return from Iraq next year, and hopefully the hype will have settled down a bit and I can find one for MSRP or Lord Willing, X-PLAN! Someone wish me "Good Luck" as well?! :shrug:

Someone wish me "Good Luck" as well?! :shrug:

Good luck 01, hope you get back to the States soon.

5.4, I've dealt with writing contracts for the past few years, you have one of your bases covered but need to cover another one. While you are asking/requesting the dealership to perform or not perform certain actions (part one of a contract), you also need to include ramifications/penalties should they, lack of a better term, screw something up (part two of a contract). I.E. If they accidentally install the license plate bracket, what will the dealership do to rectify their mistake? Fill the holes and re-paint? Replace the bumper? Compensate you with money? Free service visits? If you don't put something down on paper and they mess it up, without an agreement of compensation, the dealership can just say sorry Charley. For every action there must be a reaction.

Think of it this way, I’m sure they’ll make you sign a contract to purchase the car and if you are financing it, the financing contract will have a pre-payment clause in it. If you pay the debt balance early, you’ll be charged a pre-determined pre-payment fee for paying off your loan prior to the agreed upon minimum number of payments (action/reaction). With Ford Financial I think it’s a minimum of 4 payments.

Hope this makes sense and the dealer goes for it because when writing a contract, both parties have to agree to the terms.

I am a military officer, and have had the displeasure of moving every 2-3 years and dealing with a new Ford dealer for our Fords since '96 (2 Explorers, 2 Mustang GTs (coupe & vert) and 2 ROUSH Mustangs (00 Stage 2, 01 Stage 3), and "they" always screw something up. 10 mile test drives that include a trip through a McD's drive through, greasy mits on the interior, body, oily boots on the floor mats (despite the big paper sheet -- or maybe that was an after the fact addition), etc., etc,. and on and on.

My point in all of this is GOOD LUCK! Despite your detailed instructions, someone at the dealership will not comply and later plead ingnorance ("what list?"). Also, good luck on getting it at MSRP... I've already had a GM tell me I was bumped in favor of someone w/ a $10k check over MSRP. Not me, friends. My "plan" is to grab one when I return from Iraq next year, and hopefully the hype will have settled down a bit and I can find one for MSRP or Lord Willing, X-PLAN! Someone wish me "Good Luck" as well?! :shrug:

Good luck, be safe. My wife is headed to the sandbox for a while this fall.

Good Luck with car and the war.

Archived