TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is This Your Vin # ?

Not sure if I'm understanding what the seller is trying to say but from his auction description he says he purchased this dash plaque so he could build a GT500 clone but didn't use it as he built a SGT clone instead.

So my question is if he was building a clone who's vin number did he commandeer to order this plaque?

Steve

PS- Gotta love that last line of "A must have for clone builders"

1zvht88s175249285 Dash Plaque

Not sure how Shelby checks on their end if the buyer is actually the owner.

I purchased a VIN plaque for my GT-500 and I supplied them with my VIN #. I suppose anyone can look at a VIN # from any Shelby parked somewhere and try to order a plaque?

Not sure how Shelby checks on their end if the buyer is actually the owner.

I purchased a VIN plaque for my GT-500 and I supplied them with my VIN #. I suppose anyone can look at a VIN # from any Shelby parked somewhere and try to order a plaque?

You are correct. SAI has no way of knowing who the owner of a car is and yes someone can take a vin from ebay and order a plaque.

Steve

Not sure if I'm understanding what the seller is trying to say but from his auction description he says he purchased this dash plaque so he could build a GT500 clone but didn't use it as he built a SGT clone instead.

So my question is if he was building a clone who's vin number did he commandeer to order this plaque?

Steve

:headscratch: I have no problem with clones or "tribute" cars that appear on Ebay but selling the plate with a manufacturer serial number of any kind is approaching violation of some state's laws. The Shelby plate without the serial number is less offensive but still disgusting. The Ford serial number is obviously car specific, so the seller has no legal right to use that specific serial number unless he/she is the owner of the car identified on the plate. They can own the plate but not the serial number. If I were the owner of the car whose serial number appears on this Shelby plate then I would contact Ebay minimally and report this as a fraudulent item.

Steve

I sent the seller a question regarding the origin of the VIN number appearing on the Shelby plate and this is the response " Not sure where the number came from. I bought this from someone else about 2 years ago. And I suppose it came from a crashed car."

Interesting to see the status of the alleged crashed car in the Shelby Registry. Maybe a member of the forum that's in Law Enforcement can run the VIN and see what turns up ?? :shift:

Archived